Thu, Sep 19, 10:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Infinite Terrain Altitudes?

lanaloe77 ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2005 at 9:06 PM ยท edited Thu, 16 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

There is a folder that comes with Vue5I that is called Infinite Terrain Altitudes. It has 3 selections in it that are used for procedural terrains. What are they for? When I try them they do nothing of interest. They are labeled Local Spikes, Simple Large Scale Fractal, and Variable Scale. I'm probably using them wrong. How are they suppose to be used?

dburdick ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2005 at 10:28 PM

Probably to be used as a filter for driving procedural terrains.

lanaloe77 ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2005 at 12:19 AM

I gather that but they don't work well or easily. Producing spikes is a given with the procedural terrains so why have a preset called Local Spikes? Does anyone use these presets with success?

Collateral_Damage ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2005 at 7:16 AM

They are just functions for generating procedural terrains. If you are having problems with spikes chances are it is a scaling issue. Here you go... LOCAL SPIKES LocalSpikesTest.jpg SIMPLE LARGE SCALE FRAC SimpleLargeScaleFractalTest.jpg VARIABLE SCALE VariableScaleTest.jpg

lanaloe77 ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2005 at 11:59 AM

Alright, thank you. Have you noticed that when scaling a procedural terrain by the corner handles that the height does not scale like a fractal terrain would? For a proc. terrain the numbers must be punched in for the terrain to scale correctly. What a strange occurence.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.