Tue, Oct 22, 9:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: New galleries going live

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 12:57 AM

Hmm.. First impression:

Blinding.

I'd just gotten rid of the whiteness on the forum part of the page, only to find that it has come back to haunt me in the gallery of all places.

People... there's a reason why most art is shown on black background (think picture frames): IT LOOKS BETTER ON BLACK!

Can we PLEASE at least have the pop-up display it with a black background? If you don't want to mess up your precioussss design on the main gallery page, PLEASE at least display the pic with a proper background when zoomed.

And what's with the zoom anyway? I know a lot of sites use it, and I hate it everywhere. A lot of people are never going to bother clicking the Zoom, and thus they'll only see a reduced version of the picture. Now personally my pictures are rarely all that big, but for some who are used to posting really large pictures here, the compression will kill their images. And as it has been stated earlier in this thres: Many people will judge the pic from the non-zoomed version, either not knowing it could be better/larger , oor just not bothering - and still they can comment on it, a comment that might be inluenced by the fact that they're seeing a compressed version of a picture :(

I like a lot of the new gallery - right now, the speed is awesome, and I like that you can see how long it's been since a new pic is uploaded. Really boggles the mind when you see how many pics are upped here :o)

I don't really see the use of avatars in the gallery but I don't mind it either. I like my avvie ;o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 12:58 AM

Quote - Anybody else getting this when they try to view the galleries?

Error: License tampering detected for 'gallery'

heh I can't even get into the gallery right now... Probably because I just wrote that the speed was great LOL

Fickle beast, that Nemesis...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Moonbiter ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 2:08 AM

To whom it may concern;

Galleries broke, no opinion formed, will try again tomorrow morning.

Simderella ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 5:26 AM

hmm well i'd like to give an opinion but as I can't even access it, but its not looking promising. All i get it 'page cannot be displayed' which judging from the majority of the comments on the home page link it's possibly a good thing. I am on a very fast broadband connection. This whole site is very very slow since all the 'improvements'.

I wonder when the powers that be will realise and take on board the old saying 'don't fix it if it ain't broke'...

As a community we just don't like change.

My Gallery

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 5:39 AM · edited Thu, 15 June 2006 at 5:40 AM

As of rigth now..6/15/06 at 6:37 AM EST...EVERYTHING is down including the home page. The only things thast are working isd the market place and the forums. Wonder how long it's going to be before everything stops working.

jartz ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 8:36 AM

As of today, I noticed that too, since the change it's been quite haywire.  As it was told that it would be 2-3 hour shut-down since 3 p.m. and it took till 10 EST that evening for the site to come back, and allowing me to upload new pic.  So, I assume they're still working on it.

As for the change, it's a give and take.  I don't see any of my favorite images from other artists, nor do I receive e-mails of New Images from artist. 

Other than that, I'm glad to have uploaded an image that has taken me 12 hours to render [sheesh, and loss of sleep later].  Still get the "Problems loading page" message on Firefox browser when I view my gallery.

So, they must be hard at work now.

We shall see!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 6:59 PM

Ok I gotta ask.... what is up with the excalibur/camelot gig??? And an even better question... where is King Arthur?? :snickers: Does this mean the mods are now executioners?? LOL :clutching throat nervously: I think Im wayyyy under-dressed for medeival times

On a more serious note, I gotta vent here. Now I think I could actually dig on the galleries and the forums... IF I COULD GET INTO THEM!!! lol Im quite frustrated at the moment coz nothing is loading, or its taking an eternity to. And everytime it seems to be working, I play around for a few minutes only for it to break again. Is there a specific time where this is all going to be stable? Lemme know so I can come back then LOL As I understood it, the site was only going to be down the 13th.... but its been periodically broken ever since. If I had patience to begin with, its now completely lost -- but I didn't so, Im not quite sure where that leaves me.  :huh:

And also, are the ebots going to be working again eventually?? As of now, Im not getting any (not that I could tell anyway with the site being down)

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 1:51 AM

From what I understand, the new server (Excalibur... and by the way, I bagsy Merlin) could not handle the load from the galleries AND the forums, so yesterday they were frantically swapping servers about to try to load-balance.
So for now we have the galleries on excalibur, the "old" community things (freestuff, frontpage, tutorials, etc) on camelot and the servers back on market.

