Sat, Sep 21, 6:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Suggested materials settings for a poser import.

stimpy ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2001 at 2:45 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:26 PM

I'm still twiddling with my "Survivor" image and wanted to ask if anyone has discovered any "tried and true" materials settings for a Poser import. I feel that the character is a little too bright and wanted to tone it down some more. The ambiance dial in the materials control doesn't let me do small reductions. Could it also be the sky setting getting in the "way"? Thanks!

flaxcrack ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2001 at 3:10 PM

Attached Link: http://peepee-weewee.hypermart.net/tiffy/

If you increase the shadows in bryce... That would hep treminiously I feel and so would if you casted the sun a different way... Be Good man

Deathbringer ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2001 at 3:13 PM

This is kind of a cheezy way of doing it but it does work. Try putting a light around it or in front of it, and then going into the edit properties and drag the lighting to the left to make it a negative number this will pull light out of the scene. I have used this once or twice and had fairly good luck with it, just play around a little with the positioning. I usually change the light color to a gray or something to dull the color a little. Hope that helps.

flaxcrack ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2001 at 3:45 PM

Attached Link: http://peepee-weewee.hypermart.net/tiffy/

Nah man, thats kewl.. Whatever gets the job done, right? It doesn't matter how you get perfection as long as you get it.. Right??? I thought so... So it's not cheezy.. Just different way to get the job done...

Deathbringer ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2001 at 4:06 PM

Kewl.. And that is what I love about this site.. Everyone is so helpfull and never get into bashing people. That is so disheartening, when all anyone is here to do is improve themselves and the people around. Renderosity rocks!!

flaxcrack ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2001 at 4:47 PM

Here here my good friend... Renderosity is a good haven for every one to enjoy...

theFOG ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2001 at 9:37 PM

Stimpy If you want to make small adjustments in the material editor, just click on the numerical value. It will highlight and you can enter a value to two decimal places. Also if you want to adjust by one whole number at a time you can use the up or down arrows. the F.O.G.

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2001 at 10:00 PM

Heya... been a while since I've been to bryce forum. It seems to me that the texturing of a poser figure in bryce is highly dependant on the sky and ambient light settings. I've never been happy with the way that they come in looking as default. The settings I seem to consistently have the best results with are to place the setting dots in both the diffuse and ambient channels, then using the technique that theFOG described, I run the numerical vales as: Diffuse: 65% Ambient: 45% Specularity: 35-45% [Roughly] Mettalicity: about 5% {Not sure just why, but it seems to help] Reflectivity: .05 - 1.5% Then I do a test render under the sky I'm going to use and go back in and tweak the setings in increments of 1 - 5% untill I'm happy. If I add lights to the scene - I retweak to compensate. That's for skin... For Hair, I use the same settings, but I run 100% specularity, 15% mettalicity, and about 10% reflectivity. Clothes it just depends on what sort of material I'm trying to imulate. A lot of times I cheat and use bryce .mats for the clothing and metal textures. Hope any of this works for you... you can check my galery and see some of the results I've gotten with these settings in various sky/lighting conditions.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

stimpy ( ) posted Fri, 09 March 2001 at 9:16 AM

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. This gives me something to start with...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.