Fri, Sep 20, 4:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Eovia To Make Announcement On April 25

bstockwell ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 11:01 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:50 PM

We will be making a very important announcement on April 25. In preparation for this announcement, there will be some changes made to the Eovia website and webstore. These changes will begin to take effect at midnight California time on April 24.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Bob Stockwell
Director, Sales and Marketing
Eovia Corp.

Jconxtc ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 11:18 AM

hexagon 2 release date: April 25....

YESSSS!!!!!

Pauldg ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 11:34 AM

Anything to do with DAZ?

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 12:55 PM

Quote - Anything to do with DAZ?

Gewd I hope not.  That would suck big time.  I was gunna buy Hexegon this weekend, now I'll wait til after the announcement by Eovia.

danamo ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 2:36 PM

I will be waiting with bated breath until Tuesday! I am pretty certain I can guess the nature of the announcement, but one can never be too sure. :unsure:

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 2:50 PM

An announcement about an up-coming announcement.  No wonder Eovia has Marketing/PR problems.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 3:25 PM · edited Sat, 22 April 2006 at 3:28 PM

Daz has just done the same thing.

Doesn't bother me, I love the speculation....I find it amusing :)

I also wasn't aware that Eovia has PR problems.....I've never had a problem with them or their support staff.  In fact I'll go so far to say, they have BEST C/S I've had out of ANY software I've used.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 4:16 PM

I do hope it has to do with Hex 2. If it's someting to do with Daz, what a bummer that would be. You saw what happened with Bryce. Though it might be like the lightwave deal they have.

I have to agree, Eovia has by far the better customer service of any of my other software. Would be a shame to lose that to Daz.

Don't get me wrong about Daz, they have thier place. I just don't think it should be with this kind of software.  Heres hoping I didn't throw my money away on investing into Eovia/Daz crap.

ren_mem ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 5:17 PM

I think shonner meant them getting the proper coverage, recognition and understanding of their products. DAZ is a superb company. Really nice and honest. You can call and talk to them easily  and they take anything they sell back no questions asked. D|S is also great sw. It outperforms higher end sw in many ways. The 2 programs need to continue to work better together tho. Will just have to see.

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 5:42 PM

Maybe it's the other way around.  Maybe Eovia is buying DAZ.

Pauldg ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 7:02 PM

Yea, I was thinking that eovia was taking over DAZ or something. Not the other way around. I think highly of both companies. However, I am especially impressed with Eovia's products. Sorry if I caused a fuss! DAZ had just mentioned that they were going to make an announcement soon too, and the PC members would receive the announcement earlier. So, I don't really think that it could be anything major between the two companies, since I don't think the PR people would want to leak it to a select group first. Or would they? Anyway, sorry if I caused a fuss. I'm sure the announcement will be great!

Pauldg ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 7:03 PM

Quote - I will be waiting with bated breath until Tuesday! I am pretty certain I can guess the nature of the announcement, but one can never be too sure. :unsure:

Just curious. What do you think it is?

ren_mem ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 7:46 PM · edited Sat, 22 April 2006 at 7:58 PM

Paul it's ok. No fuss here. People are always entitled to their opinions. Honestly, it might not be a big deal. (everybody is buying each other lately I know)They always hype their promotional moves. That's the whole point. They may just start selling content in eovia's store and have some kind of promo for eovia and/or daz product users. Hex2 is bound to tie in here also. I will say that Eovia and Daz both understand  how to utilize the grass roots of the internet. So they get maximum use with a bit of elbow grease.

Over on the yahoo list someone said it's Daz's biggest announcement ever so maybe Eovia is buying out at least some Daz assets or the company. They obviously make money in other areas(production) and eovia has given them european exposure. Now we all got to wait for 2 things next week. It's going to seem like a long time. :biggrin:

Just make it invisible.

Pauldg ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 8:06 PM

Thanks ren_mem. It will be interesting I'm sure.

ren_mem ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 8:48 PM · edited Sat, 22 April 2006 at 8:49 PM

They are a perfect complement anyway. I already use both of their stuff. If they merged it would probably benefit them both. I find the maya and adobe/macromedia  thing a bit scarier. Companies that large don't make me comfortable.

Just make it invisible.

Pauldg ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 9:17 PM

I agree. Although I enjoy many of Adobe's products too. How do you think C5's landscape ability compares to Bryce 5?

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 9:21 PM · edited Sat, 22 April 2006 at 9:25 PM

C5 landscape abilites far surpass Bryce.  Bryce is just now starting to be re-worked(by Daz) after lying dormant with Corel for years...so Bryce has LONG way to go.

