Wed, Oct 2, 9:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Possette Retired

biggert ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 9:46 AM · edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 2:41 AM

hi guys!! when i first got Poser 5 my main character was Possette....after getting Steph, V3, DinaV, Natalia/Natrixa, and a bunch of other high res figures i now see how inferior possette's mesh is :::shivers:::...i used to do spend a lot of time doing postwork on her after renders.....there was this one time where after i posed her in a sitting position her legs and butt were so deformed i had to pretty much paint her legs/butt in.... but theres still a lot of people who are loyal possette users....theres even the website called possette forever... i am thinking with all these high quality figures Possette will pretty much be retired soon....but i dont think so...especially since theres a lot of free P4 stuff.... P4 based figures like EVE for some reason bend a lot better than P4 even though the polygon count is pretty much close to P4 16,380...(DinaV is a whopping 110,000+!!!)i guess its cuz of the grouping....for example possette's butt is grouped with her thigh...in EVE they are two separate groups and this helps a lot when you bend her legs....that deep valley between the butt and leg doesnt show up like in P4...so what you get is a very smooth transition from her butt to leg....wonder why? ive been trying to figure that out for quite a while now.....anyone know why? anyway...at least for me i am retiring P4......i still get goosebumps when I remember all that time i spent doing plastic surgery and other MAJOR post render operations on her....hmm.....i also think why didnt get those high res figures before......maybe i couldve saved myself a lot of time...... ::::stupid, stupid, stupid,......::::

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 9:59 AM

I think we all go through that stage. Posette looks very good in some poses. Wrap a good texture on it and some good hair and you have a good (if not particularly versatile) model. I cut my rendering teeth with Posette but never used it for any of my gallery renders. Once I got V2 I never looked back.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 10:00 AM

Posette has long been DEAD for me good riddance!!

My website

YouTube Channel

winter200 ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 10:04 AM

This newbee loves posette! I do have V2 & milgirls but I find posette the easiest to use - change the face (with all those wonderful free morphs and textures) This may be because I haven't a clue how to really do a decent render or the knowledge to worry about meshes. I also find postwork fun!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 10:13 AM

Attached Link: ~~Come~~

I know I've shown this pic on every given occasion, but it still goes to show that Posette is dead - IF YOU LET HER DIE! If you let her live, she's not at all that bad :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 10:20 AM

Sorry, but I can not agree on this one. Posette is still one of the best figures around. Ever tried Posette 2003 by Jim Burton? A jewel. Posette has her problems, yes. I always use some magnets (or morphs) on her tights and shorten them to 95%, and use a lot of breast morphs, but, hey, no-one is perfect. The joints could be better, sure. I personalised those too. Just recently, in this forum, someone asked for a "new" posette 2004. I could not agree more. Personally, I'v tried every "free" model, up to and including V1 Reduced Resolution (the one that made her chest should be put on water and bread LOL, and is responsable for me not bying any other V's. A great model if she had a nicer chest) All went Shift- Del. On grouping : the chest and left and right breasts schould be ONE group. Period. Bending controlled by decent joint control. After playing with Judy's, Eve's, Posettes, Latexa's, and others in between I find myself 90% working wih and on the P4-Lo figures (with quite a lot of personal morphs and textures in the region of 4000x4000) and 10% with Posette(also with a lot of personal morphs and 4000x4000 textures.) Bigger is not always better. Posette with an updated figure, better joints and breasts may knok on my door any time, any day. Lets say she would have to be renewed, not retired. Just my idea; Tony, posering since P1.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 10:42 AM

Isn't Judy an updated Posette? If only her head wasn't that u-g-l-y.... :(

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 12:38 PM

I haven't used the dork or posette since I bought the DAZ figures. Yeah, trekkiegrrl, Judy is ugly and you have to be pretty skilled with the morph putty to make her look good.

rreynolds ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 12:42 PM

If anybody saw any of Thorne's Posette faeries, they'd know how far, and spectacularly, Posette can be pushed. Thorne's working mostly with the Preteen Girl now, but the old Posette models were really wonderful.

