Tue, Oct 22, 3:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Live with it

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 4:45 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:23 AM

"Live with it". Ever consider that as a viable alternative to whining, bitching and moaning about things you have no control over? Not like that statement is meant to address any particular concern here...

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 4:52 PM

Heh, heh..ya beat me to the post...😉

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 4:59 PM

But how will I become "Complainer Of the Month" if I just "Deal with it". Didn't my interview teach you anything Mike? Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 4:59 PM

Well, SOMEBODY has to say it, and it's unlikely the staff will. ;)

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 5:02 PM

Dammit, Tom, there will be a place for this eventually. You can't rest on your laurels for all time, y'know. There are always those who will seek to take your place. ;)

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 5:06 PM

jeez... Context-wise, my reply seems to have made no sense at all. I'm just trying to be the first to point that out. ;)

scottl ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 6:14 PM

...depends on the situation. If it is indeed something beyond control and not critical then yes it IS best to cope with the issue. But not all critical statements are whining and bitching...aka a weak form of communication. there are many situations when a person has a right and an obligation to speak up. Sadly the live with it attitude often masks behovior that is illegal, or dishonorable, or someone who is either too lazy or doesnt care enough to do the right thing or what they should do. Used to workj for a guy like that.....he never cared to spend the time to train anyone, or to see that alot of things were done along the company lines. If you had a problem or needed help or additional direction thats all you got from him. Later we found out that he was under investigation....and that he was doing alot of things that were very shady and got canned. I manage for a big retail chain, therefor i specialize in customer service everyday. When I see a company give poor service and act like they dont care...because they dont have to, i speak up. I rather naivly assume that they should and DO care and somewhere just missed the ball. That they WANT to be aprised of opportunites to improve. But sadly too many dont have to care, so they dont...and you just have to be happy with what you get. those are the places that lose my business and my referall. In the end thats all I can do, is vote with my $$. Even more sad is the places that dont seem to care when they lose a customer. After all, they exist for us not the other way around. Deaf ears i`m sure. adios amigos, Dim

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 6:39 PM

they didn't change the forum code to anger folks, nor did they do it without some forethought AFAIK. my guess is that they didn't want to remain stuck in the 90s, in the same way that Apple Computer decided to move on to OS X. they knew it would cause problems for some, but the old system was basically unfixable, and too unweildy to waste any more time trying to patch it up IMVHO.

scottl ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 7:00 PM

...I was speaking not to any particulars, just to be clear. Personally I like the new forums and all. Any change like this has its bugs...but yes it gets outdated so fast these days and you must keep up. Next round on me Scott

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 7:41 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2642004

Quote - " but the old system was basically unfixable, and too unweildy to waste any more time trying to patch it up IMVHO."

did anyone read this thread... Quote - "...just one person associated with the Renderosity powers that be admitted that this change is crap and told me why they made it, from their perspective. I am tired of being given work arounds for something that wasn't broken before the change. I enjoy(ed) being involved here...interacted in several different forums even won a few contests but I am dumbfounded by their changing the entire site to a new, less functional format prior to figuring out how it should all work. Nevermind the fact that I posted an opinion to the front page THE AVATARS ARE HERE thread that was not added no doubt because it cast negative light on the PHP conversion. So, I promise I will not flame, I do not think I can yet be accussed of it to any significant degree, I'll keep it to a civil discussion...I just would like to know... Why the change and do you REALLY think THIS is better? "

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.