Thu, Sep 19, 5:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Your worst "poser addiction" story

SkyeWolf ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:10 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:20 PM

OK, I decided to hell with work, I'm going to take the night off and finally play with Hanyma....upon searching my runtimes (yes I have like 12) I sheepishly discover that, yes I bought it...no, I never even downloaded it....😊 I have things I've purchased and forgotten completely, downloaded and never installed... I have freebies that I go to download only to be told "xxx file already exists..." I've seen a guy on the street and thought "Hey..he looks just like Jose by Shahara" I've seen an awesome outfit only to think..."too bad I can't get that for Poser" What's your worst "poser addiction" story?

Admin: http://www.artistsagainstcensorship.com
Artist: http://www.skyewolfimages.com

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:36 PM

I saw a Payless Shoe ad on television and the first thing that came to mind when I saw a pair of shoes was "Vicky would look great in those!" LMAO

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Shadow_Fyre ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:49 PM

It happens to me all the time but just today I saw an ad in a teen girls clothing magazine and thought that it would make a great dynamic clothing item. I also have lots of things purchased and installed and forgotten about till I'm looking around for something else. As far as free stuff goes, I don't install it unless I need it, otherwise there would be no taming of my runtimes. 😄

wheatpenny ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:54 PM
Site Admin

I named my dog Vicky. (I used to have a dog named Mike, but soemone stole him out of my yard). I also had two parakeets named Koshini and ichiro. How's that for being a Poser-freak

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 9:37 PM

How about a grandaughter named Eve 4? Just kidding! David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Foxseelady ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 10:06 PM

I was on vacation and noticed a cabin with cute little ornaments in the yard and thought hey if I took a picture that would make a great fairy background lol. Right now on my desktop I have some really really wicked pictures of shoes that would look great on vicki ;)

modus0 ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 11:50 PM

Heh, any "That reminds me of something in Poser" or similar though is a clear sign of addiction. I'm addicted, you're addicted, we're all addicted. :lol:

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Khai ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 12:16 AM

not addicted to poser.. I'm addicted to modeling.. I look at something and see it in wireframe..

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 12:50 AM

Oh Khai, I don't think that you're a caffiene addict, but you certainly are a reader of DUNE. Yours truly, David

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 2:14 AM

Heh I know what Khai means. I see things and consider what would be the best approach to model that... I break things up (mentally) in primitives. Poser addiction? I have bought LOADS of stuff that I've never used. Some of it I can't even find in my Runtime folders :blushing: I TRY to use everything new I buy at least once, but sometimes I've just gone on a shopping spree and bought a lot of stuff because of the c029.gifc006.gif factor. And sometimes I buy something because it would be PERFECT, should I ever want to do a [insert genre] pic... I'm definately addicted :biggrin:

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 3:20 AM

When I go to my mom's home, I steal pages from her fashion magazines. I think: 'I need to try this pose' or 'this face morph' or 'this composition'. And the same than Skye (hi, hon 😉 ). Buying products that I forget to install, saving tons of freebies than I forget where I stored them... (I have a lot of dvd-r's only with freebs)...

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 4:20 AM

The stages of "stuff" addiction, as currently known by me: 1: You need a clay pigeon launching machine for the picture you're doing for the cover of the parish magazine. You search the web and find there's this place called "freestuff" where you can legitimately download things without charge. You download a fully rigged posable clay pigeon launching machine with six different MAT poses, install it, and use it in your render. 2: You go back to freestuff the next day, just to look around, and end up downloading all the cool freestuff you can find and installing it. You eventually use most of it. 3: There isn't much new in freestuff today. You see something cool in the marketplace, buy it, install it, and think of a subject for an image so you can use it. 4: You download all the freestuff you can find, whether it's cool or not. You install most of it. Your runtime is a mess. 5: You get a notification that one of your favourite merchants has released something new. You buy it despite having no immediate use for it, and install it. 6: You download all the freestuff you can find, whether it's cool or not, and leave most of it uninstalled. There just isn't time - "where can I download a thirty hour day?" you whine on the forums. The regulars reply with :rolleyes: emoticons. 7: You get a discount coupon and/or there's a sale on at one of the stores. You buy lots of cool stuff so that your purchase total will be above the threshold. Since you don't need most of it straight away, it goes in a special "to be installed" folder. 8: You vow only to download freestuff if it's cool. You download some cool freestuff, then discover that you already downloaded it a year ago and never installed it. 9: You see something cool in a gallery render, and go and buy a copy although you know you'll never get around to using it. When you download it and save it to your "to be installed" folder, your OS warns you that the file exists already. Me? Getting close to stage 9, now... :scared:

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 4:41 AM

Oooh Bob... those all sound scarily familiar!

