Mon, Sep 23, 2:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: Poser Gallery that is not Poser

Sann ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 8:25 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 10:26 AM

When I choose to see Poser galley something strange pop up, yess a lot of images that are not poser. I mean Many awesome artists classified as poser art their images that have only V3 as figure base and a loot of postwork. NOTHING personal, cause I love those artists like: antje, bez, chevybabe, prog, and so on, NOTHING PERSONAL GUYS! but I believe your gallery should have any other category. Is not fair for those who used 100% poser renders or with minimal postwork that is evident. I hope you renderosity  admins make justice to those poser artist. Is acceptable that more that 75% of work should be poser like: Danie, marforno, giana, bowpopet, etc just to mention some. Every artist is special buy poser is poser.

BARTWORX ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 8:33 AM · edited Tue, 18 April 2006 at 8:34 AM

Does it realy matter ? the only time i think its wrong, is when you can see that it has postwork in it and they don't mention it.

Let people do what the wanna do and enjoy there images and when its not 100% poser so what.

IMHO when it has poser product in it, it can be in the poser gallery

Why should they go to mixed media or so, let them be where they are ... rules rules rules ..... who need all those rules ..not me

Chris

Not used anymore

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 8:55 AM

Art is art.  It's impossible to compartmentalize it.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Puntomaus ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 8:55 AM

It was always like that and I don't think it will change. And how should the admins or mods do anything about it? With so many images uploaded each day you don't expect the mods to move images from one category to another just because X has postworked his poser image and Y has set up the scene in Poser but rendered in Vue.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 8:57 AM

file_338760.jpg

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 8:59 AM
Site Admin

The policy in the Poser gallery is that if Poser was used at all then it can go in the Poser gallery. This includes not only postworked images, but also Poser scenes imported into Vue, Bryce, Lightwave, ect and rendered with those instead of poser.

Poser was involved in the process somewhere, so it can be posted in the Poser gallery.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

carodan ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 9:11 AM

LOL, Tyger_purr.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

Rendy ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 9:15 AM

I suppose 'Poser' means 'Poser-based'. Anyway, I doubt it possible to create a great piece with 100% Poser goods.

anxcon ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 9:19 AM

i've seen pics where people use V3, possibly pose in poser, but cant tell
as carrara can do exactly same job, she was just sitting, simple pose
rest of scene (a few times were rooms) were completely default scenes
from carrara, lighting default to those scenes, and a few people said they
modeled it themselves in poser, lighting all done themselves

i laugh as i know the scene so well already (i have carrara) :)

IMO the gallery should be for renderer used, dozens of programs can pose
many can model, many create textures, but only 1 will render it
you dont see me putting maya pics in blender gallery cuz i modeled in blender :P

as for postwork though, its fine, but to me just ruins the beauty if very much
think girl with a gallon of make-up :P

anxcon ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 9:24 AM

Quote - I suppose 'Poser' means 'Poser-based'. Anyway, I doubt it possible to create a great piece with 100% Poser goods.

poser can create anything, with enough time and skill :P
has the tools in mat room to do most anything you can think of
just requires a person to figure out a nice setup :)

Turtle ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 9:39 AM

Tyger_purr

Lol right on the button!

Love is Grandchildren.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 10:48 AM · edited Tue, 18 April 2006 at 10:49 AM

Poser was originally intended for exporting figures to other programs, so if you really want to be pedantic then there shouldn`t be a poser gallery.

:b_shocked:

edited because I said there shouldn`t be a poser forum by mistake.

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 11:07 AM

well, Doc Geep did a tutorial on backgrounds done in other programs (like Terragen), n' I don't see anyone checking his bona fides?..;) Almost all my pics are Bryce/Poser (Peanut butter n' jelly, ham n' eggs, Ren n' Stimpy, etc) hybrids. I think I actually did 1 'pure' Poser pic, and I think 30-odd (in this place, very odd..;) people looked at it...;)

This is a perennial argument, and has been around as long as I've been around..;) I like good art; I don't care that much if  it's postworked.I think it should work like makeup on women; enough to make you look better without obviously pointing out why..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 11:17 AM

Quote - I suppose 'Poser' means 'Poser-based'. Anyway, I doubt it possible to create a great piece with 100% Poser goods.

Really?

http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1142904&Start=1&Artist=SamTherapy&ByArtist=Yes

Minimal postwork in this, which I could have avoided if I'd used a skydome and whacked up the shading rate.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 11:42 AM

:tt2:

[Yawn], not this one again!!!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 12:01 PM

Quote - :tt2:

[Yawn], not this one again!!!!

Yep. Beer? I have a fridge full of Stella.