That's not to say there are some who have done wonderful images with Bryce.

Pauldg ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 9:42 PM

I have seen some great images with Bryce. I own B5, but did not upgrade to 5.5. I own Vue5i as well. I actually bought a lot of software, but can't seem to find the time to learn. Some come easy, like AI and Photoshop Elements. But the 3d software like poser, carrara and hexagon, I find difficult.

Ringo ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 9:47 PM

It is all good guys.....all good.

ren_mem ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 10:03 PM

I think Carrara has more ability landscape or otherwise. It's an awesome renderer. The thing to do is start with small tutorials. It's alot to take on at once. I am new to Carrara and Hex, but love them both. I don't try to do some grand imagery, right now,  altho I keep images in my head like an artist would, but right now I am trying to learn a relative mastery and comfort with the tools. eovia3d.net (as well as many other places) has some great tutorials aimed at simple modeling items. Yeah corel has some great stuff, but they do weird things with products they buy...usually kill them. There is so much they could have done with photopaint and didn't, not to mention a long list of others. They have the opposite of the midas touch. :biggrin:  Adobe makes good stuff, but like Macromedia they don't try too hard. You pay way too much and get basically a bug fix. Then they assume you are a thief. I have had companies tell you the problems they went thru with Adobe when employees registered software they did not know was tied to a specific email address. Adobe made them cough up a paper trail to show the employees didn't own the sw, but the company. That may get worse now that Adobe has bought Macromedia we will see. I think healthy competition is a good thing not a fan of giant global corporations.

Just make it invisible.

bwtr ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 10:05 PM

Remember the things called Spoonerisms? Think we will have to make a  new catchphrase called Shonnerisms!! ( And Brianisims to make things fair!)

bwtr

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 10:11 PM

Quote - It is all good guys.....all good.

That depends, and I guess will be known Tuesday.

Pauldg ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 10:19 PM

I will try eovia3d.net ren_mem. Maybe I will try something small. My three small kids have alot of ideas to keep dad busy.

bwtr ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 12:14 AM

You are all wrong in your guessing. It is quite obvious that 3DS max is to buy out Eovia because they can't stand the competition.

bwtr

danamo ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 1:42 AM

@Pauldg, in answer to your question previously. I just thought it was logical to assume it is an announcement about the official release of Hexagon2, since it falls in the target month. Eovia recently surprised me with the 5.1 patch, even earlier than I expected, just from things I'd read. 

It honestly hadn't occured to me that it might be a "takeover", or a merger of the two companies! But the more I think about it, the more I think it might make sense to DAZ and Eovia, in this continued era or mergers. They obviously had to have exchanged code and other proprietary knowledge to make this most recent ver. of Carrara more DAZ-friendly. And DAZ just announced new capabilities in DAZ studio's renderer, including SSS and AO.They are at the very least strategic partners.

mickmca ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 8:26 AM

If DAZ is buying Eovia, I may want my money back for Hex. It will be time to move on to some other 3D tools.

M

rendererer ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 11:07 AM

Maybe Eovia is changing their name to oevio. Or avioe. Or ueueuei. Nah. Probably not ueueuei.

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 11:45 AM

Personally what I would love to see would be Carrara 6, preferably with better capabilities in rendering Poser elements..

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 3:23 PM

I trust Ringo's opinion.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

brycetech ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 4:44 PM

gawd

I hope its not an announcement  that Eovia plans to take over the world...

Thats MY plan!

:)
BT

Letterworks ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 7:31 PM

wait a minute BT, that's MY plan too! Gosh, I was going to wait until Thursday tho...

mike

ren_mem ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 9:51 PM

I taint worried. :)
I think you guys better get in line with the many other cartoon characters and villians before you! :D

Just make it invisible.

1DanK ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 9:51 AM

Underwhelmed by the announcement?  I know everyone was hoping for more, and so was I.  Having DAZ software products sold through Eovia makes no difference to me.  I would mention though that this is sometimes the first step in a merger.  Just a thought. 

I was really hoping the new version of Hexagon was released.  I can't wait to try the UV Mapping funtions.

April is almost over folks.

Sydney_Andrews ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 12:13 PM

I just pre-ordered Hex 2 sunday. That would be nice if it came out. E

mmoir ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 12:31 PM

1DanK

The announcement hasn't been made or do you know something the rest of us don't.

ominousplay ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 2:31 PM

I still haven't seen a change on the Eovia site, kinda waiting myself...

