Fri, Sep 20, 2:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: How serious is your wishlist ?

KymJ ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 10:03 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:34 AM

I imagine that a lot of merchants use their wishlist reports to determine what to put on sale...makes sense but I'm not convinced that it really works.

In a lot of cases, maybe adding an item to your wishlist is an impulse thing that is just "filed away for future reference" and then forgotten about until and unless you get an ebot telling you that the product is on sale. But...are you actually getting an ebot ? Do you read it and go back to see if you really still want it or do you just think "sheesh, here they come again" and delete the ebot ? LOL.

As a merchant, I have no control over those ebots and rely on Renderosity to send them out when I put a product on sale and I've just started putting individual products on sale as a monthly special since the revamping of the MP but I have to say that honestly, using my wishlist reports as a guide is pretty much a waste of time.

I always post promo/sale images in the Product Showcase Forum and in the Gallery too so it's not like I don't put my best "promo foot" forward so I'm now asking...where are all those "wishlisters" hiding ? :)

'Tis a bit of a mystery :)

STORE:
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=KymJ
GALLERY:
www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=KymJ

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 10:13 AM

Depends what you mean by "serious". ;) I often put things in my wishlist so I can find them again, in a sort of "may be useful one day" kind of way. I wouldn't necessarily buy one of them immediately just because it went on sale; it would depend on other factors. However, if I get a coupon or something that I feel like 'spending', then my wishlist is where I'm going to go to choose what to buy. Some products in there are never going to be bought, however. As an example, I have two versions of one product in my wishlist - the basic one, and the all-singing version. I'll choose which one to buy when the time comes and delete the other. And for some products, I eventually realise that I'll never actually use whatever it is and delete it from the wishlist un-bought. HTH

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 10:14 AM

Personally I put stuff on my wishlist because I want to get it at some point. Sometimes like recently I will maybe ask a merchant a question about the item before making that final decision to buy. I did that recently with an item I was going to buy when my funds allow me in a couple of weeks time on my Birthday. I asked the merchant a question, he/she read it and promptly ignored the question and hasn't bothered replying. If merchants want to sell then they should respond in a timely manner to queries. This particular merchant will be off my wishlist from now on! And before I get flamed, I would also like to say that 99% of merchants I've asked questions of have responded and been more than happy and willing to offer good advice on their products. OK, turned into a rant but yes, What's on my wishlist is what I want to buy when funds allow!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Phantast ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 10:33 AM

I don't get ebots when items on my (extensive) wishlist are on sale. I very seldom buy a product the first time I see it. Usually I will wishlist it, and then every so often I will decide I feel like buying some new stuff and I'll review the list to see what I want most. Sometimes I put things on the wishlist to keep an eye on them to see if they go on sale. Sometimes I put things on the wishlist because I think I might need tham at some future point, but not now, so it acts as a reference. Sometimes I then take them off again. Sometimes I DON'T put an item on my wishlist because it's by a favorite vendor whose stock I review every so often as a matter of course. But it is a fact that if an item on my list goes on sale, I'm more likely to buy it - or at least review it as to whether I really want it.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 10:40 AM

Like many people here, I never buy stuff right away. I pop it on the wishlist and wait for a time to spend, or until I have a use for it. I also don't spend in small doses so I will pop the item I need into my cart and then I add up other items on the wishlist until it hits around $30 total purchase price. With me, I have never HAD to have an item immediately. I normally buy things on Monday at DAZ (before the sale ends) or whenever at other places. Sometimes I get the item going on sale messages and I check it out, see if I need it, sometimes remember why I didn't buy it yet (things marked PC only etc) and then delete the item notification. But if it goes on sale I am definately more likely to hit the store or buy it.

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 11:11 AM
Online Now!

When I place an item in my wishlist, it's because (1) it's beautiful, a work of digital art which I hope to be able to afford one day, but which I don't critically need for the genre I normally create in; or (2) it's something I need but don't have the budget for right now, or don't need immediately but sometime soon.

