Sat, Sep 21, 6:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: DITI Time

LostPatrol ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 10:07 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:43 AM

file_329906.jpg

Almost forgot Monday is DITI day I thought this might be interesting! Have fun Simon

The Truth is Out There

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 11:17 AM

file_329907.jpg

Great image to work with Simon! Way to start us off! Here is my first treatment. Psuedo IR look, some sepia toning, and other corrective adjustments. Fun!!!

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Onslow ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 11:31 AM

file_329909.jpg

OK I just had a quick go at it add a bit more drama - A Boat, A boat ! My kingdom for a boat ! :D

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

Onslow ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 11:49 AM

Nice one Kort, the sky has turned out good there, and a dramatic light for the castle :) (see you suffered from the sharpening too) Thx for the image to play with Simon :)

Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 11:50 AM

file_329910.jpg

Cool IR-effect Kort, and yours is pretty dramatic indeed Richard. Love the mist. Heres my little attempt. These threads are fun!!!! #:oD

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 11:52 AM · edited Mon, 27 February 2006 at 11:53 AM

Yeah...a little suffering from the JPEG compression. Very common with the skys when doing my IR conversion - Channel mix can be touchy. Love your rendition...I've gotta get me that flood filter! =] Hey Andreas, we crossed AGAIN! ;] Love your dusky take on this one, esp. the birds flying in the background. Gives it that haunted castle kind of feel. =]

Message edited on: 02/27/2006 11:53

Onslow ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 11:53 AM

I like that one Andreas - great light and colours :)

Edward Lear

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 11:55 AM

Thanks guys! MAS4EVA!!! #:oD

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 12:59 PM

file_329911.jpg

I caught the mirroring bug last week...can't seem to shake it... ;]

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 1:05 PM

LOL! I had the exact same idea in mind but i only had 15 minutes to spend so i never bothered. You really did a great job on this one Kort!!! #:O)

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 1:07 PM

Thanks a million my t-shirt toting MAS buddy! =] I amost went even larger, but restrained myself. ;P

kimariehere ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 2:35 PM · edited Tue, 28 February 2006 at 3:02 AM

i really love all of yours i dont have allot of time today busy with kids stuff but heres a real quick on i just did ...

kimmers ♥ :O)

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 2:42 PM

I could have sworn i got an ebot saying Kimmie replied...where did ya go girl? Join the fun. #:O)

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 2:45 PM

Ah...there it is. #:oD Neat job Kimmie, really cool looking!

Andreas

Mystic Pic

kimariehere ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 2:45 PM

file_329912.jpg

Really love all of yours i dont have alot of time today busy with kids stuff today ( hey we just did a castle for a school project my whole kitchen table is a big pile of glue paper and crafts right now!! but heres a real quick one i just did ... i love this new fun diti !!!! oh i am back just had to fix something on this ....and hey yeah Andreas yours is my fav... ;o)

gradient ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 2:52 PM

Awesome versions so far! No time for me to play now...maybe later...

In youth, we learn....with age, we understand.

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 3:21 PM

Wow.So many interesting takes on this. Love the IR of Kort's and the scope of the mirrored one ,the mystical look of Richard's,the fire of Kimmie's but most of all the atmo of Andreas'. What a wonderful idea this DITI thing is. Maybe if I ever finish one of my own I can try one,lol. ;^)

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 3:26 PM

Did you repost Kimmie? AGAIN? I make even less sense in my replies now...sigh. #:o/ Oooh....and thanks by the way, both to you and Marlene. #:O)

Andreas

Mystic Pic

gradient ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 5:15 PM

file_329913.jpg

Not much time to play...so here's a quickie!

LostPatrol ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 5:38 PM

Some excellent work here, post work never been my strong point, so dont have a clue how much of this has been achieved. Even the more basic stuff like cloning out that dull fence is complicated for me lol

The Truth is Out There

gradient ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 6:57 PM

file_329914.jpg

Ok, here's my second and final one....always wanted a castle for one of my Terragen renders...LOL!

kimariehere ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 7:18 PM

file_329915.jpg

sorry i turned your castle into a rug hehe ... oops! LOL

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 7:38 PM

That is way cool Kimmers, how'd ya do that? And Gradient...that TG render is so cool with the castle in there like that...gallery worthy! Your other one kicks @$$ too! So much great stuff here, go guys shine. I was thinking the original idea of DITI might be to just work with the material in the photo, but now I see that it pays off creatively when you see what others combine your work with. I'm looking forward to giving it a go next week, man, what shall I do??? From the subtle to the overt, all of these images ROCK!