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

sd012q ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 4:50 AM

yer lol i look at ppl in the street to see how the face gos with morph so unreal to think we are doing this thu a prog on your pc lol i am also a counter strike 1.6 player i rent server out to ppl and teh one day i went to the shop and the lady dident have the right change for my 20 so she said she would go and get some change and like a fool i said roger that!.. omg she looked at me as if to say what the hell you on lol but yer with poser i am always looking at ppl for my morphs

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 6:41 AM
Site Admin

Somethimes I look at people and think how they might look better if they adjust some of their morph dials. Once when my daughter and i were riding on the bus, this woman got on, and I whispered to my daughter (also a Poser user) "she just needs to turn her butt-ugly morph down a bit".

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

MartinW ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 6:45 AM

Hi My addiction is not what it was, but in the early days I used to download everything I could find - and that was on dial-up For the moment I have a folder of unsorted freebies to categorise (props, poses, etc.) and then I might even install some of them I'm also in the process of reorganising my runtime so I can find stuff! When in modelling mode, I do look at objects and 'primitivise' them I'm also in the habit at the moment of downloading comic images and cheesecake poses for a project I vaguely have in mind Am I addicted - Renderosity is my homepage!

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 7:23 AM

Quote - "not addicted to poser.. I'm addicted to modeling.. I look at something and see it in wireframe.. "

Wow, how romantic, :b_tonguewink: LOL

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Realmling ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 11:00 AM

This probably counts for 2 addictions...but I only do Poser now so things might just be looking up. I had this dream where I was my EQ character...but I was in my house...fighting monsters to get to my computer because I just had to get this one last render done... Now I just have to battle the hubby monster with puppy eye upgrade 2.0 because I want that certain something for my Poser girls...and actually find the time to use all the stuff I wanted, bought, installed and never used. 😊

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 11:13 AM

OMG EnglishBob.. I think I have BEEN at Level 9 :scared: I DO have a "to be installed" folder Wince.gif and yes, I've downloaded the same thing more than once because it was easier to download it again than to find it in my Runtime... Thankfully Daz and Rosity warns me if I try to buy things more than once, so as far as I know, that hasn't happened. But only because I was warned... Realmling - I've played Doom 1 in my sleep. I was stuck in one of the levels, and the scary thing is, I actually managed to find the last key - IN MY SLEEP - and when I tried to go to that place, that was indeed where the key was. On the only spot (at the backside of a pillar) where I hadn't been while awake... Nowadays I rarely play games, I haven't got the time if Poser should have it's share of whatever time is left beside my dayjob... coz.. I need time to read the forums and stuff as well. Thank God for TV-dinners or me and the kids would have starved to death by now I guess...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Lawndart ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 11:47 AM

My worst "poser addiction" story? - I went to work at Fractal, started working on Poser. - I moved to MetaCreations and worked on Poser. - I went to Curious Labs when they bought Poser and I worked on Poser. - I now work in the 3D Stereoscopic field using 3ds Max "and Poser"! Enough said?

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 12:16 PM

I have a 'to be installed' folder..it's called 'holding', it has more than 1 gigabyte..;)
Ernyoka1- could be worse..I started modeling the 1st level from Doom..;)
Tea..tea is the mindkiller, I will let the tea wash over me..;)
no the worst nightmare for me is a 800 meg Access database containing the 22,000 items (and thumbnails) I've downloaded since '01..or rather the 15,000 unique items, 6,000 dupes, 1,000 triples, etc..;) and I Still can't find loaded items in my Runtime (and it's only Poser 4..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

swift_wraith ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 1:45 PM · edited Fri, 07 April 2006 at 1:46 PM

ummm.... i built a fileserver JUST for my poser stuff. Its got 3 80 gig hard drives in it and its filling up real quick. oh and my runtimes folder looks like its been in a car accident. :(

majesticartist ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 10:48 PM

I to am guilty of the "downloading just in case I'll need it syndrome...also guilty of redownloading something because it was easier to find instead of going through tons of backup cds...and I remember the 1st time I saw Underworld and thinking...."WOW...that would be a great outfit for Vicki!....well....sure enough..it came out for Poser but for Stephanie instead! :laugh: ~Nancy~

