Fri, Sep 20, 1:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: sharper images

inonit ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 12:10 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 2:15 PM

I was wondering if there was a technique in Apophysis that people use to get sharper images> I have seen some really clear renders in image galleries but mine always seem a bit on the fuzzy side. I have tried sharpening in postwork, as well as using the gamma, brightness, etc. but it doesn't seem the same? Any helpful tips? Thanks

Mags61 ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 3:03 PM

Have you tried making the triangles just a little bit smaller. If you just do this a really tiny bit you can keep the composition of the flame the same but it does sharpen up the images. Hope this helps.

We don't cease to play because we grow old, we grow old because we cease to play.

tdierikx ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 4:23 PM

Attached Link: http://woosie.net/gallery2/index.php

You can also change your filter radius to a smaller number to make the rendered lines finer... I use 0.2 filter radius myself.

I have Apophysis set up with the following Display settings...

Rendering

Quality = 35
Gamma = 4
Brightness = 4
Vibrancy = 1
Oversample = 2
Filter Radius = 0.2

Preview Density

Low = 5
Medium = 10
High = 15

I also render using the internal renderer with the following settings...

Size = 1280x960
Quality = 1000
Filter Radius = 0.2
Oversample = 2

You can see some of my work at the link above - all were created using the above settings in Apo...

T.

Who? Me?

inonit ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 8:06 PM

Thanks folks things are looking better already! I browsed the woosie gallery also....amazing work! Thanks again =D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.