Fri, Jul 5, 10:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 01 5:58 pm)

Subject: Welcome to the Fractal Forum

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 9:42 PM ยท edited Tue, 31 October 2023 at 1:14 PM

Hi everyone, Barb and I would like to welcome you to the new Fractal Forum! I'm sure the next few days will be puzzling and exciting as we all explore the new gadgets. Have fun and tell us how you feel about it! ~Vivian :a_grin:

Fractals will always amaze me!

vikinglady ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 10:25 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

๐Ÿ†’ Will be holding back the issues I found. Have already discussed them in the open chat with a Mod. They are wait and see issues.:mellow: :m_wave: VikingLady

TonyYeboahIsMyGod ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 12:12 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

๐Ÿ˜  :biggrin: :blink: ๐Ÿ˜Š :blushing: :bored: :closedeyes: ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ†’ :crying: :cursing: ๐Ÿคค :glare: :huh: :laugh: :lol: :mad: :mellow: :ohmy: :rolleyes: :sad: :scared: :sleep: ๐Ÿ˜„ :sneaky: ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘ :thumbupboth: :tongue1: :tongue2: :tt1: :tt2: :unsure: ๐Ÿ˜‰ :woot: :wub: :b_angry: :b_bashful: :b_blush: :b_confused: :b_cool: :b_crying: :b_drool: :b_funny: :b_grin: :b_lipssealed: :b_nervous: :b_overwhelmed: :b_rolleyes: :b_sad: :b_scared: :b_shocked: :b_sleeping: :b_smile: :b_stunned: :b_sweat: :b_tired: :b_tonguewink: :b_toocool: :b_unbelievable: :b_uncertain: :b_upset: :a_angry: :a_blush: :a_cool: :a_cry: :a_footmouth: :a_grin: :a_halo: :a_kiss: :a_lipssealed: :a_moneymouth: :a_sad: :a_shocked: :a_smile: :a_tired: :a_tongue: :a_wink: :m_angry: :m_bawling: :m_blush: :m_bouncy: :m_cigar: :m_confused: :m_confused2: :m_coolgrin: :m_coolsmirk: :m_cry: :m_drool: :m_eyelashes: :m_fit: :m_grin: :m_handshake: :m_heart: :m_hide: :m_hot: :m_laugh: :m_lecture: :m_letdown: :m_licklips: :m_peace: :m_pig: :m_redfaced: :m_sad: :m_sadblink: :m_scared: :m_shhh: :m_shocked: :m_shy: :m_skull: :m_sleep: :m_sleepy: :m_smile: :m_tear: :m_temper: :m_think: :m_thoughtful: :m_thumbd: :m_thumbu: :m_tired: :m_tongue::m_tongue2: :m_toocool: :m_wave: :m_whine: :m_wink: Am I the only person on the internet that hates these fuckers? :ohmy: 'Smileys', guaranteed to turn adults into 5 year olds. :tt2: That's quite some tongue action he's got... I can't login because i'm a fuckwit and i've forgotten my password again. If anyone knows my password then post it for me. Cheers.

I'm not saying you're ugly, but locked away in an attic somewhere there is a painting of you getting better looking by the minute.

aartika ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 5:22 PM

I guess change is always a little unsettling. Certainly the forum seems to be a bit faster than before, but, some minor irritations .. (steps up into Grumpy Old Woman mode expressing her true feelings, albeit in a somewhat trivial nature ...) Personally I hate that bland mushroom background colour - in the galleries and old forum I have a nice black background - indeed have the choice to have whichever colour scheme I choose, which I like, a lot - but here it must be sea green and mushroom, which I don't like at all - at least I would like the option to change it, if that were at all possible? Also - the smilies - they are TOO BIG, TOO MANY and they MOVE ABOUT TOO MUCH.. I wouldn't go so far as to get rid of them, but just keep them to a handful of small, stationary but expressive ones would be just hunky dory .. and the avatars - they are TOO BIG as well and they also MOVE TOO MUCH .. Also the search thing is far too complicated - indeed it took me about five minutes to actually fnd the search thing, and I would like the search by user post reinstated as that was a really useful function. The fact that a handful of members chose to abuse that function to harrass other members indicates a problem with the personality of that handful, and not an inherent problem in the structure of the forum. sorry - that's probably enough being grumpy for now ;-)

aartika! fractal art by Tina Oloyede :ย  http://www.aartika.co.uk

aartika ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 5:23 PM

oh - and where are all my line breaks gone?