1358 ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 12:30 PM

Addicted?......... I'm not addicted......... I can stop any time I want......... I just don't want to stop.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 12:56 PM
Site Admin

It's easy to quit. I've done it hundreds of times... (ripped off from Mark Twain, although he was talking about smoking)

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

dawnryder ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 7:21 AM · edited Sun, 09 April 2006 at 7:24 AM

waking up from a nightmare: i was walking up a dark terraced street - uphill, when i passed a slim and gorg. lady wearing a very short skirt. I noticed she was wearing some very beautiful sequinned knickers and complimented them, she offered them to me and said she lived at the house here, if i could hang on a moment i could have them. We entered the house and got into conversation. She was waiting for her friend, then going for a night out. She nipped off to have a shower. Her friend turned up, dressed in gothic regency wear. His lady friend reappeared similarly attired... it transpired that they were vampires. I'll spare you the details but an attempted but botched seduction scene took place. The guy was really the devil and the girl had become his unwilling accomplice. she escaped with me. i taught her that she needn't scare everything thing she came into contact with, as some things weren't as scary as they looked. I said to her "don't worry they're only a poser cats and dragons" Honestly, I woke up hyperventilating and was visibly shaking. I was terrified! if anybody's been looking at the same poser freebies as me they'll realise i've been overdoing it on the freebie hunt. I'm not into goths, vampires and dragons at all!

MartinW ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 8:09 AM

Wow! I've never had a Poser dream, but Doom! Argh! That invisible monster was too much like the monster from the id in Forbidden Planet...

almeidap ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 6:56 AM

Hair does it for me, I'll see a hair style and wonder how it would look on Aiko. The fashion sense of Japanese girls here in Okinawa is ...different, and I stare at the girl wondering how I can re create that outfit in Poser. Marines are sticklers for being on time...if not 15 minutes early, yet every now and then I'll try to do a render while I'm getting ready for work and end up being a minute or two late going to work because it didn't come out right and I have to change whatever was that was messed up and wait for it to render again. It takes me 30 minutes to get ready for work on Mon, Wed, and Friday (physical training at 530 AM, another 30 to get to work...I stay up way past midnite playing with Poser (in between 12:30 and 1AM) then get up at 3:45 so I can try to force out a render that I was dreaming up before I went to bed.

DominiqueB ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 11:00 AM

My addiction started out innocently enough, I couldn't find clothes for my millenium girl so I thought: hmmm.....how hard can it be? Let's see if I can make some clothes. That was three years ago and now I can't stop! I hate joint parameters, I hate making thumbnails, I hate packaging.....so why do I do it because I can't stop! that's why. All these nice sketches of character I could be modeling and rigging in LW to animate just sit there while I model another stupid pair of high heels for GIRL.

Dominique Digital Cats Media

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 11:05 AM

Dear DominiqueB,
Could you also make some clothes for Eve 4.  Posette's clothes don't addapt well to her rigging.
Yours truly,
David P. Hoadley

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 1:16 PM
Site Admin

I've had dreams about my poser figures being actual dolls or physical models that I vould carry around.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

bucketload3D ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 2:54 PM

What would you say about reinstalling poser three times in two days, wiping the Runtimes off completely, that is about 6 Gb, just to know finally where is what?

... and I even didn't start reinstalling the freebies after that ...

kitty5

www.Bucketload3d.com - where cool freebies are ~(==^..^)

Rainfeather ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 10:31 AM

well, you do know you're addicted to poser when:

1. you tell your kids to xtran to the left or the right so they don't fall off the chair

2. you tell your kids don't ytran up the stairs too fast or they'd get an owie

3. you tell your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse to parent their lips to yours

4. you have a runtime full of clothes but nothing to wear for a dinner date...did i say "runtime"?  i meant closet.

:biggrin:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.