Sat, Sep 21, 12:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: I could use some advice please...

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 3:21 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:57 PM

file_299992.jpg

Hellooooo everyone!!! I wanted to know which one of these 3 versions you prefer. But if you dont like either of them, that would be nice to know that too, LOL. Have a great evening!!! ![smiley.gif](http://market.renderosity.com/~carrara/emoticons/smiley.gif)

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 3:23 PM

file_299993.jpg

Then theres the B&W....

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 3:25 PM

file_299994.jpg

And finally a little mix of the two above....

Andreas

Mystic Pic

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 3:35 PM

to my eye.. i luv the mix! it's an excellent compromise! :]

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 3:40 PM

Thank you Cindy. #:O) That was my personal favorite too....before i started thinking too much, LOL. I think the highlights look best in that one, better balanced than the others.

Andreas

Mystic Pic

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 3:41 PM

I really like the mix too but....I definitely prefer the B&W!! Awesome shot Andreas!! U nailed it! :D

Onslow ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 3:44 PM

file_299995.jpg

Well I like the colour one - but I don't like the blueish colour cast, presumably sky reflections, so I balanced the colour out.

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 3:46 PM · edited Thu, 27 October 2005 at 3:49 PM

So far youre all with me on trashing the colored one...yeah, i never liked the original all that much. Thank you so much Pascale. smiley.gif

edit...we crossed messages Richard and i shall now withdraw my first statement...obviously not all dislike the colored one, LOL. Thats a really nice compromise. You brought out the autumn in it.

Message edited on: 10/27/2005 15:48

Message edited on: 10/27/2005 15:49

Andreas

Mystic Pic

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 3:54 PM

uhhh.. now with Richard's.. i may need to change my mind too :]

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 4:05 PM

shy.gif ...hmmmm

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Onslow ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 4:15 PM

Whats up Andreas - you now got a glum looking smiley ?

Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 4:18 PM

file_299996.jpg

LOL! I just started questioning myself again Richard...perfectly normal when it comes to me, LOL. So how about this one? I brought out some more color and contrast of the vegetation, while i desaturated the flow....bad?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 4:20 PM

I stick with the B&W!! I think it's more classy, definitely!

tvernuccio ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 4:28 PM

definitely the B&W for me, Andreas!!! VERY classy as Pascale said and i just find it way more appealing! i like how the white water contrasts with the dark black rocks. the highlights aren't bothering me. could fix them a bit i think. i'd try but i gotta lie down. kemal and i are sick...fever...upper respiratory infections. i like what Richard did! very nice. i like your last one too. i still like the b/w better though! :) very nice capture!

Onslow ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 4:28 PM

It is good Andreas but by doing it that way you don't get the full range of colours in the rocks. I think it is a lovely shot but for me the combination of textures and tones in the rocks combining with the grasses is what makes it. If I postworking it more I would probaly try to get a bit more texture and warmth into the grasses. My sugestion is if you want to go with the colour version is you balance the colour first, then do any adjustments to saturation or tinting you want. I balanced the colour with levels. It is common to get a blueish cast with this type of shot especially if you use a polarising filter which tends to cool colours as well.

Edward Lear

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 4:30 PM · edited Thu, 27 October 2005 at 4:36 PM

LOL, i hear ya Pascale. Thank you Sheila...now go get yourself into bed and heal yourself. #:O)....LOL, we crossed again Richard. I agree with what youre saying....starting to think im trying to hard with this one. As soon as snatched it from the MemoryCard, i thought that it would look cool as B&W...maybe i shall stick to my first intentions huh. Thanks alot gang, youve been amazing once again. #:O)

Message edited on: 10/27/2005 16:36

Andreas

Mystic Pic

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 4:37 PM

Pleasure as usual sweet Swedish! ;)

Onslow ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 4:40 PM

Yep go with b/w or go with colour it will still be a good shot :)

Edward Lear

tvernuccio ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 6:13 PM

file_299997.jpg

i can't lie down any longer. i think the highlights look best in the b/w. here's the b/w with the highlights reduced on -10. I'm not really even sure if it needs reduced. my eyes are really watery and makes it hard to see.

