Mon, Sep 23, 3:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:53 pm)

Subject: Casting Shadows

YourFantasyDream ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 5:37 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 7:29 PM

Hi all. I have a problem.... I downloaded the new DAZ/Studio 1.2, and now I cant cast shadows. when the little box comes up that says it casting a shadow map.it giving lights that not there. Has the process changed in the New DAZ? Heeeelp!!!!! PS.. I hate this new version.......lol

artroland ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 7:00 PM

Hmmm. OK. You have Cast Shadows turned on in the lights' parameters, right? Silly question, I know ... but one that has to be asked. Do the particular objects you are trying to cast shadows onto have Cast Shadows enabled in the Parameters? Are you doing a hardware or software render? If hardware, does your video card support shadow maps? Beyond that I would do an install, uninstall and try from there. If that fails, submit a bug report.

YourFantasyDream ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 7:07 PM

Yes, all the casting shadows ar enabled....im rendering from DAZ..so im not sure what you mean by hardware or software rending, do I need to change something in my software setting?

ren_mem ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 7:10 PM

If you do a 3delight render do you have shadows? The opengl preview default is no shadows. With opengl shadows it's iffy anyway. Honestly, I have seen no difference regarding that between this version and beta.

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

YourFantasyDream ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 7:21 PM

Under advance setting it has....Use OpenGl (passes per light 8) And Use software-3Delight,bucket order-Horizontal bucket size 16 Max rayTrace Depth 6 Is this correct?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2006 at 9:01 AM

In the basic tab of the Render Settings dialogue, drag the slider at the top all the way to the right to do a 3Delight (software) render.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.