Thu, Sep 19, 3:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: New Beta Update for Vue 5 Infinite

sirrick ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 11:01 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:07 PM

279687 (5.09)(Beta) is available. Haven't installed it yet so no comments.

sirrick ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 12:37 PM

Well, I should have known better, just installed it and nothing but constant crashes whenever I try to load a .vob object. Back to 278365 and all is well.

Xiores ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 7:52 PM

I have had no problem whatsoever. In fact memory problems, while not solved, are better.

sirrick ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 8:30 PM

I'll give it another shot when I have more time, could be just been a bad install. I couldn't load anything without it crashing........I save the entire "application" folder onto my desktop whenever I upgrade so I can easily revert back if there are problems as I've never had any luck with the uninstall update option.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 2:08 AM

No problems for me. Software openGL seems much more stable. Hard drive is used less, too.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

czarnyrobert ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 10:02 AM

Strange - when I worked on this latest version on my christmas scene I have zero crashes - to me it look stable.

LCBoliou ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 11:28 AM

I think e-on actually did good on this one -- so far. The efficiency of memory usage seems to be much better, and on a test render of a file I had rendered under the previous build version, raytraced soft shadows seemed to render much faster.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 12:11 PM

file_313605.jpg

Version 5.09 - Build 279874,P42.8Gig512Ram,ATIMobileRadeon9000,Win2KSp4.-----Default scene-default render settings.Strange Render result ,isn't it? I wanted to post it to the e.on Forum but I got an error message when creating my topic.I am waiting for the Carrara5Pro box,I am through with Vue-basta.

sirrick ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 12:12 PM

Re-installed it this morning, and all seems well this time. It must have simply been a bad install. So Far, so Good :o)

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 2:50 PM

lol........it came in upside down in my Side View and Front View. :( Whacky isnt it. :)

ïÏøçö

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 7:24 PM

yeah my 2 cents I just got the update and I must say you all have terrified me over these things - so many horror stories but so far so good and ecosystems are wicked fast to appear on your screen ready to preview - I really like that, all else seems good so far. Good luck to everyone out there.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 25 December 2005 at 11:53 AM

I've just read on e-on's forum that plants variations you created with a previous update don't render! Has anyone encountered this problem? I have made a few plants, wouldn't want to loser them ( not that they are masterpieces, mind you!)

DigReal ( ) posted Sun, 25 December 2005 at 7:10 PM

I was reading that same discussion, so was holding off on this beta. Think I'll give it a test tomorrow, since some of the improvements sound good. If I do install it, I'll test out my own plant variations, and report back.

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 26 December 2005 at 8:01 AM

Well, apparently, it's only when you set leaf randomness to -100%, so if this is a parameter you don't use, I guess there are no problems, and the imprvements look good, memery management wise.

DigReal ( ) posted Mon, 26 December 2005 at 6:35 PM

Did install the latest beta, but didn't have time to give it a good workout... sometime this week, I hope. My own plants looked to be okay but didn't try that -100% random thing. Only problem so far are the upside down maps on the alpha planes.... fortunately that's easy to fix.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.