Fri, Sep 20, 2:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Question about behaviors

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 10:26 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:31 AM

Hi all my friendssss, someone know if there is a way to convert behaviors in frames?! If not, i'll jump from the balcony (i'm on the first floor, nothing serious) -TOXE

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 5:04 PM

Enjoy the plunge... :( Mark

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 5:07 PM

Actually, you may be able to modify the behaviours over time to acheive the effect you're after. What are you trying to do?

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 7:10 PM

Behavior? Do you mean modifier? What specifically are you trying to do?

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 12:42 AM

Have you tried substituting a different model at that frame with a different behavior? Or is that not possible? Or is it possible to assign a model a new behavior at a new frame?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

TOXE ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 1:51 AM

file_268191.jpg

I need to convert in frames a spin behavior, because i need a soft transition from a movement to another. Mark, i've tried to modify the behavior over time but i can't reach the desired thing. Shonner, your idea can be good, but maybe you can have the same effect using a discrete tweener. Nicholas, i need to rotate a kind of wheel on his axis while it rotate in other directions. Mmmm, i love the challenges, but this simply thing seems impossible for now with carrara. Thanks -TOXE

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 2:45 AM · edited Tue, 12 July 2005 at 2:47 AM

Is the movement similar to that wormhole generator in the movie Contact? Where you have the rotation of one object's spinning axis influenced by the ratation of another object's spinning axis?

Message edited on: 07/12/2005 02:47

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

falconperigot ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 2:45 AM

Hi TOXE :) Apply the one spin to the object and save the car file, then Import that file into another document where you apply the second spin to the group. Cheers, Mark

falconperigot ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 2:51 AM

file_268192.jpg

The animation.

TOXE ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 3:18 AM

Have you discovered this trick for this thread or before? THANKS my friend!! You've saved me from the balcony:-) -TOXE

TOXE ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 3:34 AM

file_268193.jpg

Hi all again, Mark, when you import the file, carrara create a group, i've tried and you can reach the same result grouping an object, you can group it all the time you want and you can apply a different behavior to every group. Also, you can set a different hot point for every group. Coool!! If someone is interested here is the file, change the extension to .car -TOXE

TOXE ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 3:46 AM

file_268194.jpg

Another funny thing... -TOXE

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 6:50 AM

Multiple grouping and behaviours is very cool. BTW, you can apply multiple deformers to single object groups the same way and get some remarkable results. Mark

falconperigot ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 8:11 AM

Hi TOXE, I'm glad you are saved from the balcony. :) I hadn't used this method before - just thought it might work. And after posting I thought it should work for any groups but couldn't try it becuse the electricity has been off all morning. :( Now I'm going to look at your files. Thanks for posting. Cheers, Mark

TOXE ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 9:18 AM

file_268196.jpg

Really nice, no frames in the animation:-) -TOXE

TOXE ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 9:19 AM

file_268198.jpg

And the file... -TOXE

falconperigot ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 9:53 AM

Ha ha, very good TOXE!

Kixum ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 2:12 PM

I use multiple behaviors stacked/applied to groups all the time. It's especially useful for coordinate transformations as well. For example, if you want to make a fan with a bunch blades all canted at a specific angle, you can; 1.) Make the blade. 2.) Orient it at the canted angle. 3.) Group it which resets the coordinates with a frame of reference with no rotation. 4.) Move the hotpoint to the base of the fan blade. 5.) Rotate the fan blade the number of degrees equal to 360 divided by the number of fan blades. 6.) Duplicate until you have what you want. Grouping and modifying can save LOTS of time! -Kix

-Kix

sfdex ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 11:57 AM

Attached Link: http://www.dexfx.com/Effects.htm

I've also used the grouping behaviors before -- my flying saucers attacking San Francisco (see the link) have some side to side motion (yaw, I guess). Then, I group the flying saucer, move its hotpoint WAY off center of the object, then rotate the group to get the nice circular flight path. Very useful technique that I think I read about first here in 'rosity way back when Clint was the RDS moderator. - Dex

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2005 at 7:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1534889

Remember this? http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1534889

TOXE ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2005 at 3:00 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1095787

Really nice and useful Nicholas! Now i remember:-) Someone remember also this? -TOXE

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.