Thu, Sep 19, 5:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: BVH - MoCaps - Bips Products

Paoli ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 9:08 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:06 PM

I wanted to know what kind of BVH file or MoCaps would you like to see in the Market. Go nuts with your ideas, if you ever wanted to have an especific Mocap tell what would it be. As a Brainstorming activity write what ever comes to your mind. Thanks

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 12:32 AM

Dance motions are always popular (for me, at least). And anything involving intricate multi-character interaction.

Fulvio ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 1:48 AM

Fighting sequences ( martials arts, Matrix style for example ) Normal behaviour ( take a glass and drink, take a book and open it, turn pages, open a door, sit on a chair, "inconscious" movement that we have when we have a conversation, etc. ): because they're normal and common actions, people have a particular knowledge of them, i.e.: a non-fluid movement/timing is easily noticed. A question: what is the application/system that you use to make the BVH - MoCaps? I'm trying VisualMarker but it requires a quite amount of job to follow manually the marker on the character's body ( and I still have to see the result i.e. the quality of BVH generated ) Best regards Fulvio

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 1:51 AM

Climbing a ladder (up and down). Walking up/down stairs.

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playingย "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

zulu9812 ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 3:22 AM

Just to add to what I posted in your previous thread, I would prefer animations which only related to single figures (rather than the complex multi-character interactions mentioned above). Some motions for non-human, but still humanoid, figures. E.g. the Daz Troll doing a running (on the spot) headbutt, or raising his two fists above his head and then bringing them together as he pounds the ground - that sort of thing. But military, weaponised, looping animations would be ideal. Additionally, is it possible to have partial motions that only affect some body parts?

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 7:41 AM

Kinds of motions....(cracks knuckles) 1) Wirework. (the 'jump 20 feet' kind of action) 2) Low gravity or freefall. 3) Idle actions; bouncing a leg, kicking a foot, drumming the fingers, shifting weight in a long duration stand, things of that nature. 4) Kata work. Not just sword or open hand; staff work would be an excellent one, for example. And more than one form. Tai Chi excercises, for example. 5) Prop specific motions. For example, approaching and mounting a motorcycle. Or the DAZ skybike. Or getting into the seats in Davo's SFCS.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 8:13 AM

Motions for getting in and out of a car would be good.

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 10:32 AM

Attached Link: Kata, space dive,hail cab

>>"1) Wirework. (the 'jump 20 feet' kind of action) 2) Low gravity or freefall. 3) Idle actions; bouncing a leg, kicking a foot, drumming the fingers, shifting weight in a long duration stand, things of that nature. 4) Kata work. Not just sword or open hand; staff work would be an excellent one, for example. And more than one form. Tai Chi excercises, for example."<< -------------------------------------------------------------- something like this perhaps :-)

My website

YouTube Channel

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 12:14 PM

BVH - MoCaps - Bips Products When you say, "Bips", are you just refering to bipeds humans in general, or do you specifically do motions for CharacterStudio Biped? I'd like to see more .bip motion files available at a reasonable price, rather than BVH.

Tools : ย 3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 3:26 PM

additionally, if your target is poser users you should consider animate pose files as opposed to BVH I am the sole MAC beta tester for an incredible new python script from Kamilche & PhilC Called "puppetmaster" it copies poses ( still & animated) from one poser figure to another accross ALL four generations of poser figures from Dork& possette up to the DAZ troll and V3/M3. it is a boon for use animators.

My website

YouTube Channel

krimpr ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 5:16 PM

Ah. That's great Wolf. The last thing I needed was to need something else. What I really need is to stop hearing about neat stuff. No doubt I will need this for my new system which, of course I needed.

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 5:26 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: puppetmaster

its a great new tool like wardobe wizard heres the thread at DAZ if you care to read it

My website

YouTube Channel

krimpr ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 5:44 PM

Cool; thanks for the link. I'll go check it out.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 6:05 PM

BVH files can be converted to poser animations and then used with puppet master.

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 7:20 PM

Nice work, Wolf! And excellent taste in music; Loreena McKennitt is excellent animating music. Have you ever listened to Lesiem? Combine Gregorian chants with modern techno new age. Definite aural stories in most songs... Can't wait for Puppet Master to make an appearance. WW has really breathed life into a lot of good (but unsupported) meshes; this will really enhance the animation ease. Now if we can only get a texture converter of the UTC quality that hits the distaff figures, we'd really be cooking with gas!

Paoli ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 9:35 PM

Many thanks to all, We will consider all of your great ideas At the moment we are setting up the Studio and pondering good and new ideas about Mocaps. I'll be back shortly with more news about it. Keep the ideas coming!

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 9:41 PM

People punching and being punched, sword fighting, using a bow and arrow.

Paoli ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 10:07 PM

There's a new series of fighting animations coming up from us! We are creating New poses and sequences and in different scenarios.

