Mon, Sep 23, 6:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 7:15 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: ebots

Christel ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 5:27 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 6:16 PM

I get ebots from artist that arn`t in my favorit list?

Will this continue?

Christel

I want to take your hand and walk you through my dreams...

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 5:32 AM

It will if you stay subscribed to a gallery type.

Christel ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 5:37 AM

:-O eeehhh.. ok.. what... hmmmm I have to look at this..

What do i have to do just to get ebots about my favorittes?

AnnaKirsten ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 5:59 AM

Unfortunately I have to join in and say that I'm not getting any ebots for comments on my images at all since the galleries have been upgraded, although I have received a couple of ebots for fav. artists - very randomly though!  I'm having a personal nightmare at the moment navigating the site and fiding out which section will lead me to the place I actually want, because some links, such as My Options, go to different My Options to other links to the same thing!  Today my Homepage (which if I click on it at the sidebar takes me to a place to send a message) is missing completely.

I'm sure that this is all part of what has to be expected when upgrades so huge as this are made, and different areas of the site are being worked on in turn - what a mammouth task this must have been!  So sorry if it seems like complaining, but just would like to know if these are things that will become clear and simple in the future - and of course, whether the ebots will start to come through  and there will be the option to have them switched on or off (I did find that option for fav. artists, but not for comments btw.)

AnnaKirsten

My Website

Is the light at the end of the tunnel my way out, or is it an oncoming train just about to make me extinct?

Doc000 ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 7:00 AM

I'm getting ebots for gallery comments, forum responses and wishlist items on sale, but not for favorite artists.  And since my email program is set to display only text, the HTML in the ebots is getting garbled and the links don't take me where they should.  This never happened with ebots from the old gallery...the links displayed fine in plain text format.

Adavyss ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 7:05 AM

Quote -

...I'm not getting any ebots for comments on my images at all since the galleries have been upgraded, although I have received a couple of ebots for fav. artists - very randomly though...

Exactly the same problem here, except I'm not sorry if it seems like complaining.

netvampire ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 7:17 AM

I;ve bloomin lost count of the email's i have been getting from artist uploads that are not in my fav list, and i am not talking about 1 or 2  ...last check was over 20 or  30...at a time..enough is enough thanks.......................

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 7:17 AM

Doesn't anyone think it's MORE important to get the site back up and running correctly or links working correctly again before worring about ebots. To here you guys talk, it sounds as if ebots are more important to you that the site working. They had some serious problems with servers, give 'em a break and let them fix things as they can get to them.

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:08 AM

If you subscribe to a gallery, you will get ebots every time someone uploads, not just your favourite artists. Unsubscribe from those galleries and you won't get the ebots anymore.
It has been mentioned elsewhere that the favourite artist ebots will be up and running once the gallery conversion and tweaking is finished.

Christel ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:53 AM

That is sooooooo dumb :-O

CRY well, if i shal cuntinue to be able to follow my favorittes i`m really happy that i have my own server mail LOL This really is stressfull! I really really miss the old galley!!

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:07 AM

Quote - I really really miss the old galley!!

Me too!

Christel ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:10 AM

grin well, we just have to learn to live with this!!! he he he

netvampire ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:05 AM

tried to unsubscribe but the tick keeps coming back, i know rendos are trying to fix all this stuff, but thats not going to keep my email crashing sooner or later with an overload of messages

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:32 AM

Programmers are working on making sure the changes are saving when you unsubscribe to a gallery.

AnnaKirsten ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:53 AM · edited Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:56 AM

Quote from Cherokee!  Doesn't anyone think it's MORE important to get the site back up and running correctly or links working correctly again before worring about ebots. To here you guys talk, it sounds as if ebots are more important to you that the site working. They had some serious problems with servers, give 'em a break and let them fix things as they can get to them.

Well now Cherokee, how very unsurprising that someone apparently has nothing bettter to do than read through a whole gammut of things people have said out of their concerns - quite naturally so - just in order to be unpleasant about it!!!!!!  So typical - and let me tell you, many have left Rendo because of such unpleasantness in the forums (and other things too)! 

I guess in that case you have also read everything else "we guys" have said elsewhere too?  And also that "we guys" in most instances do realise these things will take time?  Do you have any positive input to make I wonder, or do you just enjoy reading all the stuff you don't approve of in order to put others down?

Go on stab me!  I have nothing to lose!!!!!

AnnaKirsten

My Website

Is the light at the end of the tunnel my way out, or is it an oncoming train just about to make me extinct?