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 12:54 PM

Posette is far from dead in my book. I use her as much as, sometimes even more than Vicky. OK I will admit I use loads of morphs on her, but still it is posette.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

alamanos ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 1:25 PM

The last few days I've been playing with p4 and posette. A bit bored. (I've had p5 for a year now, upgraded my system. 1 gig, athlon xp2600.. etc.. it's fast. at least compared to what I had a few years back when i was on p4. Anyway, like I mentioned I've been playing with p4 the last couple of days and posette. I forgot what a pleasure she was to work with.. fast.. posing her.. rendering her.. i had forgoten how much fun poser used to be. I found my self last night searching for posettte textures on renderosity. (I had deleted most of her stuff at least a year ago). If your ever get tired of waiting eons for p5 to finish a render, do yourself a favor, dust off your old copy of p4, let posette come out and play for a while and like my self, you to might be suprised with the unexpected fun your having.

TdaC ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 3:09 PM

file_88400.jpg

No, no and no! Posette is not dead. She's my favortie posermodel:) I've tried several others, but it always end the same. I try them for a short while, think they suck, delate them and go back to posette ( and the p4male). I think that they have a lot more possiblilities than ppl think. This is my latest poser character, i have made a lot of morphs for posette and textures that i use on her, but it's still posette.

narsil ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 4:14 PM

If you want to people a scene (lots of them) then posettes/dorks tiny mesh is really good. Half distance or something like that, passengers waiting to board airliners, stations. Some good freeware out there still for both. I don't use them for foreground work thats for Vicky and Mike. I do use Don now and again for foreground work - he does take millenium textures quite well, makes all the difference. I only use Judy when I need an alien (oops sorry)

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 5:22 PM

Only partly dead here. Still use a hybrid figure with Posette's head on a Vicky body quite frequently. There were tons of MT's for those P4 figures and it helps when you are using multiple figures in a scene and don't want everyone to look like cousins.

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 5:27 PM
Site Admin

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=78884&Start=73&Artist=Kalypso&ByArtist=Yes

biggert, you've probably missed out on a lot of Posette enhancements and that's why you've been having such a hard time with her. My modified Posette weighs in at about 47-50MB, loaded with Traveler's morphs (his "smooth" for various parts and "teen" morphs do wonders for her mesh) and coupled with Yamato's joint parameters settings she doesn't break or have unsightly creases when she bends. She can also use all of Vicki's hi-res textures thanks to the mapping AprilYSH gave her and other additions such as transmapped eyebrow props, nostril material (I just used the grouping tool), morphing eyelash props instead of transmaps, etc have totally transformed her - at least in my eyes since I started out with Posette in 99. Granted, these additions are the result of many talented and generous people from the community but as someone who was around from way back whenever I didn't miss out on any of them. I do have all the Vickie's and other newer characters such as LaRoo and the Anime Doll and don't work with Posette very often but every once in a while I like to render her as well, I don't think I'm ready to retire her :) Oh, and btw, I've got a similar set-up for Dork too - well, mine looks nothing like a Dork! [ No Dork](http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=78883&Start=73&Artist=Kalypso&ByArtist=Yes) Of course the nudity warning is for the links, not my message!

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 9:08 PM

Posette will always have her charms, not the least of which is that she is decidedly not high-poly V3-stylie, know what I mean? I want to defend Posette, but in all honesty I stopped using the mesh about six months ago.

rreynolds ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 10:03 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_88401.jpg

Here's one of Thorne's Posette models rendered in Poser 4 draft mode.

mondoxjake ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 10:21 PM

I am happy to see that the balance of posts in this thread go with the "Hurray for Posette!" theme. I feel sorry for the P5 users who have never experienced working with her. Sure getting her to look good sometimes takes a bit of postwork, but that is part of the learning experience. I have spent the family inheritance on characters...but Posette is still my favorite to work with. And the "Trash" free texture by User 601 that was in the free stuff a few months back makes her look better than any Vicky render I have done to date. Long live Posette...The Queen of Poser.

MaterialForge ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 6:47 AM

file_88402.jpg

She's still on my babe-list... :)

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 11:50 PM

Tdac, could you upload that faerie as a Pz3. She's just too adorable to miss. She looks even better than some of Thorne's PT girls. I've tried Aiko3 and PT, and ended up waiting a millenium for my computer to render. One project I tried with Aiko I had to scrap in the end, because my computer didn't have the resourses to render it. I downloaded the base Victoria3 from DAZ, and frankly, I'm not impressed by her. Compared to Posette, she's a lumpy oaf. When all is said and done- "There is only one Posette, and there is no second!"

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.