Sat, Oct 5, 6:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: OT - Member Screen Names

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 4:43 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:11 AM
  1. Please nominate the coolest screen names you have seen here at the forum. Please do not list your own name or any dumb ill-considered names selected by poor unfortunate newbies.

I like the screen names svdl, Bobasaur, Marque, Acadia, Casette, pigfish9, pokeydots, and for sure anonymous1. There are others but I have tried to be cold and keep it to my eight favorite.

1. What is the dumbest screen name you ever had? How many newbies are called "cyberboy2001"? I have always been momodot for better or worse but I used to have the e-mail address mail.here@mail.com and that made a lot of people really angry... then I was null@sprint.com and that made a lot of automated systems really angry.

Please, this thread is supposed to be fun... try not to hurt anyone's feelings. When in doubt remember discretion is the better part of valor :)

Larry F ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 4:49 PM

I always liked Numanoid but I think that person changed it, IIRC.

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 4:54 PM

I started as nu-be, ended as Pakled..I think that covers the gamut..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 5:29 PM

My (then) two cats used to go by the names of Sam Therapy's Cat and Sam Therapy's Other Cat. Sam Therapy's Cat has gone to the Happy Hunting Ground but Sam Therapy's Other Cat is still very much alive.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 5:33 PM

In answer to your question, though, Claire will kill me if I don't say PurpleJelly is the coolest screen name ever. As for me, I've always been Sam Therapy or some variation thereof since hooking up to the internet. I have, for nefarious purposes, used several other names, including but not limited to, Captain Funypants, Strattus Cattus, Northern Monkey, JCM2000, :BLACK:, Sacrecrow2001, Crasspy McTabernacle, Brutus O'Hooligan and Sammy Haemoglobin.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

originalkitten ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 5:33 PM

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 6:50 PM

I always liked zxcvb's screen name. Right off the keys!

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

originalkitten ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 6:51 PM

Im originalkitten on everything....not really original lol

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 7:08 PM

I always liked Dr. Geep.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 8:04 PM

PunkClown - The name always makes me smile SamTherapy - because the reference is so obscure and cool stonemason - cool connotation, and it's just so right for him

SkyeWolf ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 8:13 PM

That's ok Kitten, I've been going by Skye for as long as I can remember :) If i register and it's not available I'm lost...I never know what to pick and invariable wind up forgetting it later. :D I've got people who call me Skye in real life now I've been using it so long.

Admin: http://www.artistsagainstcensorship.com
Artist: http://www.skyewolfimages.com

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 8:34 PM

not that anyone's done it, I just want to remind everyone not to go for the throat about "dumbest" screen names (although, I'm willing to bet a load of money that my first one was the dumbest, LOL) ;) As for interesting, or Cool screen names I've seen....if they look hard to pronounce, I'm more than likely going to remember them...I find xoconostle's name fascinating...It reminds me of studying Aztec cultures in high school. SyydRaven is another cool name. I picture a kick-ass rocker chick, sorta like Pat Benetar. I can't think of any more off the bat that I can think of that really strike me as names I've remembered since I first saw them. I'll probabaly remember one at about 3am :P

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

deci6el ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 8:53 PM

There are plenty of names that stick in my head as people I "know" here but as for admiring the name for its own sake the first one that comes to mind is: SevenOfEleven There are plenty of other catchy names, I just think of that one first.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 8:56 PM · edited Tue, 03 January 2006 at 9:07 PM

A few that strike me:

Yggdrasil (I love Norse mythology)
Ben_dover (I think that's how he spells it)
Starkdog
facehugger
stahlratte
operaguy
stonemason

Message edited on: 01/03/2006 21:07

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

lmacken ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 9:04 PM

Not a name that many will reflect kindly on; but it always made me chuckle: ByteMe0K

SkyeWolf ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 9:08 PM

Let's see Prog Skooldaze ToxicAngel Ravnheart ElorOnceDark and my favorite? samildanach I want to know where she got her name so very badly LOL :D

replicand ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 9:09 PM · edited Tue, 03 January 2006 at 9:11 PM

My original screen name was exceedingly dumb which I decided to change after asking too many stupid questions. So much for artist's integrity. Regarding the question, I had not given it much thought except, like MorriganShadow, the more difficult names do stick a little. What's weird is that there's several names that come often in the threads. I have imagined their personalities based on what I read. I should get out more often. I'd be more interested to know WHY someone chooses the name that they have. No offense but what does "momodot" for instance mean?

Message edited on: 01/03/2006 21:11

SkyeWolf ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 9:14 PM

Wheee I got off my lazy butt and did some research :) "Samildanach is a Gaelic word that means "Master of all arts & trades".: pretty cool schtuff you find when you google :D

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 9:34 PM

How could anyone forget BenDover? LOL

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 9:41 PM · edited Tue, 03 January 2006 at 9:42 PM

Well, I have to nominate mine for the stupidest.