Christel ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 12:19 PM

Quote - Doesn't anyone think it's MORE important to get the site back up and running correctly or links working correctly again before worring about ebots. To here you guys talk, it sounds as if ebots are more important to you that the site working. They had some serious problems with servers, give 'em a break and let them fix things as they can get to them.

I think me and other have the right to say what we think about the new gallery! And many users dont have BIG mailboxes. I was very happy with the old gallery, and i really dont understand why Ren wanted to change it in the first place.. I had my favorit artist list, and was very satisfied to get ebots when they uploaded new images. and i had the choice (without mails streaming in my mailbox) to se other artsists uploads IF i wanted to!

When there is so BIG changes, its NOT funny that people react, that is something REN have to expect.

MariaAJMD ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 4:59 PM

I agree, I've been swamped with tons of ebots that aren't from my favorites. I do hope this is fixed soon. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my FAv's never mind getting tons of other ebots and having to sift through them to find my favs. I rather come to the gallery to do that then to have to be stuck with tons of ebots.

That's my two cents!
Maria

Proud Owner Of

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 6:12 PM

Getting ebots now and then.

I am missing a lot of images.

Hope it gets fixed soon...I know things take time though

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 6:33 PM

Stacey, I'm getting ebots for the forums but when I click the link, it goes to www.renderosity.com and not the forum link of market.renderosity.com

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 6:46 PM · edited Fri, 16 June 2006 at 6:47 PM

Ditto cherokee69....:m_fit: Ebots going to old servers.  By the way exactly is the correct address now.... is market.renderosity....excalibur.renderosity.....Cripes I can't keep up :blink:

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 7:45 PM · edited Fri, 16 June 2006 at 7:45 PM

Quote - Ditto cherokee69....:m_fit: Ebots going to old servers.  By the way exactly is the correct address now.... is market.renderosity....excalibur.renderosity.....Cripes I can't keep up :blink:

The forums are on market.renderosity.com

The gallery is on excalibur.renderosity.com

The Gallery link at the top of this page has the old address and if you click it, you get that error page.

Kinouk ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 7:56 PM

I'm not getting ebots on my favorite artists. I can't even find the list of them....now what do I do???????????????????????

hugz

Joan

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:27 PM

Go to MY OPTIONS while in the gallery then click on MY FAVORITES. Make sure when you click on your favorite artist that each one is set to receive notifications.

Kinouk ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:33 PM

Thanks Stacey :)

hugz

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:55 PM

Hi,

Mine are all turned on but still not getting all my ebots.

Just to let you know.

Thank you.

Nancy Deer With Horns

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:01 PM

Anyone getting forum ebots that actually work on come to the message thread they are for or do they go to an error page? All mine link to www.renderosity.com instead of market.renderosity.com.

Kinouk ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:13 PM

Nancy I'm not getting any ebots for my favorite artists. Hope they get this fixed soon.

hugz

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:51 PM

Yes Joan...

I get ebots when someone comments on an image I do but none from favorite artists.

I miss the ebots!

Nancy Deer With Horns

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:16 PM

Quote - tried to unsubscribe but the tick keeps coming back, i know rendos are trying to fix all this stuff, but thats not going to keep my email crashing sooner or later with an overload of messages

Try unticking everything, and -before saving- put one single tick in a less popular gallery (I put a tick in the ZBrush one) then save.

fygomatic ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:19 PM

Could the 'favorite artist' ebots go back to including the whole link instead of embedding them in "click here"? I'm on AOL and if I click on the link it launches my AOL browser, I'd rather be able to copy and paste the link into my preferred browser.

denisegoldau ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 12:41 AM

How to unsubscribe to a gallery? Can anybody help?

Thanks. Denise

Btw, I agree with AnnaKirsten: >>I'm having a personal nightmare at the moment navigating the site and fiding out which section will lead me to the place I actually want, because some links, such as My Options, go to different My Options to other links to the same thing!<<

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 11:37 AM

Go to MY OPTIONS when in the Galleries and you can unsubscribe to a gallery there. Be sure and save your changes:)

denisegoldau ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 12:51 PM

Thanks a lot for your answer Stacey, but I've tried to uncheck the choosed box and after saving the changes the box was again checked.

Xena ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 7:13 PM

Read the whole thread :)

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 7:40 PM

This is fixed now so you can unchecked them and save the changes and it will now leave them all unchecked and saved:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.