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2005 at 4:40 AM

Thanks DaleB !!! I'll check out Lesiem Sounds like it may be my kind of mood music :-)

My website

YouTube Channel

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2005 at 12:09 AM

" I wanted to know what kind of BVH file or MoCaps would you like to see in the Market." Not to rain on your parade, since BVH files in general, and good BVH files specifically, are hard to find, especially for Poser, but this should have been posted in the Product Showcase Forum, since it a solicitation for ideas for future commercial products.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2005 at 7:51 AM

"Future" Commercial products are speculative and Dont yet exist and may never materialize. the product showcase forum is for direct advertising for existing products even those that are in store testing pending release. I see no problem with people soliciting opinions from poser users about what they want not much different from the poser5-6-7 "wishlist" threads

My website

YouTube Channel

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2005 at 11:10 PM ยท edited Sat, 27 August 2005 at 11:12 PM

My requests assume you can do some finely controlled finger work. I'm not sure if this is so, if not, just ignore those. Like you requested, I'm brainstorming and asking for everything I'd actually like; I realize that this would be tons of work if not impossible. I hope there are ideas in here you can use.

Real Life Moves

• Walks: Casual, Hurried, Catwalk, Stumbling, Dainty, Cautious, March, Goosestep, Zombie, Limping
  • Runs & Jogs: Sprint, Stride, Long Distance Jog, Running Scared, Run & Trip, Run & Fall, Catching Up, Limping
  • Interactions General: Pick up off/place on ground, Pick up off/place on surface, Put in/take out of drawer, Lie down naturally, Sit down curled up, Sit down legs crossed, Get up from lying down, Get out of chair, Get out of recliner, Lift and Hold (grocery bag, children, anything to wrap arms around), Drag, Push, Examine object
  • Interactions People: Cuddle (child, baby), Greet and kiss, Shake hands, Lift into classic carry (knees over one arm, back against the other, arms around the neck), Pull by arm into run, Run holding hands, Walk holding hands, Walk with arms linked
  • Interactions Office: Write, Type, Push chair away from desk, Pull chair up to desk, Spin in desk chair, Slouch, stretch shift in chair,
  • Clothing (Dress & Undress): Coat/Jacket, Buttoned top, Zippered top, Buttoned pants, Zippered pants, Short/No-sleeved Top, Stockings, Shoes (done with hands), Shoes (push off w/ feet).

Fighting and Combat moves

• Hand to Hand: Boxing, Capoeira (traditional Angola), Savate, Muy Thai, and
  • Blades & Staffs: Escrima, Kendo, Fencing, Naginata, Buki Jutsu and fighting with short and long swords (spada and spada longa).
  • Archery (from rest to rest again): Medieval Longbow, Kyudo, Medieval Crossbow, and Modern Compound bow.
  • Guns (from rest/holstered to rest again): Hand gun moves, hunting, sniping and combat rifle moves, automatic weapon combat moves.

In terms of the style of all these movements, I'm thinking highly realistic, with attention to detail. Personally, I'm not at all interested in Matrix style moves, which I found incredibly fake. I'm not even thinking Hong Kong cinema style martial arts, but actual realistic fighting moves with attention to footwork, head and waist movement and with defensive moves, counter punching and feints given as much importance as offensive moves. In general, I'd love to have lots of single moves so they can be combined to create action sets. Also, it'd be good to have variations on a theme (multiple casual walks, multiple jabs, etc.) and mirroring (right jab, write with left hand, etc.). Message edited on: 08/27/2005 23:12

Paoli ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 7:06 PM

Wow people! We really appreciate all your ideas and we will consider all of them. At the moment, we are developing your ideas and our own as well. All your ideas are doable, and because we want to produce quality products, your suggestion are important. Thanks everybody for the detailed list. The thread is still open, Keep the ideas coming!

R_Hatch ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 1:51 AM

My problem isn't threads like this. If there was a way to ensure that only threads such as this (someone researching what is needed in order to provide a truly useful product), there would be no problem. The problem is when "userLOL999" decides that it's ok to post WIP images of their utter crap newest V3 texture collection, probably with each texture variation (ooh, look, someone learned about the super-duper top-secret BUCKET FILL tool in Photoshop) in its own thread. Obviously, the moderators feel differently, or the thread would have been moved. I was really thinking of the developers forum (it was designed for threads like this one), but I checked it out before posting, and it is DEAD, so I didn't think it would be a good idea to point anyone there.

joemccarron ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 9:45 AM

Would like more smoking movements: Smoking and puting out in ashtray, Putting cigarette on ground walk up and stepping on it, Smoking and knocking ash off. Also a run with sort of short steps like a woman chasing a small child. Would also like specific dances. Salsa, Cha Cha, Waltz etc. thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.