Tue, Oct 22, 6:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Anyone checked out the new CP char Miki?

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 10:44 AM

I was thinking more deflate...lol Sure there will be someone doing morps soon. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 10:46 AM

That faceroom update doesn't work. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 10:47 AM

Thank you thank you thank you for the templates!!!!! Marque

TamiL ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 11:14 AM

there is a face room module over at CP in the new item or free stuff section quote "This free update for Poser 6 adds Faceroom functionality for Miki to Poser 6. This update is offered seperately due to the file size. " BUT It doesn't work at all!!

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 11:22 AM

Right. They should have checked it before they released it..lol But since it's free guess I can't complain too much, although that was one of the things that influenced me to get it....bad bad CP!!! Marque

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 11:39 AM

Marque, ooops, sorry about the lack of nudity flag on those bald tires! ;) And thanks for fielding all of these questions while I slumbered. Making texture templates in UVMapper isn't too difficult at all. I use the available textures as reference for deciding which groups belong on which template and show/hide them as needed. Would have done it myself but too busy playing with Miki and considering some non-playing heavy stuff related to my plugin development. Yeah, the Faceroom module doesn't work. After doing the SR-1 and Content updates, I decided to reinstall the module and still no go. Ignored the 'warnings' and tried anyway, but the results were James head not well attached to Miki... :) Miki definitely needs much support - textures, morphs, JPs (maybe someone can re-joint her before all of the content hits). But, such a high-density Japanese figure is a must, at least for me. As marque has stated, I too already have plans, evil plans.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 11:41 AM

Hrmmmmm, evil plans....lol Well I went ahead and got her and the other one as well, hoping someone will make them mimic compatible before too long. Marque

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 11:42 AM

I like her! She is very "real" looking, and has great potential. Bravo!!

Merlin ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 11:51 AM

Yes, indeed, a very nice character... Can't wait to see the face room work... lol

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 11:53 AM

file_284953.jpg

Ya gotta admit, she sure is cute and she posts up nice ;o). I used the randomizer script for the smile and overlayed a texture I'm working on over the face map, but only slightly. She does have potential and she's truly oriental looking. Now, if they would release a truly african looking character, I'd buy that too ;o). Laurie

PsychoNaut ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 12:06 PM

"MARQUE: How did you get such great looking skin" I have to credit face_off's real skin shader. Just added the Miki material zones. No displacement used though. But I really love this model. ASIAN WOMEN ARE BEAUTIFUL!! :) "SHEDOFJOY: ...do the knees and elbows bend any better???? Are there body morphs? many questions, any answers? ..." Here's what I've found so far: knees / joints are as "bad" as all the other poser figures I've used. No body morphs aside from some scaling and breast position morphs located in the chest. I found the expression morphs to be quite superb. The Jessie textures do not load properly on this model, and so far it works better with Stephanie Petite poses than with others! Ha! I really like this model. Think I'll make some morphs, but it will be a while. Probably this weekend. If I can put them in the free-stuff area, I wonder if CP / E-frontier would allow that? LOL @ kuroyume0161 - I think we have similar ambitions for this model :)

TamiL ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 12:30 PM

file_284954.jpg

She is quite cute, here is a pic of how she really feels about the face room not working! Sorry didn't fix the hair over the ear yet.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 12:33 PM

I hope this is the beginning of a trend. While other figures have ethnic morphs, they don't produce results that are realistic. I purchased Miki, but I would also just as quickly purchase Native American, African, and Hispanic figures as well. The first thing I did was add the Real Skin Shader mods (just add "Head" and "Body" to the texture ID's). I have a render in progress and will post shortly.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 12:35 PM

Actually, the face room morphs work, only the photo fit area doesn't work yet.

TamiL ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 12:36 PM

Thats what I did, just hack the python a bit to get it to work!

