Tue, Oct 22, 5:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 2:11 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Apollo on the move. :)

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 6:35 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:27 AM

I know some of you are going to think I am just insane, but I have decided to remove APollo from Content Paradise and termiante my publishing agreement with e-frontier.

I know it must seem unimaginable. I guess at my age, you just figure that you deserve the best. I left for a variety of reasons. Most are pure business related.

Regarding those who have made APolo items. I adore you all. It was with a heavy heart I terminated the agreement. But I have very specific rules and standards I operate by.

Rcent events really made me realize that I didn't leave my old career to be  unsatistfied. I wanted to update some more files and perhaps reconsider packaging and such anyway.

I have talked with Clint for months about the possibility of moving Apollo here. Gotta love Clint. Great guy. Biggest issue is the file size. I will work it out somehow.

I will have more info at my site when the time is right.. :) Email me if you need to. Flames will be ignored.

Anton

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 7:11 PM

Anton,

I'm sure that Apollo will find a good home soon. He's way too good a figure to be out of action for very long.

In the meantime, I'll be busy making new Apollo items. I've got Apollo Enhanced almost ready, and I'm working on some new leathers for my main man. Then there's some military stuff I've been working on for him too.

Good luck, bud! I'll keep you and Apollo in my thoughts.

Jim

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 7:14 PM

Hey thanks. :)

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Ironbear ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 7:22 PM

Quote - I know some of you are going to think I am just insane, but I have decided to remove APollo from Content Paradise and termiante my publishing agreement with e-frontier.

I know it must seem unimaginable. I guess at my age, you just figure that you deserve the best. I left for a variety of reasons. Most are pure business related.

So. Do you still have both pinkies?

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 7:28 PM

I don't know what that means. You mean fingers? I count 10. :)

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 7:40 PM

"If a kobun fails his oyabun, he must undergo yabitsume, a form of reparation for his failings. The most common method of this reparation is "finger-cutting." To atone for his failure, a kobun must willingly cut off a part of a finger, or in serious cases the entire finger. "Generally, yabitsume is performed in a very formal ritual attended by the oyabun. The individual making amends ties a white cloth around the finger and is presented with a sharp knife. He then cuts off his own finger. Showing any pain or emotion during the procedure brings even greater shame than the initial failure or disobedience"

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 7:42 PM
byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 7:52 PM

Yes I have all my fingers. That scenario doesn't apply to me. You guys have too much time on your hands. :)

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 8:05 PM

I counted mine too, just in case. When I got to 11, I figured I'd gotten lost....

carodan ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 8:18 PM

One Apollo item ready and another in the making. Just say where and when, I'll be there.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

zulu9812 ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 8:36 PM

What does this mean for prospects of a face room module?

spinner ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 8:36 PM

. ~s

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 9:06 PM

Thanks all.

zulu9812,

The face room module is still due out soon as far as I have been told. The work is already been done so there should be no issues.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 10:02 PM

I wish you the best of luck.  Let us know where you wind up.

ynsaen ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 10:24 PM

latest developments in my blog...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 10:38 PM

lol.  God you need a hobby.

ynsaen ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 10:43 PM

but anton...

This is my hobby...

tsk tsk.  silly goose :D

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 10:53 PM

Speaking as a non-merchant and non-professional 3D Artist, I guessed there was more to it than "Personality".

A few days ago, when I saw the-now-irrelevant-to-AM licence which was on the now-obsolete CP webpage for AM, it read that the content fell under the Poser EULA. 

When I read further down that text, it said that the company does not enforce the rights of the third-party content providers.  Also, that copyright remains with the third-parties.  The text makes a distinction between what content is developed by the software owners, and those of third-party providers.  I am guessing third-party refers to the bundled content (such as the runtimeDNA stuff, the Blue Moon Studios stuff, some Zygote stuff, etc etc).

Which, in my mind at that time, meant that those creators would have to bear the brunt of any litigation / protection of their IP rights.  Add that to other commercial issues such as what Anton has posted on his own website.  A formula for discontent.  Well, I guess it went over the edge for Anton and so, AM moves once again.

I hope eveyrthing works out for everyone this time round.  It will be good to move on.

I don't have any idea how CP run their business with their content-providers, and I don't want to talk about that.  I don't bear any ill-feelings towards CP;  I'm just another little customer of theirs, who likes some of the things they sell.  Just sharing my view on the case.

Eternal Hobbyist

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 10:56 PM

Clark has nothing to do with this. As far as I know e-frontier is actually unaware of the Clark issue.

jefsview ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 11:13 PM

I wish you all the best, Anton. Let me know where you land, and I'll be there. With CASH :)

-- Jeff (jefsview)

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 11:18 PM

hey thanks Jeff. I appreciate it.

jefsview ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 11:32 PM

I still need to get that second Clothing set of AM. So ihope you find the best place you can to showcase Apollo. This was just very sudden, like your favorite aunt dying! Do what's best for yourself and your creations. I'm a novelist/short story writer, so I understand the need to do what's best for your own vision.

Best,

Jeff

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 11:34 PM

I have a question. Isn't Rosity part of Content Paradise? Won't Apollo show up in CP anyway if it's sold here at Rosity?

