Fri, Oct 4, 5:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Lighting causes artifacts -- how to fix?

muralist ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 5:11 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 1:41 AM

file_341564.jpg

I have only two lights in this setup -- one IBL (no AO) and  one infinite light.  Ive tried various settings, AO on and off, inceresed the shadowmap size, tried point, infinite, etc, but still get these artifacts in the deep shadow creases.  What causes this and how can I fix it?

Medzinatar ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 10:55 AM

On the suit itself, try setting "normals forward" in the material room

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 4:52 PM

and make sure you don't have "remove backfacing polygons" turned on in your render settings.  gorgeous outfit by the way.

BeyondVR ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 5:03 PM

Those white lines are all at joints, like the texture map doesn't quite fit.  Does it render okay with regular lighting?

After you get the figure in there, I don't think anyone will notice.  That guy's head must be HUGE ;)

John

muralist ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 12:15 AM

Backfacing polygons "off" and it renders fine.  Thanks!

muralist ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 4:10 PM

file_341859.jpg

Ok so i fixed that problem, but now this happens:  same light setup.  Help!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.