I was PackRat at several sites for obvious reasons, but the ISP I had went under and I forgot the password I had creatively came up with. With no way to retrieve it, I had no choice but to create a new accounts. I was a bit down on myself for not keeping better records so I created a new account with the Screen Name of RatsAss. I was informed it violated the TOS, so I went with an old Domain Name, which was Packratscloset. Too Long. I knew Packrat was already used, so I became ratscloset and I as I joined other sites, I kept using it!

Pretty stupid, huh? I will admit, I have stuck with it, and it seems to fit me now. (that brings up another question, are we our Screen Name, or do we eventually become our screen name?)

Message edited on: 01/03/2006 21:42

ratscloset
aka John

blonderella ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 9:53 PM · edited Tue, 03 January 2006 at 9:55 PM

I've always been intrigued by ynsaen...it took me the longest time to figure out what it even was...I thought it was some kind of cryptogram for Nancy...the one day, it kinda hit me like a ton o' bricks and the light when on...hehehehe...

when my husband and I belonged to this chat site around 4 years ago, I used the screen name Eileen Dover and he used Ben Dover...hehe

Message edited on: 01/03/2006 21:55

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 10:04 PM

Quote - ynsaen...it took me the longest time to figure out what it even was...I thought it was some kind of cryptogram for Nancy...the one day, it kinda hit me like a ton o' bricks and the light when on

Care to share some of that light?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

blonderella ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 10:16 PM

Acadia, it's "insane"...took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure that one out...and I LOVE word games...hehehe

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 10:40 PM

I like simple and cute names like Acadia Casette MrSparky and others like that. But after browsing the Internet and participating in forums for 7 years, I am still not comfortable using screen names when I address someone. I prefer using given names. That is why I always try to use my given name (or rather a shortcut for it) as my username. This is "France". When "France" is already taken, I use Francemi which is France plus the initials of my 2 other given names. I don't know if it is because I speak French that I don't like using screen names or if it is just because I am like that, but there it is. ;o)

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Petunia ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 10:50 PM

I have always liked Traveler and igohigh's screen names.

deci6el ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 10:58 PM

probably tons of names taken only as they are fall-backs when the primary choice isn't available. This explains why I have a 6 in my login instead of a b. Decibel happens to be a popular nickname for sound engineers and people with the initials dB. While after all these years I would like something more creative who wants to juggle half a dozen aliases across multiple forums, trying to remember who I am here and there. you can call me decibel but I have to login deci6el...zzzzz (snore)

stonemason ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 11:19 PM

"I've always been intrigued by ynsaen...it took me the longest time to figure out what it even was...I thought it was some kind of cryptogram for Nancy...the one day, it kinda hit me like a ton o' bricks and the light when on...hehehehe... " lol,same here,ynsaen gets my vote

Cg Society Portfolio

mylemonblue ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 11:22 PM

I would nominate sixus1 as the coolest screen name. :)

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

SnowSultan ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 11:28 PM

I mostly like names that are fun to say out loud, like pokeydots and papachile. ;) Xurge and Ravnheart are cool too. "Crasspy McTabernacle", LOL SamTherapy...you've sure come up with some original stuff! SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Majesty ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 11:31 PM · edited Tue, 03 January 2006 at 11:40 PM

Oops I did not know this was a nomination thread I will have to get more hooked on phonics and actually read the post that I am replaying to. Hmmm. lets see. I like Airaelda Lisbeth BATLAB karanta forester antje Plus many many others I picked Majesty because I love cats and stuff like that. Plus it is kind of sarcastic in a way I have a sense of humour and I laugh when I see that when I sign in. Now if I can only get inspired to make some art in some way it would be a good thing.
Sweet Regards,
Kari

Message edited on: 01/03/2006 23:40

Shadow_Fyre ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 11:49 PM

I like gothicenchantedangel, it's so creative. Oh, and I think LawnDartLawnDart is kinda cute and funny too. I've always been weezie in RL so I've just stuck with it. I've also gone by sidesadle which I still use occasionally.

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 1:05 AM

blush I'se honored... (and either we become our screen names or our screen names become us --- either way, inthe end, we are who we strive to be) And yes -- it is indeed "insane". The spelling and nickname been with me for a very long time (let's see, since before high school, so over 25 years, lol). And there's the reality of it, as well, LOL Let's see... My favorite names are usually somerhitng intersting that has given me pause or that tells a story. LOL strangely enough, both Stonemanson and Blonderella are two of my faves. I like to see creative, personal names that are somehow related to the individual. For me, though, the dumbest names come from popular culture stuff -- which I realize isn't very fair of me at all, as for some people, being Darth Ixtlpith really is important. Aside from those few, though, some of the other names on my personal top ten list: Igohigh Traveller (who is my "poser god") Ratscloset SamTherapy MrSparky (who I still keep seeing in three different ways) bastblack (intrigues me) The remaining two I'm keeping secret, lol

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Casette ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 1:49 AM

I'm always Casette. In all the places. Only because it was already registered, in deviantArt I add my name: Rafa-Casette My preferred nicknames still not related: Fishnose (makes me laugh) sandmarine