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 11:40 PM

No prob Jeff. Thanks again.

ynsaen ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 11:41 PM

Spiritbro,

Only if the vendor checks a specific box on the submission form that allows it. Its up to the vendor, in other words.

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 11:52 PM

Thanks ynsaen........I didn't know that! :) For some reason I just assumed the entire store came up in CP. Learn something new every day.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 12:27 AM

Anton,

I hope you find the perfect home for Apollo and do what ever updates you need to do.  I'll be looking for your announcement! 

All the best

Richard ;-)~

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 12:30 AM

Thanks RIchard.

Wyvern13 ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 1:15 AM

Grrrrr . . . just when I had finally scraped together the cash and justified the purchase to myself, he's gone.

Hope you can find a good solid vendor for him soon - I want my Apollo!

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 1:50 AM

Hey Anton,

Sorry to read about your problems with eF and CP.  Typical.  Now you know why you don't see any of my plugins for sale here or elsewhere - only on my site using Paypal.  No issues with accounting, payment, or needing to jack prices to pay for the hosting cut. ;)

Good luck and keep us aprised

Robert

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

SophiD ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 3:59 AM

same as Wyvern13!

I hope Apollo finds a friendly home soon!! Good luck Anton! :)

Posermatic ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 7:23 AM

I don't understand why the CP people let you go, Apollo is the best Poser figure to date!

Everything happens for a reason, wish you the best of luck!

PM

drafter69 ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 7:48 AM

New leathers....... sounds hot.   I am sure Apollo will be fine because the character is way too advanced from the M3 guy that many of us will never go back to "ok" when we have "great" to play with. 

I'll look forward to seeing apollo's success for 2 reasons.  1.  The character is fantastic (although he still needs an anus)   2. I am sick of DAZ controlling the market.

Ron

Quote - Anton,

I'm sure that Apollo will find a good home soon. He's way too good a figure to be out of action for very long.

In the meantime, I'll be busy making new Apollo items. I've got Apollo Enhanced almost ready, and I'm working on some new leathers for my main man. Then there's some military stuff I've been working on for him too.

Good luck, bud! I'll keep you and Apollo in my thoughts.

Jim

judee3d ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 7:58 AM

Is there any reason you can't set up a store on your own site? Something that would have not only your own Appollo stuff, but perhaps host the work of others who make products for Apollo? I know this would probably entail a certain expense for store set up etc, but the sales should pay for it and then some.

I think it would be kind of neat to have a store just for Apollo and any future companions you might make.  It's not like people wouldn't find you - word would spread fast andyou could still visit forums and leave links, etc.

Just a thought...

dirk5027 ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 8:00 AM

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 8:32 AM

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 8:50 AM

I hope to get notice of where Apollo is for sale next. I bought the original one from RDNA, the update from CP.. Wonder if I can finally spend my instore credits here on his next incarnation, or whatever it will be? The face room module perhaps?

No matter what, Apollo is still a great figure...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 10:12 AM

Best of luck, Anton. :)

Kreations By Khrys

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 11:03 AM

Yes, best of luck anton.

I'm off to note the final decision in my blog, and close this chapter down.

Too bad Shaharah won't get any recompense for the damage you've caused.

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 11:36 AM

See what happens when I disappear for years on end without checking in? Dang...last time I was here this place used to be called....oh dang let me not even GO there LOL.

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 11:40 AM

waves at PAN

Damn, boy, where you been!!  Last time I saw you was just before C&D closed down.

You didn't get stuck did ya?

Second to last blog on this: http://artzone.daz3d.com/blog/index.php?seid=ynsaen

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 12:39 PM

Anton has posted his response on his own website.

I'll have the next blog up shortly.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 12:42 PM

www.byanton.com

The website.

Kreations By Khrys

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 5:35 PM

ynsaen, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm really confused by your comments.  In another thread, you mentioned that you used your experience and knowledge of modelling in order to render an objective comparison.  Maybe it's from having a scientific background, but I believe once you proclaim objectivity you forfeit being able to introduce your own personal opinions.  Again, I'm not saying this as a personal attack, just that I find it odd...

Billy ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 8:36 PM

Cool Anton, that's great news! While Apollo takes a break, is there any chance of you reworking his mapping so I can use that awesome Clark texture on him in the MP?

Thanks in advance,
Billy :)

billy423uk ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 9:02 PM

i did not write the last post nor know who did. i am peturbed that someone else wrote it though. if i click on the profile  it takes me to billy's homepage. my home page is billy423uk. both pages are the same with the same info showing my IM's. how is it that someone can allow access to my page through a different name. unlike the billy above i do not wish to wind anyone up. a decision has been made (the right one in my mind) and thats the end of it. so if anyone  clicks on the profile and sees it's me, it isn't.  can a mod check into it please.

thanks

billy

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 9:03 PM

mod?

billy423uk ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 9:05 PM

oops, silly me it, shows my message count irrispective of who's profile i click on. sorry mods.

billy

DarkStarBurning ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 12:26 AM

Silly Billy :lol:

billy423uk ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 2:18 AM

Silly Billy

mod?...rrotflmao

billy

DarkStarBurning ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 3:58 AM

chuckle

As my dear old Mum likes to say... "Don't be a big girl's blouse" lol

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.