Eternal Hobbyist

kiru ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 11:37 AM

I've got one thing on my list and it was outdated from years ago. I gues I don't use it, but I think I will start using it again to track stuff I want to buy eventually.

KymJ ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 11:52 AM

Well so far, the responses have pretty much been as I thought and all makes perfect sense. At least a couple of you have said that you do get an ebot to let you know that an item is on sale and whether you act on it or not is decided on a number of factors...all of which seem perfectly normal to me :) It's nice to know that the ebots are actually going out LOL. fixer...any merchant who ignores an existing or a potential customer is very foolish. People talk behind the scenes as well as out in the forums and whilst there may be no mention of names in public, I am certain that human nature being what it is, naming a merchant privately can do just as much damage. Reputation is everything and it takes a long time to rebuild a damaged one, even if you can :) I've never really been convinced that the wishlist report paths were paved with gold so you've really just confirmed the fact that I'm not quite as silly as I thought I might have been LOL. Kym

STORE:
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=KymJ
GALLERY:
www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=KymJ

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 11:52 AM

I put things in my Wish list to make it easier to find them later. Generally if I don't purchase them in the next few days, I will end up deleting them from my list. The E-mails of On Sale haven't ever caused me to buy something from my Wish List. Cheers DR

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

genny ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 11:58 AM

I just to see where this goes?

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 12:14 PM

It's not, at least anymore. I went and deleted the entire contents of my wishlist yesterday because I'm tired of the emails telling me when something goes on sale in my wishlist. I didn't get those before the MP changes and I don't want them now, but now there seems to be no way of turning off that feature, other than not having anything in your wishlist.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

dlfurman ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 12:24 PM

If its there, I want it. But the merchant wants the $$$$! I'd like to give it to them, but you cannot give what you dont have... :( Occasionally, I go through and cull some items out, but for the most part if its there I want it.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

microfino ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 12:26 PM

My wishlist is serious. It usually starts off as the 'too many thungs in the cart' problem. I put everything I like in my cart first, then go through the cart and put back what I don't feel I really need, and then the items I know I wil revisit I place in my wishlist. Next I look over my wishlist and usually put an item from it on my current cart and make the buy. If I had knowledge of specific items on my wishlist being on sale I would certainly buy more from it!

vilian ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 12:26 PM

My wishlist is there just in case someone would like to purchase something for me. I have no options to do this by myself (no cc/PayPal).

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 12:28 PM

My wishlist is of things I really want, I do eventually get about a 20%-25% maybe given my modest disposable income but when the list gets long I purge the whole thing and let it build up again. I try to be ruthless about adding things but I would certainly spend money if I had it. I very often wait to buy stuff on my wishlist until I get a sale notice that spurs me to finally make the purchase. I used to use my public list when it was sub-totaled separately in the old store design to set things on the "short list" for imminent purchase... kinda used it to sort planned purchases.

deljs ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 12:36 PM

A wishlist is essentially just a bookmark to me.

However, I have never gotten an ebot/email informing me of a sale. If I had, and the sale price was decent, I would probably buy more stuff.
On the other hand, if I was getting flooded by ebots, as Acadia, I would probably trim my list way back or ditch the whole thing anyway.

Getting people to part with their money isn't easy. :-)

destro75 ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 12:36 PM · edited Thu, 02 March 2006 at 12:38 PM

I would buy every single item in my wishlist if I had the money to do so. I think for the most part, almost everyone who wishlists an item would buy it if they had the cash for it. And yes, I get the e-bots. ALL THE TIME. I just delete them now, since they annoy me to no end.

