Sat, Sep 21, 8:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Any help for M3 Revisted ?

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 7:22 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:40 AM

I used the RTEncoder as directed, and I get a message that the coding was successful, and everything looks like it is in the file until I try to load the character...then he is the amazing invisible man. Obviously I understand RTEnoder not at all and I must have missed a step (there are only three, but I've gone wrong on less). The directions are just a little vague for me...has anyone successfully loaded up this product who could give me a gentle hint and not make me feel any dummer than I already feel? (M3 Revisited is the weekend special over at PoserPros, btw, in case anyone hasn't a clue what I'm talking about.)

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 7:26 PM

I saw it. What exactly does it offer that David doesn't? Can it wear M3's clothing?

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 7:34 PM

Well, if I could get it to work, I'd let you know. :( Right at the moment, he's not wearing anything.

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 7:35 PM

Yep. So if you want a David character wearing, say, the M3 Wizard Robes (and you don't have or can't use Wardrobe Wizard to convert them) just load up this guy instead. Cool, eh?

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 7:37 PM

So you got the guy to work? What's the magic word???

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 8:06 PM

Have you loaded David's head & body morphs? You need those or he won't work except with M3 characters.

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 8:12 PM

That's not my problem (though I have many). I can't get M3 Revisited to work; that is, he doesn't come up at all when I click on the window. I think the problem is related the obj file but I don't know enough to figure out what it is. I went through the steps of the REncoder, it gave me a positive response, but there's no result that is useful to me for actually using the project. I know I'm missing something simple. I just don't know what it is. :(

nickedshield ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 8:20 PM

A couple of things to check: Look at the figResource line in the cr2 to find out where the obj should be. check to see if it really is there. Look in the folder that the rte file was in, the obj may be there. If all else fails do a search on your computer for the obj. If found, move it to where the cr2 is going to look for it.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

vladster ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 8:40 PM

The product of the RTE decode is actually a zip file that contains the object files and other stuff. It is in the same format as most products (i.e., unzip to where Poser image resides). I have not seen a product packaged like this before and I was expecting the output to be an OBJ, so it took me a bit to figure out where things were.

martindj ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 8:45 PM

The secret appears to be that you have to let RTEncoder produce a .zip file (the name defaults when you hit SaveAs button). After decoding, the new zip file will contain several files all with appropriate paths under Runtime/ etc. Copy these to your runtime.

martindj ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 8:46 PM

Sorry vladster - cross post.

guarie ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 8:48 PM

At 3.30 in the morning it was easier to encode the first zip against M3's obj than trying to do M3Rev's obj seperately ;) Dialyn - I haven't had a problem with him not turning up in a scene. If the obj was missing you wouldn't have even been able to load him. Which version of Poser are you using?

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 9:26 PM

Well, it's a zip file was the problem. For whatever reason, my computer decided it was a *.txt file. :/ When I changed the extension, the zip revealed itself. I never would have guessed. You can guess, I haven't used the encoder before. Seems to be working now. Thank you so much!!!

onimusha ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 9:31 PM
Online Now!

From the product page renders, it appears as if M3 Rev has the same shoulder problems as M3. I'd love to know if people who've bought it have found this to be true or if there's some kind of correction...

venerella ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 10:31 PM

Ehy Birdie! So you say is a good thing to purchase it? I've been in trouble and dunno what to do. What are you suggesting please? Thank you ;=) Barbara

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 10:33 PM

file_310964.jpg

Here he is with Daio's Winterkin for David morphs/textures and the Guardian/Scout costume from Daz. No postwork or touchups to the clothing, just made a background & signed it. I really like this new Mike!:-)

venerella ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 10:37 PM

Ok I'll go purchasing he..... Then I never use M3 for my renderings, but just in the case ;=)

onimusha ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 10:50 PM
Online Now!

Okay, here's what I mean... Here is a render of David next to M3 Rev (which I just bought because it was so cheap). They're using the same david muscular morphs and are in the same pose. David is scaled up to 110% to make him the same height as M3. Notice how M3's shoulders (on the left) baloon out and look unnaturally round where D3's look more natural as they don't have that balooning problem. This has been a problem with M3 from his inception and this is why I can't use him for any render where he isn't wearing a shirt (like barbarian warrior type renders). Now I don't have a problem with Pdxjims' product at all, I think it's really well done. M3's muscle morphs are horrible and this is a quick and easy way to make M3's muscles look a lot better. I just wish someone would make a morph that fixes this. Uzilite did in his latest clothing product at DAZ, but buying a $24 outfit I'll never need just for one morph isn't worth it.

onimusha ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 10:51 PM
Online Now!

file_310965.jpg

Oops... here's the render...

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 10:53 PM

Well, if you want a Mike who can double for David and still wear all his own clothes, you can't beat this one. And the price is certainly right.;-) Also just heard pdxjims planning a Freak version, coming out in January or thereabouts. Can't wait!

