Fri, Jul 5, 10:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 01 5:58 pm)

Subject: Using Apophysis 1.01 files in 2.0

vikinglady ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 9:14 PM · edited Sat, 28 October 2023 at 12:42 PM

I am searching for information on using v1.01 Apophysis saved files in v2.02. Have not installed v2.02 because of this dilemma. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, VikingLady

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 10:58 PM

I frequently generate batches in version 1 and then close it, open v.2 and pick up the Rand.fla file to process them. You will find it in Program Files/Apophysis (be sure to search with 'all files') HTH ~Vivian

Fractals will always amaze me!

vikinglady ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 11:08 PM

Good, Thanks, will try that. The worry remaing is of v.2 trying to overwrite v.1. Any suggestions?

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 1:24 AM · edited Tue, 21 March 2006 at 1:24 AM

The default installation of Apo 2 is Program Files/Apophysis 2, so there is no worry there at all.

Message edited on: 03/21/2006 01:24

Fractals will always amaze me!

Rykk ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 7:09 AM

I've tried to use Apo 1 files in Apo 2.02c a few times and was able to get them reasonably correct. I did note that, when opened in 2.02c, they seemed grainier and were sometimes zoomed/positioned differently. Also, since Apo 1 never "remembered" the gradient used when you saved the flame, Apo 2.02c would usually open them with the first gradient in the "stock" ones that came with Apo 1 - the light blue and white one with some tan. "Nude Sunbather", or something like that it was called. It was nothing that you couldn't fix, though, so long as you remember which grad was used. Mine are mostly "landscaping" flames I've exported to UF, so I can always open the Gradient Editor and see which one I used. Hmmm......nude......sunbather.......high 2day to be 84 degF...........must find binoculars and sneak up to Canaveral National Seashore! lol Rick

Richardphotos ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 9:22 PM

Apophysis of any version does not overwrite any files. the only thing needed to be deleted is the exe file in programs so the 2.03c version will take it's place. I always store parameter files somewhere besides the Apo' folder and make cds on a regular basis

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.