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 12:46 PM

How do you add head and body to the texture ID's? Sorry, I'm python deficient...LOL. Can you do it with the millenium real skin shader script or do you have the have the first skin shader script face-off put out? Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 12:46 PM

I only have the Unimesh realism kit BTW. Laurie

Kiera ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 12:51 PM

file_284955.jpg

It's nice to see that she can smile. :) I can't believe how tiny she is compared to Vicki 3. I really like petite figures, though, and lately I've been jonesing for more variety. She's cute. I'll definitely use her. I like the fact that she has morphs designed to help account for gravity. She has a great face. Anton's Apollo figure has convinced me that it is possible to get extremely decent joint bends in Poser. I'd like to see figure creators spend a lot more time on superior rigging. That's the only real flaw I see with most figures these days.. they all offer so much variety in terms of morphing, character creation, etc. With Wardrobe Wizard it's not totally necessary to have massive clothing support for a more niche figure as long as PhilC and Kamilche (sp?) decide to add support for it. And even the most rudimentary of skin textures can be greatly augmented in the materials room using faked subsurface scattering, additional dirt/noise, displacement, etc.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:01 PM

"I can't believe how tiny she is compared to Vicki 3" That's no real surprise. Vicky is an amazon! If she was to be compared to a real female she'd be well over 6 feet tall...LOL. Laurie

clsteve ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.contentparadise.com/user/help.php?section=contactus&mode=update

Hello all,

I just want to address a few things:

Miki is a non Jessi related mesh created by a completely different entity.

Free Stuff- yes please! If you have anything you'd like to put up for free on CP, send and inquiry through the CP contact form and we'll tell you how to get that going.

Add ons- we are be doing some, for example a Hi-res mesh for TY that will be a free download. Some morphs and poses for Miki,also a free download.

Face room- this is probably an installer issue. Or a P5 issue. Please contact tech supp with details.

Thanks again,
Steve

Merlin ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:31 PM

Well certainly not a P5 issue here... Just a question though : does ANYONE got Miki work in the face room ? If not, it would be most likely a bug...

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:45 PM

She loads into the face room just fine for me (in P6). The face room morphs work just fine, including the "Randomize Face" button. Pictures load in OK, and the green feature points appear to show up in the right places. But the red facial outline is all scrambled. So, what it boils down to is that Miki will accept face MORPHS in P6, but right now the face TEXTURE part doesn't appear to be working correctly.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:51 PM

file_284956.jpg

Here's a screen shot for CL's benefit (reduced to 800x600 so hopefully not a lot of scrolling will have to be done)

PsychoNaut ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 2:11 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_284957.jpg

Get me some clothes PsychoNaut, or esle...

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 2:13 PM · edited Thu, 18 August 2005 at 2:14 PM

Gorgeous render! What have you done to the eyes to get the reflections? PS ... There are some clothes for her in the Props library.

Message edited on: 08/18/2005 14:14

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 2:14 PM

Seems that only Deecey has had luck with the FaceRoom. :) Deecey, any clues to what might be a difference that allows yours to work? Poser 6 here (tried in both 6.0.0 and 6.0.1), Windows XP Pro SP2. Should add that I have Poser 4/PP/5/6 all installed (hey, I do lotsa testing!).

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 2:18 PM

Hmmm ... good question, kuroyume ... I'm running P6 on my laptop (a Dell Inspiron 5100, with its built-in video drivers). 2.4 gig processor with 512 MB of RAM, and the built-in video card. I'll touch base with CL/EF and see if we can figure out why I can get it and others can't.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 2:31 PM

AH ... just in case this makes a differente. I didn't install it direct from Content Paradise. I saved the files to my hard drive and then ran the installers. I also installed it to the Downloads folder, and not the root Poser 6 runtime. Have to run!

PsychoNaut ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 2:32 PM

file_284958.jpg

Hi Deecey

I used the eye texture from 3dStrike's "Sophie" package and blended it with the texture that comes with Miki.

I added a default "anistropic" node to the materials in the material room. To "Eyetrans", "Eye", "Iris" Also to the "eyesocket" material, but I don't know if that did anything. Don't really know what I'm doing :) Here are screenshots, some pretty horrible JPEG compression here:

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 2:49 PM · edited Thu, 18 August 2005 at 2:54 PM

*I didn't install it direct from Content Paradise. I saved the files to my hard drive and then ran the installers.

I also installed it to the Downloads folder, and not the root Poser 6 runtime.*

I too downloaded, saved, and ran the installer from my hard drive.

But, I installed to the Poser 6 Runtime. Interesting that installing to Downloads makes a difference. About to try that out.

Also, note that I just up-upgraded from, hmmm, SR1 to SR1 (?). The version that I had was 6.0.1.71, but there is a newer SR1, 6.0.1.75. SR1a, perhaps, for future naming preferences... :)

ETA: No luck installing into Downloads. Can I assume that you also installed Miki into Downloads also? Message edited on: 08/18/2005 14:54

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 2:58 PM

I got mine from Digital River and it was a Zip, no installer. I can not get any of the Face Morphs to work.

ratscloset
aka John

Kiera ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 3:02 PM

Yeah, no go on the Face Room for me, either. I ran the installer, installed it to the copy of P6 it found, and when I go to the face room it says it doesn't recognize the figure as face room compatible.

