Thu, Sep 19, 8:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Unity or Eszter? (I know this has been asked before)

steerpike ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 3:42 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 3:19 PM

Does anyone have experience of both figures to compare them? It's the V3 Unity figure I'm interested in more than the new S3 one.

Searching the forums hasn't really unearthed anything definitive. From the points of view of pricing and compatible addons, I'm probably leaning more towards Eszter, but I'd be interested to hear different.

Carcinogen ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 7:59 PM · edited Tue, 25 April 2006 at 8:00 PM

I don't have Unity, but I love Eszter.  So many expressions for both, it is a hard decision. 

Also, you may want to check out the add-on for Eszter by Handspan Studios called "Lela"; it is awesome.

http://faerie-dreams.com/product_info.php?products_id=329

MzShatzie ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 8:48 PM

I have both, and I love them both, but if I had to choose I would say I like Unity better. She takes V3 textures so nicely. So does Eszter, but you have to apply them in the material room. But if you use the Unity with V3 MATs base, you can't use her morph pack. SO I guess it's your call LOL. I think they both have a happy home in my Runtime :-)

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2006 at 4:05 AM

Unity is much like Elle, also by Neftis. Elle is a drop-dead gorgeous character that has had very little attention from the merchants. So, my vote is for Unity.

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2006 at 7:13 AM

Another comment .... you can use Unity's morph pack with the V3 MATs base - a bit of a workaround though. Go into Unity w morphs, apply the morphs and then export as an OBJ file. Then open up the Unity/V3 and load the morph target.

MzShatzie ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2006 at 7:27 AM

Hey! I didn't know that :-) I'll give that a shot :-) Thanks for the tip!

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2006 at 7:44 AM

Sorry I was a bit vague, here is a bit more information ....

(1) Just export the head for starters.
(2) When exporting, and a set of checkbox options come up, uncheck every one except the last one (As morph target - no world transformations).
(3) To import, click the head of Unity/V3, select Object/Load Morph Target and go to the OBJ previously exported.

steerpike ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2006 at 7:58 AM

Thanks for the help; that's been very useful. As you say, it's my call now...

neftis ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 11:18 AM

Hello, I also wanted to add that if you are using Poser5 or 6 it's even easier to have all the morphs from the Unity plus on the V3 Uvs fit.

Here how you can do....
1-Load the V3 UVS Head
2-select the head by clicking on it and go to the setup room
3-load the Unity plus head and go back to the pose room to resave your new head in the library...

That's it...You got the V3 head UVS with all Unity plus morphs!
Hope it helps!

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 6:24 PM

Thanks, Nef, I didn't know that. I will give it a try :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.