Sat, Oct 5, 6:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Poser Rig for Open Source Zygote Woman at 3DScience.com

Zygote_Spokesperson ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 8:56 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:17 AM

Attached Link: Open Source Zygote Woman and Poser Rig

file_312356.jpg

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know there is a Poser rig that we are offering for Open Source available at 3DScience.com. The model and rig are open source so you can do just about anything you want with it, including commercial redistribution of your new creations. Just read the license at the link. You just need to signup for a 3DScience.com account and it's available for download.

Have fun.

Zygote Media Group and 3DScience.com

Message edited on: 12/16/2005 08:58

Message edited on: 12/16/2005 08:59

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 9:20 AM

If you're using Firefox, switch to IE. Firefox doesn't work on the 3dScience site.

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 9:27 AM

cool. getting it. had tried rigging the male figure as a learning exercise - failed to get a decent result.

Eternal Hobbyist

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 9:33 AM

Looks good ... I would liek the male figure more though :)

artbyphil ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 10:45 AM

Is it possible to join this site without entering my credit card? I don't like to fill this in until I actually want to buy something. It also keeps asking me to fill in the billing province which I have done.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 10:49 AM

You don't need to put your credit card info in. I didn't.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 11:08 AM

It was the billing province that I had trouble with.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 11:20 AM

I registered, got a confirmation mail but still not able to download :(((((

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 11:21 AM

Thanks ;o)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 11:42 AM

OT- have you seen the prices for some of these models?! I'll never laugh at TuSid again..$6,000*..for a model? what would Patsy say?..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 12:09 PM

The signup screen does not accept UK counties or postal codes.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

dasquid ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 12:26 PM

I signed up and now every time I try to download anythign it tries to make me register/login again.

UVDan ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 12:42 PM
Forum Moderator

Too bad Zygote won't let me have the open source models.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 12:55 PM

worked fine for me.. windows xp explorer here...

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 12:55 PM

Thank you very much! I am German. There was no problem with sign up. No CC Information required. Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 2:05 PM

Gee, this part of the license rules out a large chunk of Poserdom... ;-)

The Open Source 3D Content cannot be used in the explicit depiction or exhibition of sexual activity that is intended to stimulate erotic, rather than aesthetic or emotional feelings.

Foxseelady ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 2:16 PM

I keep getting sent in circles, click download, sends me to login in, sends me to the open source page, click download....you get the idea lol

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 2:17 PM

Are you using Internet Explorer? Firefox doesn't work on this site.

artbyphil ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 2:36 PM

Yes I've got the sent in circles problem too and I'm using internet explorer. Also got the problem with it not excepting UK postcodes.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 2:40 PM

You could use a U.S. address. A lot of them out there, if you Google. :) Would it be legal to post a copy of this file somewhere else, for those who can't run the Science3D obstacle course? I wasn't sure, afte reading the license.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 2:49 PM

If you type in the first part of your postcode it should work. (it worked for me).

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 2:53 PM

Nice one, xantor. It worked fine. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 3:08 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_312357.jpg

She has definitely potential. She comes with a basic texture and has a full set of face morphs and expressions. I use here for the picture a V3 pose and the Unimesh realism kit. Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 3:12 PM
artbyphil ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 3:41 PM

what is please fill in billing province actually asking me for . I've tried allsorts in there but it keeps on asking for it.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 4:56 PM

why wouldn't it be legal to host somewhere else it is open source :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 5:21 PM

Well, it's not completely open, as the quote in message 17 shows. It says you can re-distribute if you add to the original, but it doesn't say anything about distributing it unmodified (that I could tell, anyway). They are requiring names, addresses, and e-mail addresses to download it, and if I put it up on my web site, a lot of names and addresses they might have collected, they won't get.

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 5:31 PM

@ Mazak Are the joints that good? Or, is your posing that good? Or, both...lol Seriously,,she appears to have some complex folds at the arm and the rest seems really good.

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 5:56 PM · edited Fri, 16 December 2005 at 5:56 PM

file_312359.jpg

The Z-Woman has no buttock that can cause some problems with V3 poses. Here the V3Beach02 pose. The collar bending looks ok :)

Mazak

Message edited on: 12/16/2005 17:56

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 6:14 PM

@Mazak Thanks> She is fine in the safe range like V3. Here, she is falling down to the Miki level of mesh deformation...at least on forearms. Got time for the infamous 45degree hip bend???

artistheat ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 6:28 PM

Okay someone make a template...LOL..Thanks Zygote

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 7:27 PM

file_312360.jpg

Hip and knee bend. Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 7:56 PM

Looks like her elbows and knees joints could use some work...

