Sat, Sep 21, 2:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Introducing... Fractal of the Month!

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 10:20 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 1:04 PM

Hi everybody!

We're happy to announce a new feature: Fractal of the Month!

How will it work?

Based on the images in the Fractal Window Weekly, members will be able to vote for their favourite fractal.

Voting will commence by the 30th of each month, with all previous FWWs within that month being included. Voting will be conducted by private IM to either DreamWarrior, or vclaszlo.

The vote will be announced in the Fractal Forum, with links to the FWWs eligible, and a contact link to the collector of votes (DreamWarrior or vclaszlo). Voting will end approximately one week from the time the vote is announced.

The winner will hold the Featured Fractal spot in the Community page for the next month.

Ultimately, there will be a...

Fractal of the Year!

Based on the images chosen for Fractal of the Month.
Voting will commence by Dec 30th of each year, with all previous FOMs within that year being included. Voting will be conducted in the same manner as the Fractal of the Month.

The winner will have a full page dedication, showcasing their winning image, and a chance to tell something about theirselves and their work.

Now we have some use for that "Featured Fractal" spot on the community page :)))

Since we already had many FWWs, we won't be able to feature winners of past FWWs in the "featured fractal" spot, but we want past images in the FWW to be eligible for Fractal of the Year too, so we would like to start the voting for the first month in which the FWW took place, March.

(hmm... clear as mud, huh?)

Meaning...
Starting now and ending next Friday (August 19), I'll be collecting votes for the March Fractal of the Month. Images eligible for voting are the ones included in all March FWWs.

Send me (DreamWarrior, NOT vclaszlo, please) an IM with the title "March Fractal of the Month vote", including the title and Renderosity member name of the chosen image.
In case of a tie, I will present you the images for a further round of votes.

There will be a Fractal of the Month archive page in which we will show FOM winner images.

These are the FWWs you need to see in order to chose your favourite and vote:

March 01-09
March 10-13
March 14-20
March 21-27

We sincerely hope you will join the fun!
Have a great weekend!

Barb and Nick

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

ufrey ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 3:11 AM

What a great idea!! I like this feature and so I've just send you my vote :-). Thanks to you both for your incredible work for our community. Ulrike

stevi0d ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 6:58 AM

Wow! creating even more work for yourselves! Seriously, the effort you guys put into the community is admirable. Stephen

tresamie ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 11:54 AM

I'm seeing a lot of little red X's. Should I wait for these images to come back, or have they been deleted by the artists? I don't want to miss considering someone's work.

Fractals will always amaze me!

fractalinda ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 12:02 PM

Super idea, Barb & Nick! Thank you again for all that you do!

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 2:19 PM

Thank you! :) Great to know you like the idea! About images not loading: there are several members that might have deleted their pics. Even when we advised against it in the Gallery Guidelines, some still do it. We cannot do anything about this, it's the member's choice. So, sadly, those will be out of the vote :( Speaking of Gallery Guidelines, the FOM and FOY info is there now, in case you want to find it quickly in the future (the gallery guidelines are a link in the Gallery header). You are welcome to spread the word to those that don't visit the forum very often :) Cheers! Barb

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

darkchrystal ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 5:14 PM

Hmm.. thought sending the http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=****** would be enough to send in IM? Those are unique numbers :-D correct? Yeah too bad that those pictures are deleted, some seem to make making more than 1 image every day or is not satisfied with the one he/she uploaded in the first place. Maybe a free year subscription for the FOM would be a nice gesture? Have a nice weekend, Harmen

Fractelaar ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2005 at 2:20 AM

I am not positive for that idea "Fractal of the Month" and artist of the year Think that you ask only for more trouble and jealousy As we all togehter not can handle a normal hotlist and as i see comments how some people feel the "Weekly Gallery" as a sort of fractal thing,then maybe you can think a while over the idea Next reason is that you can already full in the artist name without voting :-) However wish you much succes in a new story and hope that my opinion is complete wrong Ciao Arend

kansas ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2005 at 4:56 PM

Barb and Nick, I have really enjoyed the Fractal Window Weekly and the Fractal Vintage Showcase. However, I am not in favor of voting for a Fractal of the Month based SOLELY on the fractal selections you two have chosen for the FWW. I have plodded through the archives a couple times and I would have made a number of different selections than the ones you chose. This is truly not representative of all the fractals posted in this given period of time. Therefore, I will not be voting. Marion

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.