Tue, Oct 22, 3:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Salt

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 1:44 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:41 AM

few quick notes: 1 - This word is now my bookmark for the Renderosity Forums. 2 - This word joins "looking up your nose" as a bannable offense. 3 - Giggle

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 2:20 PM

I don't use salt as much as I used to.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 3:14 PM

I believe the term "dufflebag" is also verboten.

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 4:33 PM

I never add table salt to my food anymore try reading the labels of some foods for sodium content its quite alot in many foods. .......oh yeah Cr2, joint parameter, IK , poser

My website

YouTube Channel

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 6:05 PM · edited Fri, 05 August 2005 at 6:05 PM

Salt is bad for you...haven't had salt in my house for 20 years :) I should add as a condiment or to cook with.

Message edited on: 08/05/2005 18:05

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 9:10 PM

Has anyone else hit a lot of birds in the last two weeks? Just checking.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 9:54 PM

Soy Sauce ROCKS!! Salt?? Sea Salt only in my house besides the Soy Sauce. Pepper, you know that black pepper is known to have carcinogens? It has been shown to cause cancer but then again every thing causes cancer these days. Ground Red Pepper, also known as Ground Chili Peppers. Known to be good for the immune system!! Tastes better too. Try it out! Richard ;-)~

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 9:57 PM

Sea Salt? That's ok for occasional use, but you really should use iodized salt because of the iodine which you need for a healthy functioning thyroid gland.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 10:17 PM

Actually I don't really salt my foods much at all. I love it but it's not good for anyone in as high a dosage that most Americans use. I'm more of a sugar freak and that's not good either. No, I'm the kind of guy when I go out to eat I ask for NO additional salt to be added to my food. If they ask why I simply say "isn't that what the salt shaker is for?" I've gotten food so badly, overly salted that I have sent it back and actually got the chef to come out and ask why I think his food was too salty. I said that if I wanted my food that salty I would use the salt shaker, it's too salty fix it or I'm out of here. He fixed it! What an ass!! Didn't go back there either!! Cayenne Pepper is the other Red Pepper I was thinking of. It's used in many a medicinal formula to heat the digestive track for better absorption of nutrients and it's very good for gassy folks. Warm those tummies up folks!! Drinking cold drinks and even flavoured drinks with food is not good either. Water only and no ice will help with digestion!! Living with HIV for 20 years teaches you what you should and should not do. I don't always follow my own advice but I know better when I'm indulging in what ever, potato chips from Trader Joe's are awesome, their Fine Herbs and Goat Cheese potato chips are the best yet. Low in sodium but not if you eat the entire bag..... Ooooops!! ;-) Yea, they are that good! All the best Richard ;-)~

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 10:47 PM

I never use salt as a table condiment but add a little if I'm cooking rice, pasta or potatoes. Interesting fact: If you're dehydrated, eat a teaspoon of salt before you drink water. It will boost your cellular uptake of water. Salt ain't the evil it's made out to be; it's the excessive use of it which is bad, as RAMWolff said. Oh yeah, you can make a reasonable salt crystal from the Poser Box. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 11:28 PM

Like origami??

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 11:35 PM

I love salt. And I crave it. But I've forced myself to consume far less of it than I used to in the past. One thing that I've noticed: since cutting way back on salt intake, I am far more sensitive to the taste of it than I used to be. A small amount can now do the same thing that 7 or 8 passes with the shaker used to do.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 12:52 AM

"Like origami??" Funny, I never considered Origami to be evil but maybe you're on to something there. Those Italian herbs can be real sneaky. ;)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 3:45 AM

Why not "sugar"? More sweeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttt... :D

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 4:01 AM

I have high blood pressure and tend to retain excess fluid so I tend to stick to a low sodium diet. However, there are times when I'm nauseated and I know that for me that is an indication that my body is low on sodium. I keep potato chips on hand for such times. I do salt the water for rice, potatoes and pasta. I have to have salt on those things too. Otherwise I just use no salt added Citrus Pepper.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 4:39 AM

Citrus pepper is great! And salt is ...what? I like salt on my fries, but other than that, we don't use it here at all. I would never add salt to rice or pasta or potatoes. My mom thinks our food is bland because of the lack of salt, so she sprinkles it with salt whenever she's visiting. And as its been said; That is what the salt shaker is for anyway! There's nothing worse than overly salted food! Of course, a certain amount of salt IS necessary for the body to function properly, but not in the amounts it's usually eaten. And now, I'll say with Albus Dumbledore: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! (and another, more important Dumbledore quote: "I trust Severus Snape completely!")

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 4:52 AM

(Who is Severus Snape?) (In Google I found a fellow with a seemless with Allan Ricksomething...) :P

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 10:16 AM

I eat sooo much salt my poo is white...lol

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 10:18 AM

...giggles some more... Thanks guys. :D

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 3:46 PM

ah, don't give it away, Ernyoka1, let them be shocked and saddened after they finish the book..;) I thought the password was really
swordfish..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

an0malaus ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2005 at 2:02 PM

Ah, seasoning! Funny I assumed it was a sardonic acronym along the lines of Same As Last Time, having seen it's amusingly laconic use in the interminable slagfest and critic symposium threads that litter these forums, LOL. ;-) GeoffIX

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.