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 6:03 AM

How can he wear M3 clothing with David's morphs? Are they similar enough to M3's morphs that the clothing still fits? Or do you have add David's morphs to M3's clothing with The Tailor or some such thing?

dirk5027 ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 8:06 AM

Randym, not positive but i do know you can use m3's in default state, if you morph him, pretty sure m3's clothes won't work without wardrobe wizard BUT this is an excellent purchase for the money, you get extra morphs, plus you can use davids and you get a nice looking texture with it, They did a Good job on this one

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 11:35 AM

Darn, I was hoping that the shoulders were fixed. Oh Jim.... how about an update with a shoulder fix included?? Richard ;-)~

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 11:41 AM

blush Thank you! The new M3 can wear the old M3 clothing. Morphs aren't an exact match though on clothing, and need to be played with. It's not that difficult though, except for more extreme morphing. Play with them a bit, and you should be able to get a fairly good fit. A little muscular 3, a bit of muscular 2, a tad touch of resizing, and the fit isn't too bad. And don't forget the new morphs will work on any of the V3 type figures. That means the new morphs will work on David, Hiro, SP3, V3, Aiko, Matt, Maddie, Luke, and Laura. Try the Freakoid on Matt. It's sorta fun (grin). This is the second of my improved M3 figures. First was Vittoro (available at Daz), now M3, and early next year, the Freak. I've always thought that the earlier male Unimesh figures needed work. They should have been compatable with the V3 grouped figures, and used common channel names for all morphs. They also tended to be too jagged along muscle lines for my taste. These new versions are my answer to those problems, with some added value in the new textures, Easypose genitals, and conforming body hair. The new morphs help a lot too. New M3: Adult male, bulkier than the rest of the regular figures. Vittorio: Slimmer and smoother, about the height of V3. More boyish in appearance. David: Shorter yet. Bulkier than Vittorio. The new Freak: Smoother than the old Freak, and with all the David and V3 channels. Less of a characture, and more a bulked up normal figure. These new figures are designed to give the most possibilties to the male figure sets. Often, male figures have recieved the short end of the stick, and I like to think that I'm doing my bit to even out the score (grin). I hope you all enjoy them! And just in case you haven't noticed, I've got 2 freebies in the Christmas Freebies here at the 'sity: Persian Boy for Apollo Maximus and the Sultan for the Freak. I've also posted Baby New Year clothing for Apollo Maximus on my personal site, and have a couple of more coming out at PoserPro's.

Byrdie ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 11:51 AM

No Wardrobe Wizard or Tailor here, still saving for that.No magnets either, the clothes on my "New Mike" just has the Muscular 1, 2, & 3 plus Stocky morphs applied. Didn't need to hide any body parts except his toes, but that happens anyway with most boots. Great job, Jim! Thanks for this, and all those lovely freebies too. Can't wait to see what you do with Nigel, he's the most sadly neglected of the lot, I do believe. A real pity, since he's got such potential. Hm...must go play some more.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 11:54 AM

Ramwolf, Use David's Deltoid FBM at a -1 to get rid of the bowling ball shoulders. It's not perfect, but it helps. Also try using the smoother morph. It also will help reduce that problem.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 12:05 PM

Thanks Jim. Off to buy now! What's your site link?? I don't have that one! Richard ;-)~ (RAMWolff)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 12:18 PM

Attached Link: Baby New Year for Apollo Maximus

file_310966.jpg

Here's a EARLY preview of the new Freak. He's smoothing, less jaggy. I'm working on more faces for him, and to adjust some of his proportions to a bit more human. As always, he'll be able to take all of David's and V3's morphs. RAMWolff, here's the link to the Apollo Maximus Baby New Year's freebie. Most of my site is down due to the LARGE amount of beta testing that's been going on with my freebies and products. I can't afford extra space on the server, so only the bare minimum gets posted up.

Byrdie ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 12:21 PM

Mmm, nice! David and Vicky's morphs, eh? Will definitely be buying whenever he's ready.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 4:15 PM

file_310967.jpg

WOW! Am I glad I found this thread! M3Revitalized is AMAZING! Wow! He really takes all of David's morphs without a hitch! I'd made a face pack for David and they work perfectly on M3Revitalized as well. As does my Geezer, and that really amazed me, because it's a full body, custom made morph for David. But there's no problems at all by using it on the new Mike! THANKS Jim! This character is simply SUPER!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 10:30 PM

file_310968.jpg

Thanks so much Jim. Yea, he's pretty amazing. Here's M3 just using the new morphs that you included along with the new WildHair that just was released. You didn't tell us that his face changed a bit. He looks very Anime to me with the larger eyes. I do notice a couple of things though. His teeth are spread apart and the tongue MAT points to the wrong MAT so I had to point it correctly. He is going to be much more fun to work with now thanks to you though!! :-) Richard ;-)~

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 5:32 AM

Jim the freak rework looks good! I dont use Freak much because he has no soften-muscles morph and in his default state is kind of a niche figure. The one thing I'd ask for you to include in that set is a way to scale your new guys hands and feet down to normal sizes. With that one change, as you have him right now he'd make an excellent golden age Superman or Captain amrvel .. big and muscular but not as brutish. Lyrra

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 12:50 PM

file_310969.jpg

RamWolf, The face on the base is still the same as the original M3, the variation morphs do add an anime look, but if you dial back the corrosponding head morph, you'll get the old M3 face. Try the head morphs all by themselves too. If you use the head variation morphs at about .3. to .5, you get a very nice new look for M3. Lyrra, Here's a peak at the new Freak with a new morph. I'm shooting for a slimmer, less bulky new Freak. He's smoother, and the new less bulky version works REALLY well with the David morphs.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 1:43 PM

Lyrra, The Freak does have a soften morph in the morph pack. It is called " BodySoft" ...It works pretty well.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 2:10 PM

file_310970.jpg

That looks really yummy Jim!! The Freak will be even MORE useful now with you and GoM working him up like this!! :-) Is there a fix for M3's teeth when using the M3Smoother dial coming?? This would quite useful if doing a hillbilly or other types but for your good looking supertypes straight white teeth are a must!! LOL Thanks much Richard ;-)~

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

dirk5027 ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 2:16 PM

as far as I can tell any body morph that changes the face, you can click head, and turn the same dial backward, until the face/head is back to where you want it

dirk5027 ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 2:34 PM

OH OK i see the m3smoother dial is for the head already LOL guess i can't help....I just closed poser, does david have a smoother dial, maybe use that one

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.