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

quixote ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 2:16 AM

the name blonderella makes me feel dreamy, although I don't quite know how to picture her. :))) SnowSultan and Shadownet are two of my favorite names. Quixote, well I'm a big Don Quixote fan, and I'm much like him in some ways. Most people call me Q. My parents called me another name. Come to think of it few people ever call me by my real name. Wonder what that means. Ah well it's better then U...Hey U! :))

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 3:17 AM

hauksdottir (hawksDaughter) pokeydots Byte_Me_Ok SkoolDaze cooler D'Mentia Fashionably_Late KateTheShrew

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 3:51 AM

ynsaen I am so deflated. I did not want to know. You will still always be YnSa-En to me, the magical queen of a minor island in Earthsea, like Regalk or Ispenwose or some sort. But...i guess you can be insane too! SindeQuaNon (not on this forum) ByteBlues (not on this forum) Acadia (makes me think of the coast of Maine) stewar (because why is it stewar? but I always pay attention to his posts.) Casette (it means a bungalow or small house in Italy) Garree SamTherapy (but I'd like to know the reference) and my son's: gdforlife (game developer for life) ::::: Opera :::::

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 3:54 AM

SnowSultan, Stonemason & pokeydots, those names always put a smile on my face :)

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Xena ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 4:38 AM

Blonderella always makes me think of Pam Anderson LOL I love the name ElorOnceDark. It's got such depth to it. 2 screen name blasts from the past I've always liked are Sinsister and Dedman. Sinister and deadly - yet neither one of them are either ... two of the nicest people you'd want to meet :)

vilian ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 4:53 AM

My favs always were pokeydots, Igohigh, Blonderella (somehow this really brings Ms. Anderson to mind) and SnowSultan (makes me think about Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits). Little_Dragon is cute too, although doesn't sound too original ;) My own "screen name" is a non-existing name I gave one of my RPG characters. She was my fav, and I took her name with me on forums journey ;). I used to go by "Arashi" before, but it's just too popular. And I'm known as "Ruda" (Polish word for red-haired girl) in places where I wasn't able to retrieve password for original account.

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

pokeydots ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 7:15 AM

Quixote ratscloset weezie WilliamtheBloody

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

pokeydots ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 7:17 AM

lol Forgot to say some of my other usernames were from game sites I used mommamoose and now I use porkette

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Casette ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 7:44 AM

Oh, damn. I forgot it. My first nickname in CompuServe was DarkSide Knight. And a long time ago in a forum far, far away, I had over 10 nicknames. The main one was Truf, but also ElOsoSinforoso, CirrusLogic, YonGin, ElDagasKeTeKagass, ...

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

blonderella ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 7:58 AM

I've used the nic blonderella on and off since about 5 years ago...I am blonde, but I'm NO Pam Anderson, honest, I can see my feet! ;P LOL I agree with ynsaen that you can eventually become what you strive to be, and yes, I can be VERY blonde at moments...well quite often, actually...but what does it say about me being drawn to the name ynsaen...hehehe I also like HorseLips and meatpuppet76, from the Terragen gallery...very funny...

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 8:03 AM

I love weezies name....it was the first time i had seen it since my gfs in america called me it.....lol...then I found out our first names are the same therefore thats why she gets it too! I agree with her tho...I love gothicenchantedangel.. and midnightstormwolf is another favourite sn of mine

Nightwind ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 8:32 AM

hmmm... favorite names would have to be kzarah and voodoo, although I do like mutedbanshee too. Geez, hope I spelled all those right.:)

bucketload3D ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 8:33 AM

SnowSultan, stonemason and samildanach are the coolest names I've seen :) though actually most names in Poser forum are unique and very interesting :)

My dumbest nick is actually this one - linda357 :S I am known as kitty5 everywhere else and I don't have a slightest idea what made me choose another nick at the time...

sigh

Are you sure it is impossible to change nicks in here? :D

kitty5
#rendergods

www.Bucketload3d.com - where cool freebies are ~(==^..^)

ratscloset ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 8:54 AM

Well, I am surprised that I made even one person list as a Favorite! I was considering changing it as of the new year, but it was just too complicated at many sites, and I now have a matching E-mail Address, thus it remained. I will have to admit that some of my Favorites are real peoples names. (Jaegar (sp) comes to mind and TPounders, well I believe that is an initial and last name.) The ones that throw me are TrekkieGirl, since she goes by a different name here and then there is MorriganShadow who is the same name, but two different people at various sites! Talk about confusing!

ratscloset
aka John

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 9:04 AM

ooh yeah another fave of mine is voodoomessiah

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 9:09 AM

;) Not really two people. If I'm obnoxious here, Karen'll box my ears :P

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Shadow_Fyre ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 9:19 AM

Oh yes pokeydots, how could I forget WilliamtheBloody, one of my most favorite characters from one of my favorite tv shows! waves to originalkitten

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 9:20 AM

*waves back * :O)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.