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 7:58 PM

thanks Mazak!

mylemonblue ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 8:07 PM

file_312361.jpg

Here's my little butt test. :)

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

layingback ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 9:08 PM

Same access problem here. I'm logged in (menu displays Logout option), click the Download button, and I'm greeted with Login screen (menu displays Login option). But note I'm not logged out!!! Click on any main menu selection - WITHOUT loging in again, and I'm back logged in (menu displays Logout option)! Weird. This is using IE or Mozilla. Seems Open Source is limited not only to IE, but to just Internet Explorer v6? My hunch is theytrack that you got here only from the Download page, using some code that only works on IE6. Bummer...

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 3:17 AM

how about an image of the inner elbow at various bend angles...would love to see if she has the bent-drinking-straw inner elbow. Frmo the images here, her upper arms, although still unnatually bowed in, are not as bad as vickie and Jessie and practically every other Poser model. In image 24, the hair unfortunately hides the collar line. I wonder if she has the typical unnatural shoulder pads. ::::: Opera :::::

artistheat ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 8:23 AM

file_312362.jpg

You have to remember also if your going to use other characters poses on her you will need to do some adjustments on her.IMHO She is a very good model.

MarianneR ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 9:21 AM

I'm using a mac and finally managed to download using IE 5. As I'm in Europe I put n/a in the billing province field and that worked.

ToolmakerSteve ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 9:28 AM

I also get sent in circles when try to download. Using IE 6 on Win XP.

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 9:36 AM

Try putting your city in the billing province field and then three characters in the small part.

MarianneR ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 9:36 AM

At first I registered using Safari and was sent in circles trying to download. Then I started IE, logged in and was able to download.

artistheat ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 9:43 AM

file_312363.jpg

She also Seems to be much smoother when walking...V3 and Sp3 always seem to have problems with there knees when walking....

ToolmakerSteve ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 9:46 AM · edited Sat, 17 December 2005 at 9:47 AM

Tried download on a second computer, also Win XP & IE 6. Still sent in circles. But it was from the same IP address. I'm betting that their web programmer made a mistake, and that their server is somehow remembering its decision that I'm an unregistered user. Bet if I try again in an hour or two (or perhaps tomorrow) it will magically work.

Message edited on: 12/17/2005 09:46

Message edited on: 12/17/2005 09:47

Nance ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 10:40 AM

off to go check, but really now-

Q:
What happens when you let the accounting dept. name a product?

A:
"3DScience-Poser-Rigged-Open-Source-Zygote-Female" whew!

(Not gonna be signin' many autographs with that tip-o-the-tongue moniker)

They leaving it up to the kids this time?

Chris ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 12:16 PM

looks very good ... thank you very much greets Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 3:59 PM · edited Sat, 17 December 2005 at 4:04 PM

file_312364.jpg

For operaguy. I hope this helps. :)

The free-open source figure is very cool. Thanks Zytgote and 3DScience.com

Message edited on: 12/17/2005 16:04

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Nance ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 5:11 PM

dumdeedohdum..... stuck it the login/download/login/download vortex also. Could it be a timing thing? Any of you that got trapped initially still locked out after 24hrs?

Nance ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 5:38 PM

file_312365.jpg

Ok, I brought it a shrubbery and it let me in.

Actually, I did just get in and downloading now, so may just be a delay/database update/timing kinda thing.

In between though, I'd also:
-opened the registration confirmation email from them
-logged off/
-rebooted/logged in again so had a new IP. Who knows.

Anyway, to save anyone else some frustration, I did notice that while stuck in the loop, even after repeatedly "logging in" the indicator at the top of their page never did actually change from the "Login" indicator to "Log Out" as displayed now and circled in the capture above.

That is just to say that I assume you should quit playing its game and bail if it still says LOGIN after filling in the login boxes - it will change when it actually lets you in.

ToolmakerSteve ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 6:37 PM · edited Sat, 17 December 2005 at 6:37 PM

As I predicted, when I tried again now I get in fine. So anyone having trouble, just come back a few hours after your first login attempt.

Message edited on: 12/17/2005 18:37

layingback ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 8:57 PM

Yep, got in - ToolmakerSteve seems to have called it correctly. Wait until their server has lost it's mind ( a few hours perhaps, I let a day go by). Then Login BEFORE making any attempt to download. Then it should open a new browser window and then things work fine. If you attempt to download without being logged in, their server is going to harbor a grudge - at least for a few hours ;-) This was with IE 5. (Yeah, yeah, I know, but I never use IE for anything but WinUpdate - or until I encounter a site is designed this M$-myopic. Open source with conditions I understand, but open source which is only available using proprietary browsers is well, strange ... )

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.