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 8:51 PM

Sorry me friend Andreas..I have to go with Richards....Either that or the B&W. He is right...you lose the texture and tones in the rocks.It just seems natural. But no matter...you have to please you. Also...I wanna know what settings you pees use when capturing the water this way. Be easier to read it than me going out and trying it and muffing it up.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

soulofharmony ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 3:58 AM

Andreas l looked at these last night.. but felt to tired to comment properly.. the perspective of the shots fantastic.. lay out, l love the colour version but like Richard dont like the blue.. to much blue in landscape if the conditions monotonic really creates even more flatness...theres no life in the grasses and no details in the rocks... but the shutter speed and actually fall.. is perfect timing. Richard's has created and highlighted the details and added a goldeness .. even little details within the grass as well as the rocks...its also brought out some red autumn leaf.. the small fine details and really brought sharpness..even down to the mosses, annd yellow fungi stuff dont know the name on the stones, plus if you look to where the water falls behind the water.. richards version has brought out detail of the rock wall... its a beautiful perspective shot Andreas.. but on this prefer Richards version...Sorry being honest:))))))... nikki

I Discovered the secret of the sea in mediation upon the dewdrop ... Sand and Foam Gibran

<a href="http://www.soulofharmonyphotographics.org/">Visit My Website</a>

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 6:17 AM

file_299998.jpg

Why are you apologizing Nikki??? I also prefer Richards version, im well aware that its waaaaaay better than any of mine. I only wish i knew how to do what he did...sigh. This is the closest i got, but it still sucks. And now im too sick of this photo to even bother anymore, lol. Thanks Sheila, i did some minor adjustments on the B/W as well. Anyway, thanks alot for your time and your help gang. I do appriciate it a whole lot. Enjoy your weekend. ![smiley.gif](http://market.renderosity.com/~carrara/emoticons/smiley.gif)

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Onslow ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 9:26 AM · edited Fri, 28 October 2005 at 9:27 AM

file_299999.jpg

I have only just looked at this again.

I am more than happy to tell you what I did Andreas.

In Photoshop:
Firstly I clicked Auto Levels because that usually sorts out any colour imbalances - clicked OK.
I was not entirely happy it had done a great job so I then opened Levels. I took the center eye dropper, for a grey point, and I looked for a place to click on that I thought should be a neutral mid grey colour. I settled on a spot roughly where the red dot is in the image.

Thats it - nothing magical.

Message edited on: 10/28/2005 09:27

Edward Lear

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 10:00 AM

Thank you Richard....now will you be so kind to tell me how you get that incredible look on your own photos...you know of what i speak...or do i need to beg further. lol.gif

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Onslow ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 10:09 AM

LMAO I'll be running workshops for a small fee ;)

Edward Lear

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 12:43 PM

file_300000.jpg

I'm back!!! :D Those highlights did my head in and made my teeth cringed! Soooooooooooooo....I worked on it a 'lil...in B&W! I was bored...anyway...here it is! :)

Damia ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 2:39 PM

Well, I think you have had all the help you can get on this. Great advice, too. I can't really decide which I like. I like the b/w one, but I'm such a big fan of colors. The kind of thing Richard did is great, too. So, I am being NO help! LOL I know whatever you do with it will be beautiful. :) That water is excellent, by the way.

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 2:47 PM

Nice work Pascale!!!! Sitting here at work, on that screen, makes the highlights become even more visible...so i definitly prefer your version....hmmmm....maybe i should just auction out my shots to those that can really bring out the best in them, LOL. #:oP

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 2:49 PM

Looks like we crossed messages....thank you Danielle. #:O)

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Randys ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 11:20 PM

file_300001.jpg

Zacko what a great photo. I could not resist joining in and doing my version. I have been playing around with a new computer tonight, reading the forum working your photo while listening to Nora Jones. I guess this could be a mood version . The file got a little fat so I had to cut it down on the jpeg quality to get it under the 200k limit. Randy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.