Mon, Sep 23, 8:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Is It Possible To Uninstall the Latest Update?

Irish ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2006 at 6:03 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 6:14 PM

I've tried it and do not like it...renders don't look good at all!!!

Tried different settings but even Ultra looks rough.

Is it possible to uninstall just the update?

Vue 5 Infinite

:)

Message edited on: 02/01/2006 18:04

RemcoVANMERM ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2006 at 6:32 PM

should be possible. I think it says something about that in the manual. if I remember it correctly, go to the file menu and select updat->remove last update. not sure if thats it, but the manual probably says something about it.

iloco ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2006 at 6:47 PM

Every time I use the roll back to last known update I get an error. Don't know if its been fixed yet or not. Proably not. :)

ïÏøçö

Trelawney ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2006 at 7:38 PM

Hi Irish

Could you say what exactly renders worse than before - do you have a specific example you can give for comparison please?

I believe if you can't roll back from inside Vue, you can re-install a previous update which you can find on the Vue Updates page after the current 5.09.

Kind regards

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2006 at 10:14 PM

Attached Link: http://www.lynescreations.com/vue5help.htm

I gave up and uninstalled AFTER I put my content in a safe place (but STILL had to enter the serial numbers for all my extra veg's again)... but the rollback device they give you (with 8, anyway) did NOT work... I am now waiting patiently for the bugs to be gotten out of 9...I am happily using 5.7 update version. I also has to learn what render settings they changed the settings for, create my own that would then be both fast and SMOOTH (not grainy!)... if anyone is interested I have screen shots posted both at Cornucopia and at my site. Link is to the slide show of tips at my own site.

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

martial ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 4:25 AM

I have installed last update.I did two renders yesterday night from previous scenes.Everything was ok in rendering.What exactly is your rendering problem?

Irish ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 9:18 AM

It's rendering very grainy...I am redoing with Lyne's settings to see if that helps any but so far, it doesn't really look much better. Will wait until it's totally finished and will keep you updated. Thanks for everyone's comments and tips! :)

Irish ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 10:14 AM

file_323485.jpg

Here is a crop from 80% anti-aliased image which is 1024x768 - as you can see, the water is very grainy. This is Vue water - no settings changed.

I am using Lyne's settings from her message above - I tried before with my own settings that I have used continuously before but it looked even worse.

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 10:33 AM

Irish there is something wrong that is not the update. I have rendered a few pics with the last update and go some good renders. I would send the scene to tech and let them see where your problem is. Maybe you got something corrupted when you updated. I would download the update again and rerun it and see what happens. Can you send the scene to me and let me see what happens with it on my computer using the last update that is now a final. Let me know and can give you either email or server info for uploading if you want me to give it a try. :)

ïÏøçö

Irish ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 10:45 AM

Iloco, you could be right. When I opened Vue, it automatically downloaded the update - closed and then opened again, but it said file was corrupted. I then went to E-on and downloaded the update, and have had problems ever since. Maybe I should just start all over LOL!! This #$# is still rendering - now at 85% which seems dreadfully slow to me. I'll see what it looks like finished - would send it but I have items in it you may not have from Daz (tree, flowers). If it doesn't look good (finished render), I am going to uninstall and start over. Thanks though for your offer! :)

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 11:04 AM

Ok Irish I didn't know what you had in the scene. :) I think its best to uncheck using the auto update and do it manualy. I read where someone else had a problem with the auto updater and it was found to be corrupt when using. It is suppose to be fixed in next update. :) Its a shame you have to reinstall and start over.

ïÏøçö

sirrick ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 11:25 AM

I've found that the "uninstall last update" very seldom works properly for me. Prior to installing an update, I save the entire "application" folder to my desktop, install the update and if there's a problem I simply restore the "application" folder and all is back the way it was before installing the update. I used the auto update feature this time and 280618 installed without a problem. Haven't thoroughly checked it out though.

Trelawney ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 11:28 AM

I agree with Iloco - it's a pity you're having trouble with the updater as the 5.09 is probably one of the biggest step forwards with Vue in sorting out issues and improving overall performance. I'd also heard from Tech Support that one updater did have 2 bytes corrupted but that's apparently been addressed now. Fingers crossed, and let us know if we can help you any further. Kind regards

Irish ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 12:03 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1148635&Start=1&Artist=Irish&ByArtist=Yes

Well, my image finally finished rendering and I've posted in the gallery...it looks a little better and not so grainy but still not as it should be.

I am definately doing an uninstall at this point but wanted you to see the final render.

Thanks for all your help! It's really appreciated.

Trelawney ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 12:51 PM

Hi Irish First of all - lovely image! >8o) I'm trying to understand if you're saying that using 5.08 the scene with identical settings render's better than in 5.09 (do you have a before/after comparison you could use to demonstrate to Tech Support, or if you're saying that you would just like Vue to render it better anyway? When you say your scene uses no Lights - are you using a HDR / IBL image to light the scene? Would increasing the Camera Exposure help, or Boost the Lighting Quality or AA Quality? Just some thoughts off the top of my head. >8o) Kind regards

Irish ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 1:26 PM

The file is corrupt so I cannot even try it again :( I tried to uninstall the update through Vue but it said my files were corrupted, so I uninstalled Vue entirely and installed it again, then added the new update which I manually downloaded at E-on. I used the user settings that Lyne shows in her message, so basically just boosted the lighting intensity 100%. Moving on now to something else!! Thanks again! :) Irene

GPFrance ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 4:47 PM

Hello, Irish - fine image !

I am not quite sure, if there is something wrong with the render of the water...
Could those "grainy" things on the water surface
be rippled reflections of the flowers ?
The flowers are brighter than their background,
so they'd show in reflexion,
as do the rocks, rippled, too (left side of image).
Or is it my glasses ?

Irish ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 6:11 PM

Well I guess we will never know now, will we LOL!! Anyhow, since doing a clean reinstall, it is working much better...time will tell. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.