TamiL ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 3:13 PM

Having the same problem here, I get a message about how this figure is not a known face room figure. Am running Poser 6 SR1 on Windows XP Pro SP1 (yes not SP2, I like to be able to use my computer!!!)

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 3:26 PM

I can't get it to work (face room) no matter what I do. I'm running SR1 too. IS there an SP2?? Laurie

TamiL ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 3:28 PM

For Windows,yes!

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 4:07 PM

Then I'm missing it when I go to Curious Labs and look in the updates...LOL. Laurie

Kaine ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 4:12 PM

Aehm Lauri the SP2 is for Windows XP :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 4:12 PM

file_284959.jpg

BTW, this is all I get when I go to look for updates for Poser 6... Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 4:13 PM

And I am running WinXP... Laurie

Merlin ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 4:15 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_284960.jpg

Still no working face room... but trying some lights, and Jessi's poses. And even with the face problems i'm really happy with my purchase

TamiL ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 4:38 PM

Sorry to confuse you Laurie. SP2 is Windows XP not Poser!

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 5:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2335099

Link is to an earlier discussion of Miki (when she was released in Japan last month).

I'm kind of surprised to hear Miki and Koji are not based off Jessi and James. Miki's arms, and unusually large hands and feet, look a lot like Jessi's to me.

FWIW, YTetsu says that Miki and Koji have James' UVs. I think he said he used James' genital morph on Koji as well.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 5:40 PM

BTW...any word on when Koji will be available?

Merlin ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 5:43 PM

Considering the close release dates of Terai Yuki and Miki, i guess they'll let our purses catch their breath before making them provide a new effort ;)

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 5:51 PM

Purses, wallets? Everytime I make a purchase, it's through a Bank loan officer! How many second mortgages are you allowed, anyway? :)

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 5:59 PM

I'm hoping Koji comes out soon. If he comes out while Miki is still on sale, I'll 'em both at the same time, and use my 10% off coupon. :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 6:56 PM

TamiL: Ah! I get it now (dense...LOL). I have that too tho. So I'm not sure why she won't work. Laurie

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 7:19 PM

just to say, if people are worried about morphs and add-ons, she seems to already have some support in the japanese community.i've downloaded at least one item for her from poserclub, i believe, and there are lots of renders with her in their gallery if you want to preview. yeah, i like the shape of her torso and all, but she has jessi's short upper arms. i find it hard to believe she's a completely independent character, especially when previous discussions regarding her and koji explicitly stated they were derivatives. but those may just have been rumors.

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 7:25 PM

Attached Link: http://admin.e-frontier.com/article/articlepreview/1502/

file_284962.jpg

For folks who are still getting warnings from the P6 Face Room when they try bringing Miki in, even after installing both her and the Face Room update, I've posted this FAQ- --------- The new Miki figure is supported in the Poser 6 Face Room with the exception of the Photo Lineup feature, but she does require a special update to the Face Room files in order for her head to be recognized by Poser 6. Before proceeding, be sure that the following conditions have been met- 1. Poser 6 has been properly installed and serialized. This is essential; without a properly-installed legitimate copy of Poser 6, we can't guarantee anything. 2. The Miki Face Room updater has been run. On Windows, this is the InstalMikiHeadData EXE file; on OS X it's the installer application in the MikiHeadData disk image. 3. The Miki figure has been properly installed. If all of these conditions are met and you're still getting warnings when you take Miki into the Face Room, download the attached text document and open it in a text editor, which you'll also use to edit the knownFaceRoomHeads.xml document that you'll find in the Poser 6/Runtime/heads folder. Follow the instructions in the first paragraph of that text document. This should allow Miki to be recognized by the Poser 6 Face Room. --------- The referenced text file is attached as well, so you can download it, fire up a text editor and go. I hope this helps! Regards, e frontier Tech Support

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 7:34 PM

Here in the bent-knee-pose image further back in this thread her knee looks just like all the Jessi renders I've seen in the gallery so I can see how she may look related.

What I'd realy like to see is the modeler that created her credited. Great figure modeling work like her is hard work. The person who made her deserves some credit for it. :)

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.