Thu, Sep 19, 12:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 12:45 pm)

Subject: Poser 6 Glass Figure.... again

VacuousSapient ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 7:14 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:39 PM

file_322289.png

Poser 6

I dread even starting another post on glass figures. I went through several years (back to 4) of posts trying to resolve this. Any suggestions to getting rid of the mouth internals?

I am assuming they are the throat, etc... and not food.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 7:26 AM

2 options :) if you can selest the teeth parts etc, in the pose room, on the parameter dials dialogue thingy click on properties and untick visible. Or in the materials room set the transparency on these parts you want to hide to 1, and the other transparency options to 0 Hope that helps John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 7:33 AM · edited Sat, 28 January 2006 at 7:36 AM

Make the relevant materials (Tongue, InnerMouth, Teeth, Gums) completely transparent and matt
i.e. Transparency = 1.0, Transparency_Edge = 1.0, Transparency_Falloff = 0.0, Specular_Color = black, Specular_Value = 0.0, and Ambient_Value = 0.0

If your not using head morphs you could create a modified OBJ file, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Edited to add:
If your using the P6 figures, you may need to use B/W maps to control Transparency / Specular / Ambient due to them having fewer material zones.

Message edited on: 01/28/2006 07:36

VacuousSapient ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 7:59 AM

file_322290.png

Thanks, I appreciate the help. Here is what I have now. Looks like throat?

VacuousSapient ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 8:12 AM

I have not worked with B/W maps.

VacuousSapient ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 8:15 AM

There seems to be no way of selecting the teeth in the Pose Screen.

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 8:59 AM

I went to the materials area and selected them in the list. Marque

VacuousSapient ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 9:15 AM

Yes, that is not a problem. However, there are no object parameters for teeth, gums, etc... in the properties configuration for making them invisible.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 9:17 AM

That would be the tongue.

rjbourc ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 9:18 AM

To make Jessi into a glass figure, go into the material room and select the "Advanced" view. Select any part of Jessi, and apply the "Null" material from the "Materials/ Sixus1/Toon" folder. Then go up to the right facing arrow in the upper right corner of the preview window, choose "select all" and then "apply to all". You now have an invisible Jessi. Then, using the pull down "Material" menu at the top of the preview window, select the body parts you want to turn into glass and apply your glass material to each. When you render, you may still see some apparent artifacts where portions of the mesh overlap. Her nose, ear and mouth cavities all display this issue. Without remapping her, I have no idea how to eliminate this.

rjbourc ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 9:45 AM

file_322291.png

Here's a quick render using "Glass_1" material and a pair of lights (one front and one behind). Raytraced to make the glass really "pop".

VacuousSapient ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 11:36 AM

rjbourc, Thank you! That worked perfect.... You rock.

VacuousSapient ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 11:44 AM

file_322292.png

fyi, quick export. What are your raytrace bounces set for?

rjbourc ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 12:34 PM

Glad to help. One bounce. With this scene adding more seems not to have much effect.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.