Mon, Oct 21, 11:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Entry for underwater challenge

ironbrew ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 9:50 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:37 PM

file_147491.jpg

Hi all,there is some really great entries for this challenge so far,very high standard which is great to see:) So here is my attempt, underwater scenes are not my strongpoint (more of a mechanical type guy as you can see from my gallery posts must be cos I,m an engineer to trade)but anyways here you go an be kind:)

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 10:07 AM

Incrediby original concept for an underwater scene Ironbrew , and extremely well executetd I might add. the light( sun) seems just a tad bright but other than that, it's an awesome entry Kudos to you Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

ironbrew ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 10:27 AM

Thanx for the kind words Hawkfyr,thought long and hard about my setting before I started as I figured the standard was so high I needed to do something original to try an stand out from the crowd:) might try that patch render option you mentioned in an earlier post to dull the sun (never even new it existed,thanx)as I dont fancy a full re-render,have a 1000 thunderbird an it still took 4 hours!

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 10:35 AM

Hi Ironbrew, You might wanna re think the patch renger when it come to lighting, after all , the sun is creating light in your environment, if you dim it and then do a patch , there will be a very noticable contrast between the existing sun and the patched area, The patch render is nice for changing elements that dont really effect the overall look of the image ( such as light) but it's great for re sizing and eliment, modifying a material or eliminating a bothersome eliment in your scene. Just wanted to give you the heads up on that so you can be prepared for that. you can always do a test to see though. The bubbles are a nice touch in this scene. very well done image Hawkfyr

jade_nyc ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 10:35 AM

I'm with Hawk Ironbrew - very original take on the theme - you and BT have good imaginations! Your ripples in the water are perfect - love your composition and POV! Great work! Jade

ironbrew ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 10:54 AM

Thanx jade:)I achieved the look by making a large cube and giving it a water texture,all the underwater objects are actually placed inside this cube including the camera as this is how it actually is in real life,never used a water plane at all.Think ill just leave it as it is then Hawk as getting the lighting right was the hardest part of the picture,actually needed four lights in the scene to get it right so better not muck around with them hehe.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 10:56 AM

yeah,..lol I'd say put a fork in it. It's done 8 )~ Hawkfyr

JVogel ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 4:46 PM

geez... i dont have the firt clue as to how to make an underwater scene... when i sink the camera its always really really dark =-)even with lots of transparency

RG ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 8:06 PM

great POV! glad to see the creativity

jade_nyc ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 8:31 PM

I had the same problems JVogel when I tried to use volume slabs for my water - everything was just too darn dark. I think the key is what ironbrew said you have to add lots of dim lights to bring out the detail of the objects but not too bright so that you still get that murky water effect. I ended up just using a water plane and playing with the sky. Someday I'll learn how to light things better and maybe I'll like using those volume slabs for water. Jade

KenS ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2001 at 2:44 AM

Beautiful image

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2001 at 12:06 AM

ahhhhhhh a new twist on an underwater image... kewl! my only nitpick is that I cant find anything to nitpick...lol BT

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.