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 7:52 PM

file_329916.jpg

I learn something NEW with ever DITI! This is just too freakin' fun!

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 7:58 PM · edited Mon, 27 February 2006 at 7:59 PM

BTW...you peeps are churin' out some FANTASTIC work here! Really INSPIRING stuff!

Message edited on: 02/27/2006 19:59

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 9:15 PM

file_329917.jpg

You folks are way ahead of me! yIKES!

kimariehere ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 10:02 PM

kort asked how i made it into a rug well, i took out my rug hook and gathered the colors and worked all day ....uhmm uh, dont believe me ? ok , i reduced it mirrored it then cylendered it then rippled it then framed it twice after clarifing, sharpening and saturating it as well as unsharpened mask think that about covers it .. get it covers it ? hmm have to find a cozy spot for it next to the fireplace..

TwistedMindDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 10:11 PM

file_329918.jpg

Hey guys, am I too late.... I wanna play too!

Even if you choose not to choose, you still have made a choice

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 10:17 PM

twistedmind...this is super! Love it.

TwistedMindDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 10:34 PM · edited Mon, 27 February 2006 at 10:34 PM

It was a quick inspiration... I threw it together in about 10 minuets.

Message edited on: 02/27/2006 22:34

Even if you choose not to choose, you still have made a choice

nongo ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 10:44 PM

file_329919.jpg

I just love to play with colors & textures, heres my creation... ;)

gradient ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 12:17 AM

TwistedMind, that is too cool!....Love it! Some really creative work here....it's neat to see how everyone melds the image with their ideas.

kimariehere ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 12:51 AM

Twisted mind that ROCKS cool how it falls apart out of your hands .. love it!!! WOW!!!

UKmac ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 12:56 AM

file_329920.jpg

OK, try again to post Mmmmm. I really enjoyed doing this but not enough time. Anyway here's mine. Simon you will know where the background is!! Great work everyone.... Steve

Margana ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 1:17 AM

Wow...the stuff here just gets better and better!It's so great to see the way different people can take an image and make it unique and their own. Just makes me so happy to have 'discovered' digital photography and PS. Even more impressive,is the number of you who say,'it's just a quickie' or 'I only had a few minutes'... To do even HALF the stuff I've seen here,would take me the better part of a day...and the other half is simply out of my realm at present...so it's very inspiring for me to see all of this. So all I can say is,fabulous work everyone...This DITI idea is one of the best at RR's forum yet.Thanks.-M :^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 2:59 AM

file_329921.jpg

These are just excellent one above. What else could be done.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Onslow ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 3:27 AM

These are all fabulous interpretations from one image. Fascinating and inspiring. I do have a suggestion: How do people feel about giving a brief description of how they arrived at their final image. This would then help others, and turn this into a learning experience which would be useful on many levels for personal development in photography. Just to see how others have varied and used the light is useful in itself, but to have an insight into how this has been achieved will help in bringing out those qualities in other images. I am not suggesting a lengthy tutorial on each, just a brief description, then if someone wants to know more they can ask and maybe develop it in another thread. Without this it seems in some places to be a mixed medium gallery, with it I believe it would be a real asset to photography where people could use the skills learnt to develop their own photographic images. [I am happy to explain what I did though I won't add it to this posting to avoid raising a second subject in the same post.]

Edward Lear

Margana ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 3:48 AM

Richard...that would be wonderful...especially to someone like me. I only just learned about the highlights/shadows thing in PS,because someone recently used it on a pic of Doug's... So I learn from these things. Thank you for championing us 'little' guys... :^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

Onslow ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 3:54 AM

Description for #3 post above. I wanted to create a mystical type atmosphere. Create duplicate layer, twice. Filled first duplicate with sky colour. Used Flood plug in from 'Flaming Pear'. 2nd background copy used flood filter again. Added masks to layers. Erased all but the castle and reflection from top layer. Added layer twice - rendered with PS clouds filter. Changed first cloud layer to screen blend, 2nd to multiply. Adjusted levels etc. for final result.

Edward Lear

Margana ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 4:17 AM

Only a month ago that would have been like Chinese to me...LOL. Thank you.