My Store

My Gallery

dirk5027 ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 12:03 PM

file_338782.gif

make pics, have fun, post them any ding dang diddly place you want to, who cares, many people take this place way to seriously

Puntomaus ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 12:13 PM

Quote - Poser was originally intended for exporting figures to other programs,

Not true. Look into your Poser manual and read A message from Larry Weinberg. It was a  replacement for those wooden mannequins that artists use for drawing.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 1:38 PM

the postwork debate resurfaces here quite often. my belief is that we shouldn't worry about it. as some artists are so good at postwork that it's nearly impossible to spot it, there's no way to enforce a "no postwork" gallery without creating alot of bad feelings. in fact, there's probably no way to even debate the postwork issue without creating some bad feelings, however misdirected. larry's original intent was to use poser as an aid to humans drawing human figures on a piece of paper, a canvas or bristolboard. however, in part due to marketplace pressures, poser has since morphed into a substitute for that, in which the machine takes over all the mundane details that would normally take a human artist (unassisted by automatic drawing methods) many years to master. hence the frequent jokes here about how the next version of poser will have a "make art" button, so that the user can go and watch spongebob or listen to fitty cent, while poser does all the work. :lol:

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 1:43 PM

Hey Sam, I'll be over later, Sheffield isn't it??? The Washington!!!

:woot:

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

SWAMP ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 2:38 PM · edited Tue, 18 April 2006 at 2:39 PM

file_338802.jpg

Ad for the first release of Poser…

“…used as tracing templates..”

“…for sketching or drawing..”

“For Photoshop and Painter users..”

“…exported into applications like Ray Dream, Alias Sketch, Strata..(etc.)..”

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 3:47 PM

Well, while what I create may not be considered "great" in the eyes of some,  I do try to do most if not all of the image in Poser.  I figure Poser is capable of so much more than what it's used for so I am working on maxing out it's potential.  I still have a long way to go, but I'm working hard on learning.

Usually the only post work that I've been doing is to add a frame to the image, or "dig out" hair that is hidden by clothing and shouldn't be, or to assemble a scene that I couldn't render in full on my computer.

So I'd say that if I do any post work at all,  it's 1% or less of the whole image.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 4:10 PM

Quote - Hey Sam, I'll be over later, Sheffield isn't it??? The Washington!!!

:woot:

That's the one, mate!

My Store

My Gallery

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 4:27 PM

I'll bring the Amber Bock and Popcorn!

linkdink ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 4:53 PM

I suggest a new forum be created which will consist soley of dead-horse perennial topics such as:

-"postworked images are not Poser images"
-"too much nudity"
-"not enough nudity"
-"get rid of the Hot 20"
-"Poser sucks, it's not a real application like _____."

And so on. Have I forgotten any? Oh yes..

-"A new forum should be created solely for topics such as _____."

Gallery

Casette ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 5:06 PM

MyGod...another useless discussion... postwork yes, postwork not, software purity, blah blah blah...

(I leave this thread. I'm postworking some Poser tits in Photoshop)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

steerpike ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 5:20 PM

Quote - Yep. Beer? I have a fridge full of Stella.

Ah, another Stella man. Throw it about 25 junctions down the M1 and a few miles west, and I'll pick it up there.

ptrope ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 5:20 PM · edited Tue, 18 April 2006 at 5:21 PM

Tyger_purr, that's truly art! That one's going in my collection ... :D

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 5:24 PM

In the "pure" Poser gallery, could we use renders where the textures are photo-based or could we only procedural textures? Would sets, props, and clothing be permissible even if they were not assembled in Poser from Poser primitives? Then there is the issue of the figures, are we bound to the Poser figures or are the DAZ figures permited as well?

I really have trouble distinguishing the conceptual difference between pre-work done on the texture, and post-work done on the renders... I could take a photo of Princess Di and map it to a one sided square... it would give my a great hyper-real portrait render I imagine :)

All joking aside...

Actually, I think a no post-work gallery would be cool, but I would ban any renders that are not done in the Poser application.

On the other hand I would dig a Retro gallery for only Poser 4renders of only / Poser 4 content given my fetish for Posette and the Dork... but that will never happen :)

No, no, I'm being serious now...

I think a no post-work "tech" gallerie would be cool.

... but I do wonder how photo textures fit into the no-post work theory, no one has ever answered that for me, and I have certainly never answered it for myself :(

Spank that horse, spank it good!

pleonastic ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 5:24 PM

the discussion may be useless, but tyger_purr's image made my day. :)

chrispoole ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 6:28 PM

I put this argument on the Vue Forum, my point was to invest a lot of time doing comments how wonderful it looks knowing Posers poor lighting etc. Just to find out it's rendered in Lightwave,  Vue or Max etc. Some didn't even mention the fact it used these programs, you finally realise on looking at there gallery. This above all else has made me not want to post any more, it just seems so dis-honest.

geep ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 6:59 PM

Quote -   (I leave this thread. I'm postworking some Poser tits in Photoshop)

LOL @ Casette ................. :lol:

;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 7:54 PM

Where's the dead horse getting beat with a stick .GIF. Though I do like the horse torture table.

chrispoole ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 8:06 PM

Beryld, It would make an excellent render LoL.

ghelmer ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 8:54 PM · edited Tue, 18 April 2006 at 8:55 PM

Quote - > Quote -   (I leave this thread. I'm postworking some Poser tits in Photoshop)

LOL @ Casette ................. :lol:

;=]

Casette & Geep, ya'll just made my day!!! 

Ironically, I posted a "Poser" pic rendered in Carrara (messing with HDRI) in the Poser Gallery today!!! 

