Sun, Oct 6, 3:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: I've been a busy girl...

tdierikx ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 10:53 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:31 PM

I had a little bit of a "fractal frenzy" the other week... and have just finished rendering over 600 flames.... I've selected the ones that I think are fit for human consumption and uploaded them to my gallery... only 175 new images uploaded... lol! You can see them at... http://www.woosie.net/gallery/index.php ... in the "Apophysis 2" section. Enjoy! T.

Who? Me?

sammi ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 4:26 AM

wow, you have been busy !, some very nice flames there :)

tdierikx ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 6:09 AM

Busy?? Hehe! Just a bit of addiction more like! I even have Apophysis installed on my work PC! I'm still very much fiddling with Apo - trying various settings and scripts - tweaking my little heart out... all the fun stuff... lol! It's the waiting for them all to render that's the real drag... hahahaha! I even have a separate machine doing nothing but rendering! T.

Who? Me?

sammi ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 9:19 AM

"Busy?? Hehe! Just a bit of addiction more like!" yes, i know that, i have tons of stuff to sort/upload too :) "I even have Apophysis installed on my work PC!" now that's keen :) i tried the apo upgrade, (version ending in an e i think) but that kept on crashing so i'm back to the old version and am running that from a linux platform using 'wine' --which is really great except that when it freezes/crashes it deletes the my flames flame file :( so i'm having to save everything by using the export flame option, which is a pain, and apo won't write to the my flames file anymore at all atm :( renderings not that much of a problem as i've got a pretty good processor but two machines would be excellent :)

Aznguy ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 4:15 PM

wow you have some nice flames...some of them would make nice brushes. What settings do you tweak? I'm just learning and only know the little basics

tdierikx ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 4:54 PM

Aznguy, Thank you for your nice comment on my work... There is a really great tutorial for Apophysis written by a fellow named Lance - it's the most well written and easy to follow tutorial for anyone learning Apo... you can get it at the following address... http://www.thefractalfarm.net/apotutorial/main/main.htm That should explain pretty much all you need to know so that you can enjoy Apophysis as much as I do... T.

Who? Me?

tdierikx ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 5:02 PM

Sammi, I have 4 PC's here in my little network at home... I'm a bit of a geek... lol! Are you on the Apophysis mailing list? Ronald Hordijk would be the man to ask about getting the newer versions to run under Wine - he's the man who is developing the betas. M Tarbet (datagram) is also a great guy to ask about this sort of thing - he's working on a version of Apophysis that should be truly cross-platform... he might know how to get the newer versions to run under Wine... (actually datagram would probably be the best one to ask...lol!) The latest beta version is "g" - you could give that a try under Wine and see if it works better than the "e" version... get it from the following address... http://sourceforge.net/projects/apophysis T.

Who? Me?

sammi ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 12:51 PM

hi, "Are you on the Apophysis mailing list?" i've re-subbed to the apo list just now as i'm getting a bit feddup of things not quite working under wine, it seems i can't do the export render where it exports with transparency either :(. i've had the e version but found it buggy- it kept on crashing because it couldn't find floating points and the like, not that i've a clue what that means :) is the g version any better ? anyway thanks, hope i can get it sorted, not being able to write to my flames flames file is a nuscience (sp ?) do you know how to make the rendered bmp files into an animtion ?, i can make them into a mpeg but that obviously stops once it's run through the 100 or so files and ideally a longer series would be better.

Aznguy ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 6:57 PM

I have a question, when i try to stop the default animation it ask me for sheep batch information...i liked where i stopped it but can't change it :'(

tdierikx ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 9:03 PM

sammi - I find that the "g" version works fine for me... I'm using Windows XP too by the way... as for not being able to write to your flame file, it's only text - you shouldn't really have much problem doing it... maybe post the question to the Apo mailing list - the gurus there will have an answer for sure... As for animating the bmp's - I convert them to gif's - then run them through Animation Shop (Jasc/Corel) via the Wizard... lol! Maybe you can tell your mpeg software to repeat the 100 frames in a loop? Aznguy - have you changed anything in your Sheep settings in the Apo options? or in the actual animation script? My Default Animation script reads as follows... -------------------------------------------------- { Rotates the reference triangle continuously } { Hit any key to stop } Flame.SampleDensity := 1; while not Stopped do begin RotateReference(3.6); Preview; end; -------------------------------------------------- Is yours the same? T.

Who? Me?

Aznguy ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 10:48 PM

yes mine is the same but it still ask for nick,url and password

tdierikx ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 2:45 AM

What have you got in the Sheep section of your Options? Mine is blank in the Nick and URL sections... T.

Who? Me?

Aznguy ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 10:57 AM

They are blank in all 3 sections

tdierikx ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 6:10 PM

Hmmmm... now I'm beat - I really don't know why it is asking you those questions.... sorry... T.

Who? Me?

Aznguy ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 6:18 PM

Thanks for your help anyway

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.