Never Give Up!

fdkort ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 3:33 PM

No published changes anyway. But I’m reasonably certain now DAZ acquired Eovia US. Whether this is a good or a bad thing.... only time will tell I guess

mickmca ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 3:43 PM

DAZ has the finely crafted talent of making up for shoddy QA with good intentions and nice smiles. We used to call it flash of thigh marketing.

Talk about oil and water. Kiss Eovia quality control goodbye, folks.

M

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 4:06 PM

IMHO, I don't think Daz could afford to acquire Eovia. 

fdkort ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 4:16 PM

Well i dug a little further and you can scratch the 'reasonably' from my previous post. Unless this is the biggest hoax on the Internet I have seen in a long time it is true. DAZ acquired Eovia US. Both Carrara and Hexagon are becoming DAZ products. A hint on how to confirm:

Guess what the url of the next press release on the eovia site will be (The next 2 actually). And if you found it and assume what you read is true, guess the url of the next press release on the DAZ3D website.

:)

Tashar59 ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 4:25 PM

If Daz has merged or bought Eovia, I wonder if I can get a refund. It has been less than a month that I bought Carrara Pro and Hex.

On the other hand it might be just selling the products like with LightWave.

falconperigot ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 4:35 PM

Interesting. So what will happen to Eovia Europe (France)?

fdkort ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 4:49 PM

Quote - Interesting. So what will happen to Eovia Europe (France)?

As i understand DAZ acquired the US branche and bought all technology rights to Hexagon from Eovia Europe S.A.  It did not buy AMAPI and this will remain in the hands of Eovia Europe S.A.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 5:34 PM

Oh, cripes...I don't buy that.  Reasons why....and before anyone flames me I do like Daz for there STORE ONLY.

Hex in Daz's hands, I just can't fathom it.  They can't even keep Bryce up to speed in a reasonable amount of time & from what I understand( I could be wrong) that was farmed out the Chinese.  So why would they want to acquire an already popular program only to have to it fall into the slow abyss of Bryce.

Makes no sense.

No offense to Daz/Bryce or anyone else :)

krimpr ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 7:07 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2645009

Apparantly it's true? I would never have believed it. Eovia was doing so incredibly well with Carrara; what are they thinking?

Puntomaus ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 7:07 PM

If anyone is member at ArtZone I'd suggest you'll go and read the announcement, it's already up there.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 7:10 PM

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Letterworks ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 7:11 PM

Over on the Poser forum they are saying that the announcement has been made on DAZ Artzone to the effect that DAZ has bought Eovia (US?). Well I'm a bit on the fence about this except for one major question... I paid for Hex 2 last month when the schedule was for MID-April, which was delayed to LATE April... Now with this news WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE?

I can see a real mess. my money went to a French company, for software now owned by a US company, and I'm stuck waiting while they sort out the integration mess that always happens when one company buys another. Not to mention the weeks it'll take to change the title page!

We;ll be lucky to see Hex 2 by August!

Mike (ready to cry)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 7:15 PM

I'm still wondering how the hell Daz got the cash...I was used to SUPERIOR C/S from EOvia....I liked there personal touch.....

I hope it stays the same.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 7:25 PM

Saved myself from buying Hex 2.

I'm still wondering how the hell Daz got the cash

over extended credit loan maybe, private investor who knows.

Now Daz has a modeling application, carrara 5 which imports Daz poser content.

I feel ill.  Loved what was happenin with Carrara 5 and started enjoying myself again.  Guess I'll start saving for my Lightwave 9 upgrade.  Oh what a sad day.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 7:28 PM

daz got some of the cash from platinum users, who have shown themselves to be willing to buy anything at any time, even if they never use it in a render. they got some cash from buyers of the millenium group of models, whose users have shown themselves to be willing to buy hundreds of textures, hundreds of clothing items and hundreds of injection morphs, even if they never use them in renders, and even if they already own a lo-res or a hi-res copy of the same texture. to me it implies daz are positioning themselves to move ahead of e-frontier. they have the new bryce/hexagon combo, and e-frontier has shade. they have daz studio, and e-frontier has poser. but daz is in a better position, as they have a customer base who have shown themselves willing to buy any new sale-price add-on to daz studio, even if they never use it. this is something that e-frontier doesn't yet have - a gimmick to trick people into buying stuff they'll never use, that they'll never need. they have plenty of customers who don't understand most of the features of their software, but e-frontier haven't yet grasped the marketing genius of charging people extra, at special one-time-only sales, for the useless bells and whistles they'll never use or comprehend. y'all might be surprised to learn this, but troll the poser forum sometime. you'll often find people admitting (or bragging) that they spend hundreds of dollars per month on poser extras, thousands of dollars per year. I daresay e-frontier should be interested in tapping into this gold mine.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.