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 5:43 PM

I know that change is difficult.ย  I was going through the same thing!ย  My forums are now on a deep purple background!ย ย  You need to find a good CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) and insert it in the spot on your Options page.ย  Here is a link to the Community Center forum where they are discussing the matter.

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2641863

As for the smilies and avatars...I think we are stuck with them :a_sad:ย ย ย  Maybe someone will find a way to write a block in the CSS for them.

I hope that helps.

ย 

~Vivian

aartika ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 1:17 AM

Thanks Vivian - I hadn't seen that in the options thing. It also gives you the option to switch smilies and avatars off, and to allow other members to search for your own posts. So that's all my gripes dealt with :-) Tina feeling less grumpy this morning ;-)

aartika ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 1:19 AM

apart from the line breaks, that is ... for some reason the text I write od all put into one paragraph.

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 1:32 AM

How very strange.ย  I just type as usual and it does word wrapping as always.ย  If I hit the enter key, I get a new paragraph.

I need to figure out now why some of the writing is in black and some in white, lol!

I'm glad most of your problems are alleviated.ย  Maybe you should go and post a query on the Community Center forum.ย  They seem a helpful group.

~Vivian

aartika ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 2:38 AM ยท edited Wed, 12 April 2006 at 2:53 AM

Here is a style sheet I find a bit more pleasing.

The cellpadding isn't qute right, but I find it better than before.

Tina (manually adding the line breaks ;-)

body { background-color:#000000; }
p, body {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color:white; }
h3 {font-size: 14px; line-height: 16px; color:white; }
table { background-color:#495F73; font-size:12px; color:white; line-height: 18px;}
tr { background-color:#495F73; font-size:12px; color:white; line-height: 18px;}
td { background-color:#495F73; font-size:12px; color:white; line-height: 18px;}

a {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-decoration: underline; font-size: 12px; color:white; line-height: 18px;}
a:hover {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-decoration: underline; font-size: 12px; color:#acbdca; line-height: 18px;}
a:visited {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-decoration: underline; font-size: 12px; color:#acbdca; line-height: 18px;}

.content_cell {padding-left: 8; padding-right:8; background-color:black;}

.forum_headline { font-size:22px; font-weight:bold; padding-top:20px; line-height: 18px; color:white }

#forum_announcement { border:0px solid #354553; }
#forum_announcement td { text-align:center; padding:4px; }

#forum_outer_table { border:0px solid #354553; }
#forum_outer_table td { padding:0px; }

#forum_inner_table { }
#forum_inner_table th { background-color:#000000; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; color:white; font-size:12px; height:20px; }
#forum_inner_table td { height:35px; }

.forum_marker_cell { background-color:black; }
td.forum_name_cell { background-color:black; padding-bottom:10px; }
a.forum_forumname_link, a.forum_forumname_link:hover, a.forum_forumname_link:visited, a.forum_forumname_link:active { font-size:13px; color:white; line-height: 18px;}
a.forum_threadname_link, a.forum_threadname_link:hover, a.forum_threadname_link:visited, a.forum_threadname_link:active { font-size:12px; color:white; line-height: 18px;}
.forum_summary_div { font-size:12px; color:white; line-height: 18px;}
.forum_author_cell { background-color:#000000; font-size:12px; color:white; line-height: 18px;}
a.forum_author_link, a.forum_author_link:hover, a.forum_author_link:active, a.forum_author_link:visited { font-size:12px; color:white; line-height: 18px;}
.forum_threads_cell { background-color:#495F73; font-size:12px; color:white; line-height: 18px;}
.forum_posts_cell { background-color:#000000; font-size:12px; color:white; line-height: 18px;}
.forum_views_cell { background-color:#000000; font-size:12px; color:white; line-height: 18px;}
.forum_last_post_cell { background-color:#000000; font-size:12px; color:white; line-height: 18px;}
.forum_group_row_cell { background-color:#495F73; font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; color:white; line-height: 18px;}
.forum_avatar_cell { background-color:black; font-size:12px; padding:2px; padding-top:5px; color:white; line-height: 18px;}
a.forum_avatar_link, a.forum_avatar_link:hover, a.forum_avatar_link:active, a.forum_avatar_link:visited { font-size:12px; color:white; line-height: 18px;}
td.forum_message_cell { background-color:black; font-size:12px; color:white; padding:6px; line-height: 18px;}
.forum_message_detail_table { border-bottom:1px dotted #354553; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:6px; }
.forum_message_detail_cell { background-color:black; font-size:12px; color:white; padding: 6px;}
.forum_divider_cell { background-color:#000000; }
.forum_quote_div { font-style:italic; padding-left:20px; color:white;}

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.