Marlene <")

My Blog

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 9:27 AM

I saved the original, then made it into a bmp. Selected the sky and changed one to black and one to white.Transferred it into Bryce and created a terrain to use it in. Made some changes to transparent out the windows.Added a few more terrains and brought it back into PSP where I did some work with the Wacom tablet. Was just a quick one, and I havent used Bryce for so long I am forgetting.Then into Potoshop for some highlights and shadows.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Margana ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 11:49 AM

And thank you,too,Doug...but with bryce and all,you are definately in Chinese territory!LOL! Still,it's fun to know. :^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 12:11 PM · edited Tue, 28 February 2006 at 12:15 PM

file_329922.jpg

I am blown away by these interpretations, WOW! Keep them coming gang! I described by process for #2, sort of. In #9, I copied the layer, deleted the sky mirrored the image, cut the right turrent in half then re-mirrored the image, added some more room at the top, inserted my own sky and did some other minor touch-ups.

Sorry, as long as I was explaining...I just HAD to post another version. I cut the wall out from the original image, deleted the window glass (both of these feathering the edges 1 pixel), adjusted the color and copied it onto one of my own sky images. So many possibilities with this one image! =] Thanks Andreas! =]

Message edited on: 02/28/2006 12:15

Zacko ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 12:14 PM

OOOH!!! This is way cool Kort!!! Brilliant idea my friend. #:o)

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Mayliah ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 12:16 PM

These are really incredible variations of a single photo. So now, I must ask a silly question, having not been around in a while..what is DITI Time, exactly? :) Please forgive my ignorance!

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 12:24 PM

"Do It To IT" Time. Letting someone else play with your photo. We started it last week, with an image Doug provided. We were doing it informally for a week or two before that, but decided to make it a formal forum thing. ;]

LostPatrol ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 3:07 PM

Wow this has been popular Yes Steve I know that island, there was a different castle there last time I looked lol TwistedMindDesigns, that is way neat. Ah Kort, now I know why you wanted a big image, Kort cheated btw boys and girls and asked for a full size image lol Very nicely done, really like the idea, tried something similar myself. Really like the mood Andreas created too, Took a peek at Gradients gallery version, the cattle is a great addition to it. Many others also so good so sorry if I have not mentioned yours, just not enough time. They are all excellent and very inspirational, looks like I have a lot of learning to do LOL

The Truth is Out There

Zacko ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 3:35 PM

KOOOOORT!!! YOU CHEATER YOUUUUUUU!!!!! LOL! It does make things easier having the option to work with a high-res shot. Thanks by the way Simon, im glad ya liked it. #:O)

Andreas

Mystic Pic

LostPatrol ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 3:50 PM

I was going to add a full size image to my web space for people to d/l, but I just didnt hve time to do it to it lol If I get another go at starting a DITI thread I will upload a full sise one too.

The Truth is Out There

LostPatrol ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 3:56 PM

Richard thanks for the explanation. I got the flood filter just last week, but I need to play with it some more before I can make it do what I want lol. Thanks also to all those that posted an explanation of their P/W and everyone that has had a play. As I have already said. Some of this kind of post work isnt my strong point, so I have found this quite inspirational (oh no watch out gallery lol)

The Truth is Out There

gradient ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 6:57 PM · edited Tue, 28 February 2006 at 7:00 PM

DITI #19;

1. Created a new canvas
  2. Merged two old sky shots of mine on that canvas
  3. Selected the Castle only from the original image, copied it, then pasted it into the sky canvas, then position
  4. Flattened image
  5. Used selection tool to create two separate sun rays, feathered selections, then used levels to lighten up the selection creating the suns rays across the sky and the castle.
  6. Adjusted curves
  7. Added border...done!

DITI #21

1. Used my original Terragen image as the base
  2. Pasted in the Castle only, reversed (Important to match shadows with the sun!)resized and positioned
  3. Pasted in another copy of the castle, resized and narrowed it, removed the lower window, some cloning to remove and match with the first section.
  4. Copied a piece of the second "narrow" castle, postioned it on the side, used the perspective tool and repositioned to give the 3D effect...also made this side darker as it is in the shade.
  5. Merge all castle layers, then use curve adjustment to suit
  6. Finally copied a piece of the Terragen "rock" and placed it at the right side edge of the castle.
  7. Used the burn tool to darken a small path along the terrain from the castle door to the water...Done!

Message edited on: 02/28/2006 19:00

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.