As of this morning, it appears to be stable, although what will happen when you americans get up and come online, I don't know.

It's at times like these when I start to believe that computers aren't all they're cracked up to be :glare:

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 3:14 AM

Yeah puters can be pretty unpredictable, as much as web development can be. I code PHP and lemme tell you, everytime something goes wrong, I FREAK LOL And PHP is so easy to mess up too, even for the more experienced. Its nothing like html coding, thats for sure. I cant even begin to imagine tho, what hauling a huge site like this entails. Here's hoping things are stable now :crossing fingers:

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 6:23 AM

Quote - .

All I get with that link is:

The page cannot be found.

Cheers

DR

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

gg77 ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:09 PM

I do not like the new gallery format and I particularly regret the loss of the Top 20. Why was this done? I do not have time to look at a lot of poor quality renders and the Top 20 gave me a chance to see quality work.

vilian ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 6:12 AM

I don't grieve over Top20 - in most cases there wasn't anything interesting there, over and over same artist with votes from their friends and followers. There's more than that in the galleries - more variety, and certainly more quality too.

Can someone please answer my question on how to find out who added one's pics to their Favourites ? puppy dog begging eyes

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

Lully ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 4:49 AM

I agree with vilian,

The top 20 also only shows poser stuff, there is alot more variety out there with superb photography and brillaint 2d work which I think is as good as the stuff found on top20 (most of the 20 are brilliant artists we strive to be like but i feel there are a few who are only their because of followers and friends voting)  if you only look at the 20 then you will miss out on a lot of great stuff

Tools:- Win10, Dell XPS8900, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer 11, Hex 2, PSP8. PSP 2019 Ultimate, DAZ Studio, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Filterforge 11, flowscape,  Classic UVMapper, and several headache tablets. 

gg77 ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 10:54 AM

Regarding the Top 20, I agree that it has been controversial over the years. I used to be more active with Poser but career demands have left me with little time. The Top 20 in Poser and Vue gave me a sampling of quality work. I am the first to admit that it was often a 'club' that featured the work of a minority of the best works in the gallery but it did give me a quick overview of some quality works.

Lully ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 11:08 AM

Fair doo's, if time is limited then i guess its the best place to start :o)

Tools:- Win10, Dell XPS8900, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer 11, Hex 2, PSP8. PSP 2019 Ultimate, DAZ Studio, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Filterforge 11, flowscape,  Classic UVMapper, and several headache tablets. 

agdink ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 5:50 AM

I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem with accessing the zoomed images?  I sometimes have to click on an image from the gallery thumb 3-4 times in order to be able to click on the small version and have the pop-up show me the full sized image.  And I gotta ask... If you're gonna shrink the images for the gallery, why not antialias them?  Geez they look crappy and with the issu I'm having trying to access the full image,... Well, it's just frustrating.

meselfr ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2006 at 3:48 PM

actually happy with the new gallery setup... I really didn't like the pop up a new browser on each view and I don't miss the Hot 20 because I was never there ( hehehehe )... but if they really want to reduce the volume of traffic to the gallery they should have made one change... send the comment in the ebot message you get when someone comments....  That would prevent me from looking at my images so many times... which would cut down the bandwidth, etc...  Also I could read my comments at work...

Cheers/mes

Lully ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2006 at 4:46 PM

hey that's a brilliant idea meselfr,  Shame rendo didnt think of that, it would save us keep going back  into the gallery to read them, HEY RENDO, I HOPE YOU ARE READING THIS, ^  ^  ^  :o)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.