Sat, Sep 21, 6:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Problem with INJ poses not loading

Wampyir ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:29 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:22 PM

Hi folks. I've been having a problem for a while with INJ morphs for the millenium figures. More often than not when I try to INJ all morphs, or even certain families, Poser 5 just hangs. I get the hour glass but nothing seems to happen, and I am waiting several minutes. Any idea as to what could be causing this? I"m running XP Service Pak 2, Poser 5.04.332, 1 gig of RAM, and all Virus checkers have been turned off. Any advice would be appreciated; thanks!

zulu9812 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:40 PM

Poser 6 seems even slower than Poser 5 when it comes to INJ poses :(

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:42 PM ยท edited Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:44 PM

Are the directories with the morph deltas (Runtimelibraries!DAZ...) in the main Runtime ?

For P5 you must copy them into the Runtime in the Poser directory (the main Runtime). I've found it's still a good idea to do this with P6.

Message edited on: 06/29/2005 18:44

zulu9812 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:46 PM

yep, i have an external m3 runtime but I did copy over the !INJ folders

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:37 PM

@zulu9812 Did you copy / move the !DAZ folder into the P6 Runtime. Although P6 will find the deltas in a linked P5 Runtime, it does improve performance if they're in the P6 Runtime.

zulu9812 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 11:15 PM

Yes

rreynolds ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 10:22 AM

Another possibility is not having a current Mil figure if you're trying to use M3 or V3, but that shouldn't cause Poser to freeze. It just won't work.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 4:20 PM

I was having the same problem. I finally just caved and decided to reformat my computer. Poser has been doing weird things on me lately. One day the INJ worked, then a few days later they didn't. I reinsalled the base figure and the head and body morphs, and then some INJ worked, and some didn't. Figured it was less headache to just reformat and reinstall everything than to figure out what Poser was up to.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Wampyir ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 11:55 AM

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I've found a workable solution, without reformatting my hard drive. To Acadia: OUCH! First, I created a second user on my computer, called Poser User, that I log in as whenever I want to use Poser. Second, I set McAffee Virus Scan to "disable" at boot up, so it doesn't take up memory. I launch Poser, which takes about a minute to boot. Then I exit Poser and launch it again. This time, Poser starts in about 15 seconds, because all the TSRs are in memory. Voila! No more loading problems. A bit of an inconvenience, I know, but one that I can live with. Hope this helps others as well.

Goldfire ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 6:22 PM

I'm having the same problem with the injects in p6. I used the morph/injects in p5 fine, but just started trying to use the mil figures in p6. With the Mil Figures I did a new install into the P6 folder. I created a seperate subfolder called v3m3 and did the re-install - thank god DAZ lets you reset downloads! After the m3 injects started hanging up, I thought there might be a problem with p5 still be installed, so I uninstalled it. Still no joy. So I uninstalled and reinsalled all the m3 content. But people are finding that they MUST go into the main runtime, is that correct? That sucks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.