Message edited on: 03/02/2006 12:38

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 12:40 PM

Some things I put on my wishlist, waiting for it either go go on sale or waiting for a coupon. I have a lot in my wishlist that ended there because of the "Wow COOL!" value when I first saw it, but for some reason, when I DO have a coupon and wants to spend it, I often think" Yeah, cool.. but not as necessary as [insert new item]" Some merchants IMO abuse the sales feature, there are some who seem to have a sale every two weeks. The only thing that means to me is that I will NEVER buy a full priced item from that merchant (would be foolish bcause in a week or so, it's on sale for the 6543766473 time) - and I also tend to get a little annoyed at the merchant for "spammiing" me with sales ebots... But I ALSO use my wishlist in case some kind soul should want to buy me a present, so things on my wishlist are all something I would actually LIKE to have.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

kathym ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 12:48 PM

Everything on my wishlist I REALLY REALLY want. Nothing ever gets there because "i kinda sorta like it". I find myself asking "how many times can i use this" before it makes it to the list. Unfortunately - i can't afford anything on my wish list right now since I am an unemployed stay-at-home mom. sigh Someday they'll make it to my cart and into my runtime folder .... But, my point is - if i had money to spend my wish list would revolve like a revolving door. And I'm got against having the stuff on it gifted to me either. Hint Hint. lol

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 3:22 PM

My wishlist is serious, serious money! Serious money I do not have currently, but serious all the same. I use the Wishlist as a holding spot for items I find and I want, but can not afford. I cull it every now and again all the while adding to it.

ratscloset
aka John

Jimdoria ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 3:42 PM

I forget - are the pre-MP wishlists ever coming back? I had a wishlist in the old MP. When I saw all the message board traffic about problems with them disappearing, I figured I'd just stay away from mine until Bondware got it all settled. Just went back today and it's empty. Not personally a problem, since I migrated all the stuff I really wanted to my del.icio.us wishlist anyway, but I'd still like to know if it's coming back. - Jimdoria ~@>@

• Jimdoria  ~@>@

pigfish9 ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 4:53 PM

My wish list is a combination of things I wanted but couldn't afford at the time and things I'd like to have but cost more than I'm ready to pay yet. I usually end up buying about 75% of what goes in there--usually at birthdays, Christmas, big sales, etc. I got the sale e-bots before the marketplace changed and I still get them. For me, they are effective because I often go purchase the item when it goes on sale--particularly if a merchant puts their whole store on sale and I have several of their items on my wish list.

Neyjour ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 5:41 PM

My wish list is split up into two parts: Public = The things I really want and would buy immediately if I could afford to. I make those public, not just for my own reference when I have the cash to spend, but also in case anyone decides to buy something for me. Private = The things that I'm not too eager for at the moment, for various reasons, but wouldn't mind having at some point in the future. Every few months or so, when I have the time (my wish list is huge!), I revise and cull my list. I always end up deleting a lot of items from my Private list, and ocassionally move one or two things up to my Public. And usually several from my Public list are moved down in priority to the Private one. It's an ever-changing thing depending on which characters I'm currently using the most, and more importantly, which genre I'm obsessed with at the moment (Sci-Fi, Gothic, or Fantasy). :) I just delete all the "On Sale" ebots I receive. I find them a bit annoying, but with Gmail it's not too bad because when they come in they're all automatically grouped together in one thread. I sure wish the same would happen for all the "New Image" notifications. I have so many artists on my favourites list that some mornings when I open email my inbox is literally flooded with them. I just can't keep up! LOL! :D

"You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 7:15 PM

I personally have EJ and all her perhipheral's in my wishlist. Until I finally break down and buy EJ, I don't need or really want to hear about all the sales on her clothes I get everytime they go on sale. Now if I got an ebot saying SHE was on sale, that might be a whole different story.

RobbyBobby ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2006 at 7:47 AM

My wishlist is huge, but very serious. Unfortunately, I have a limited amount of money to spend at any given time, so, when I do have it to spend, I go to the wishlist. One of these days, I'm going to add up all the money that I've spent here, at DAZ and at Poser Pros and I'm going to pass out.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2006 at 8:22 AM

Quick! Pass the Poser Smelling Salts!

Neyjour ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2006 at 3:27 PM

((One of these days, I'm going to add up all the money that I've spent here, at DAZ and at Poser Pros and I'm going to pass out.)) Ditto to that! LOL!! :D

"You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.