Tue, Oct 1, 5:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: How do you create to create specific morph to mimic unzipping and vice versa

DIMENSION_X ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 12:19 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 9:46 AM

Is there a tutorial or link on how to create specific morphs to mimic opening and closing of zips, buttons and etc

bjbrown ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 12:41 PM

It really wouldn't be different than any other morph. You may, however, be limited by the clothing with which you are starting. Your mesh has to allow for a split down the zipping/unzipping area.

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 1:44 PM

I would love to know how to open existing clothes... grouping and splitting and rewelding seems to mess everything up. As for the advise above, it can work but I find morphs get wonky in transitional points if they involve the translation off the xyz axi. Obviously rotation is a problem.

nomuse ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 2:22 PM

That's the downside of morphs; a morph will always translate each vertice involved in a straight line from where it was to where it wants to be now. So drawing a bow works well in a morph, but spinning the cylinder on a revolver does not. Since few garments are modelled with an actual split in the front, you are going to need to change the base mesh before creating the zipper morphs. And that means you will lose any existing morphs (body shaping, breast size, et al). I have a feeling, depending on what kind of garment you are doing and what the intended effect is, you are going to end up with a number of different morphs to follow a whole zipper down.

Letterworks ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 3:01 PM

file_296134.jpg

THe problem is that if clothing isn't set up for unzipping morphs in the begining it's really hard to "retrofit" it. Splitting the area to open changes the number of vertices and that make s the morph un-usable, without re-doing the original. For the jeans in the above picture I started backwards. When I first modeled them I did it with the zipper open. I then modified a copy of the model with the zipper closed, then I "poserized" the closed mesh and used the original open mesh as the morph. mike

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 3:11 PM

My problem is that when I made a new hip part by splitting the old hip into two pieces, morphing open the front on each piece and welding the back together again (all in Poser) something was wrong when I tried to replace the old hip with the new... it did not join seamlessly with the other parts. The effect I wanted was what you have Trav, sexy pinup jeans. There are one or two items in the Market Place for that but they did not impress me enough for me to buy them. There is a shirt that opens but it seems realy billowy and dramatic rather than simply open.

nomuse ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 3:17 PM

Check out the "Gypsy Rose Lee" stuff (I think that's the name) -- clothing that was designed to be taken off, with a ton of morphs. Your hip problem sounds like you either moved some of the vertices or changed the vertice order. There are times that even perfectly aligned vertices won't weld in Poser due to some strangeness in their order (or some other peculiar problem existing only in Poser's wee little brain).

Peelo ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 8:30 PM · edited Tue, 11 October 2005 at 8:33 PM

I usually end up having to regroup the original figure alltogether. I take the jeans, import them to Animat8r. Do a couple of loopcuts for the zipper/opening, delete unwanted polygons and then import back to poser and regroup the mesh and turn it into a figure (usually I use the same bones that the original figure had). Then I load V3 or whatever the destination figure is, conform the clothing to her and finally create the morphs that open the zipper using magnets. Not a very good method, but that's how I do it.

Message edited on: 10/11/2005 20:33

-Morbo will now introduce the candidates - Puny Human Number One, Puny Human Number Two, and Morbo's good friend Richard Nixon.
-Life can be hilariously cruel

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 8:42 AM

I'm sorry for being pedantic and certainly hope no one takes offense, but ... The singular form of the word vertices is "vertex", not "vertice". I have a genetic defect that grinds my mental gears to a halt when I see "vertice". Even worse, when someone says ver-ta-see out loud. :) Strangely, dictionary.com lists "vertexes" as an alternate spelling plural for vertex. I didn't know that till today.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 9:37 AM

bagginsbill, worth knowing. Although I know I am a terible typo and bad spelling monster here, I agree it is good to have the best possible vocabulary.

bjbrown ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 2:39 PM

The Gypsy Rose, Utilize, and As Shanim stuff are all worth having because of their undress morphs. Buy a set of one of those, and then examine it to see how it's done.

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 3:08 PM

Uzilite is beautifull but just too expensive, I got the Base but I can't see buying anything else even though I want it. I wish the artist had gone for volume :( Venue Long Sleeve is twice as much as I would pay for any real world shirt. As Shanim is beautiful but a bit Pin-Up or fantasy. I certainly want it but it is again too expensive. I am sure BATLAB and 3Deam makes more money at $5-$7 a pop :) But man I would like it. Gypsy Rose looks great and is nicely priced but is a tad boudoir. I had a pair of jeans on my wishlist for a while for $16 I think but I can't rember who it was by. I guess I sound like a brat. I am just suprised that there isn't more. But I guess I don't know why there isn't more "everyday" clothes around. Now with Wardrobe Wizard my P5 clothes are really getting around.

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 3:46 PM

Momodot, if I may, without getting blasted, just what model do you want jeans that open for? Or a shirt, by the way Poserworld just came out with one for V3. mike

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 5:35 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: Elvegren Link

file_296135.jpg

I am totally nuts for Art Frahm and Gil Elvgren, two pin-up artists from the 50's. Some frahm is shown above and the link is to a site for Elvgren. I would love to have jeans that opened for either one of the Victoria figures or Judy though Posette would be fine need be. Like wise with the dudes, a Michael or Don, or Dork even. I want to do this kinda retro work but contemporary... even just some pubic hair poking out would be cool but as you can see above, pants around the knees or ankles would totaly rule. You might say it is a fetish but I am just taken with it. Tom of Findland has cool men with pants open to show hair too... look it up but it is a bit raunchy. In Costa Rica I saw a life sized cardboard cut-out of a comely and chubbyyoung woman with pants down around her ankles. It took me a moment to realize that in a country where all the young hooties had midriffies to show the little bellies the had sticking out over their waistbands that this was the "after" photo for a weight loss program.

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 5:50 PM

Sorry for the terrible typos. BTW I was talking about "hoties" not "hooties". The PoserWorld shirt is terfic, classy real world eligent... like a ladie throwing on her husband's shirt after slipping out of bed to refill her champagn glass. How is that for a word picture. You now know entirely too much, right, Trav?

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 8:05 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_296136.jpg

OK, momodot, here is a render of some older V1/V2 stuff. I'll need a day or so to clean up the files for someone else to use but if they would help you, they're yours. I will tell you that the UV maps are pretty much crap, which is why I have posted to much of my stuff. mike

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 8:08 PM

file_296137.jpg

Here's the same suit closed. m

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 8:39 PM

Trav, That is great. Makes me wonder what you are cooking up in your private lab... I certainly would apreciate you giving me that in whatever state it is in... it is very elegent! That is nice detail in the mesh and understanding how cloth drapes. That would look good both as jeans and an oxford shirt or as PVC or leather. Very nice. Just right for me... The image you have in the gallery looks like those pants more or less and your own T-shirt. That image is right along the lines of what I am up to... just I float in white space with maybe some setting props like an old pin-up.

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 9:28 PM

Not all of my clothing is my own, but in these pictures and in the one posted in the gallery I created all of the clothing. The shirt is part of a set up for review now for Blackhearted and Rio's Girl Next Door, as are the jeans in that render. momodot, send me an IM with your email address and I'll set those files up in a zip. I also have a pair of heels that kind of go along with this set, I'll throw in. Heck if they work out for you I may try to post them in free stuff. I don't know if anyone is using V1/2 now days but they might be useful to someone. mike

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 11:40 PM

I definately use V2 alot. I have emailed, I'll IM if that doesn't get through. Thanks.

narcissus ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2005 at 6:29 AM

I use my V2 too! Those clothes look fantastic! I would be very interested on those! :^) pitklad

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.