My bad I suppose!!!  Also to note that it contains large nekkid female frontal appendages that also tend to excite the ol' beating a dead horse thread trend!!!  LOL!!  I'm a very bad man aren't i???  :lol:

:b_tonguewink:  

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 11:10 PM

The render we need in this thread is a NVIATWAS with huge breasts and some serious post-work hair blowing in the wind beating a dead horse. You can imagine the thumbnail... actually I guess there should be no thumbnail.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 11:13 PM

Quote - The render we need in this thread is a NVIATWAS with huge breasts and some serious post-work hair blowing in the wind beating a dead horse. You can imagine the thumbnail... actually I guess there should be no thumbnail.

At least I know what to work on next. :)

My Store

My Gallery

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 7:50 AM
Site Admin

The thumbnail should be a close-up of an enormous boob. That way it will get more hits.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 1:50 PM

an enormous boob? do you mean like homer simpson? 😄 just kidding, really :lol:

obm890 ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 3:00 PM

Quote - Also to note that it contains large nekkid female frontal appendages that also tend to excite the ol' beating a dead horse thread trend!!!  LOL!!  I'm a very bad man aren't i???  :lol:

Careful! Lest the horse-flogging be replaced by monkey-spanking ;-)

billy-home ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 1:21 PM

Not to throw a spanner in the works here, but, there will never be a 100% pure Poser image, not if you use any props or figures in it at least, everything that's made to be used in Poser , V3, M3, whatever, is created in other programs, for instance, and not to throw anything bad on  SamTherapy's excellent render, in the image info it states the car is a 3DS one, so it's probably not been built in Poser, and the buildings look like Stonemason's,  and if they are, they were created in MAX, and if it's a DAZ figure for the young lady, it's probably been built in Lightwave, and more than likely Photoshop to do the textures. So, if you see my point, there is no such thing as 100% Poser, and never will be until Poser becomes a fully fledged modelling prog on top of what it already is.

Cheers

Billy

BTW Tyger_purr, totally outstanding LOL

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 1:55 PM

Quote - Not to throw a spanner in the works here, but, there will never be a 100% pure Poser image, not if you use any props or figures in it at least, everything that's made to be used in Poser , V3, M3, whatever, is created in other programs, for instance, and not to throw anything bad on  SamTherapy's excellent render, in the image info it states the car is a 3DS one, so it's probably not been built in Poser, and the buildings look like Stonemason's,  and if they are, they were created in MAX, and if it's a DAZ figure for the young lady, it's probably been built in Lightwave, and more than likely Photoshop to do the textures. So, if you see my point, there is no such thing as 100% Poser, and never will be until Poser becomes a fully fledged modelling prog on top of what it already is.

Cheers

Billy

BTW Tyger_purr, totally outstanding LOL

Correct on every point! :)

My Store

My Gallery

raven ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 8:22 AM

Actually, I suppose by using the Metaform python script, it would be possible to model inside Poser using metaballs. As they aren't native Poser items, but objects made at the time of the script being used, that would constitue 100% Poser :) Undeniably a pain, and ultimately very high-poly, but nonetheless Poser.

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 8:54 AM · edited Sun, 23 April 2006 at 8:55 AM

file_339434.jpg

I was very sad about Metaforms... you CAN make anything with it, anything at all. But you cant use any of it! No matter what sub-divide. The vertices are placed randomly, every hard edge has terrible jaggies artifacts. I was terribly disappointed. I can only build anything in Poser!

Still, will anyone tell me how photo-based textures are compatible with the "No Post-work" ideal? I really want to understand. I find it troubling. I worked pretty hard for a while on procedural textures for skin, lips, eyes...

davo ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 11:24 AM

heh heh tyger... I don't see a whip in that image

snowcrow1 ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 7:46 AM

Hello all, my first time in the forum and I must say, I never thought in my wildest dreams that I'd by oh so amused!!  Tyger_purr's render is worth a thousand words.  This subject likes, the house so artisticly depicted is DEAD!  Maybe it's just me but, I thought the creation of Renderosity was to provide ALL arts with an online COMMUNITY so that they may SHARE their ablities as arts as a hole!!!!

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 8:57 AM

arts as a hole!!!!

I think that says it all :)

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 9:19 AM

Quote - heh heh tyger... I don't see a whip in that image

funny thing is... i dont have a whip....yet.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 9:29 AM

Quote - arts as a hole!!!!

I think that says it all :)

artshole? :D

My Store

My Gallery

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 1:53 PM

sounds like a Monthly Challenge to me..winner gets the Pink Pony..;) Wonder if it's ever been done here..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 6:12 PM

Well, I almost never postwork my images because I find Poser a challenge, but that is just my taste. The postworked images (painted hair and clothes) get the most votes, it seems, so it is just a matter of taste! I started out as a painter when there were no PCs and I am happy to have digital programs where you can quickly fix a mistake. Try fixing mistakes on  huge oil paintings (no, that's not mine in the avatar - but a friend's) after you wait days for the paint to dry. My life would have been so different as an artist had Poser, Painter and so on been around back then!!!!! I envy your young folks, LOL!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.