Fri, Jul 5, 10:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 04 6:06 pm)

Subject: virii alert

vikinglady ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2006 at 9:04 PM · edited Fri, 05 July 2024 at 10:55 AM

I am posting this to alert fellow users to the Win32.Polipos.  A fellow user alerted Chat earlier and gave us these 2 links. http://info.drweb.com/show/2815/en & http://download.drweb.com/drweb+cureit/.  He had all of his DAZ exe's infected by this virus.  It has infected 2 others user of my personal acquaintence.  One of them had Poser infected.  I checked just in case and am not.

Thanks.

LiquidRust ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 6:18 PM

Omfg...I had this virus like...destroy my computer a few days ago..it's finally back up and running, but it's just...it was the worst virus I've ever come in contact with...I'm a bit confused...

where did it come from??

vikinglady ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 6:30 PM

The replies in this thread may have some of the answers you are looking for.

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2668941

It is in the Hardware / Technical Forum.

vikinglady ( ) posted Sat, 06 May 2006 at 3:58 PM

I posted this over in Poser forum.  I am seeing some are forgetting to disable System Restore and accidently re-infecting themselves.  I hope this helps.  :m_peace:

Posted Thu, May 4, 2006 11:19 pm

Quote - "How do you purge system restore?"

1. Start button
  2. All Programs
  3. Accessories
  4. System Tools
  5. System Restore and follow directions
  • Or right click My Computer Icon
  • System Restore tab
  • Fill/check 'Turn off System Restore on all drives
  • Click OK

Do not forget to Re-enable system restore once the computer is clean and safe.

Eleidess ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2006 at 9:19 AM

I had this exact same virus a few weeks ago.
At that time I was using Avira Antivirus as my virus-program, wich it infected aswell.
And I lost half of my daz-studio downloads and exe programs.

• I got the same virus again yesterday from dc++ when I tried to download a poser-tutorial from a user.
     Glad I bought myself F-secure 2006. As the programs detects the virus, and deletes it. :)

music2u4u ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 8:52 PM

OMG!...This 32worm just destroyed my new Sony VAIO. The first thing it took out was my norton antivirus, then it took out my system restore so I could not go back to a point before it came in. I save all my Daz/poser .exes on disc and when I put a disk in and opened it, I could sit there and watch it crawl from one file to another. Trying to stop it, I could not keep up with the rate at which it was destroying. It would not let me eject the disk or shut down the computer, so I had no choice but to unplug it before it did too much damage....too late. In a matter of two or three minutes,it destroyed every program in my pooter...not just Daz/poser .exes,but many others as well. I am still finding disks with it on there. I can pinpoint about where I got it though if it helps anyone....I was surfing around from some links I got from the posergirls site links page that are all Japanese. I had heard that Japanese sites are famous for viruses and so I was being cautious. I came to a page where there was a large black square with some japanese writing and a toon graphic of a kitty cat. I do not read japanese so I don't know what it was saying but I felt like it was a redirect page or a 404 error page or something like that.My Norton poped up saying it was the Polip and quarenteened it. I deleted it but obviously it did not go away because two days later is when I was wiped out. The wipeout did not occur until I updated the micro Defs in my Norton...immediately after that is when The destruction started and two minutes later I was wipedout. I had to do a complete stripdown,format,and rebuild. I use Windows Media Edition on this computer...but I use Windows 98SE on my computer at work....WHICH IT ALSO DESTROYED!!!!!! because I have a cd disk I use to transfer my work between home and work. It rode in on that disk and got into THAT computer as well. It has been a nightmare for me and I can only say...whoever you are that created this worm....SHAME,SHAME,SHAME!!!...God will get you for it and all the innocent people you hurt with it. You are a worthless P.O.S.(pardon my Japanese!)...anyway thanks for the link to a possible fix for it...I will get it. YOU...are an angel!

vikinglady ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 9:49 PM

music2u4u
You are most welcome.

I am sorry to hear this happened to you.  Most AV companies have been slow on recognizing this virus as a threat to the whole internet community. 

I hope this helps.  If you can download onto a flashdrive [ramstick usb] that may be a infection by pass.  Have not tried that, someone else mentioned it on another site.

Good luck,

VikingLady

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.