Mon, Sep 23, 5:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 7:15 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Gallery Stats.

Star4mation ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 2:24 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 5:20 PM

Has enyone noticed that there are some huge holes in the Top 100 statistics in most viewed,most commented etc in the Daz/Studio gallery. All genre seem to be effected Example :- my image "Out of the Shadows 2"  Daz/Studio-Fantasy, has 665 views but is not featured in the 100 most  viewed D/S Fantasy images, when images with less viewings are in the top100. Also "Cross Dressing Dragon"  D/S Humor, has more comments than any in the top 100 most commented D/S Humor images. Thats just a few ommisions in the stats. Whats going on? Does R'osity hate me or are there others out there with missing images from the 100 most....

Who was it that said "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics"

Steve :(

If it ain't free, I can't afford it.

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 2:44 PM

The default view for "most viewed" is the last 45 days. If you click on the link which says "of all time" (above and to the right of the thumbs, below the page numbers) you will see the all-time top viewed in that category, and yours is there :-)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 2:53 PM

I'm checking on this. Hold tight.

Star4mation ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 3:10 PM · edited Thu, 22 June 2006 at 3:23 PM

Thanks Karen, did'nt see that link. Trust R'ority to get it arse about face! I would expect the default to be100 most.... of all time!! Silly me :)

Steve:)

PS just checked out "Cross Dressing Dragon" Top 100 of all time *D/S Humour) most commented, its got 17 comments which is the top spot equal with "Windy Day" but it is on page two in between two images with 4 comments. Why?

If it ain't free, I can't afford it.

Tissaia ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 5:26 PM

Hi,
when I click on most commented pics category (from last 45 days) on the first place there's a picture from 2005, second one is from 2001, third from 2005 etc. Same thing happens in other categories.
I really like new galleries and the idea of 'best from last 45 days' and hope this bug (?) will be solved soon :)

williamsn ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 6:21 PM

Most viewed in last 45 days is all images that have HAD a view WITHIN the last 45 days, ordered by the number of views. N

-Nicholas

Tissaia ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 6:57 PM

Quote - Most viewed in last 45 days is all images that have HAD a view WITHIN the last 45 days, ordered by the number of views. N

So that's why 'best from last 45 days' looks the almost the same as 'best of all time'?
That's a pity :( It will be hard to find a pic which will get more than 10.000 views in 45 days...

ps I've just checked 'top 100 viewed from last 45 days' from all galleries. There's no even one pic from 2006.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 12:35 AM · edited Fri, 23 June 2006 at 12:36 AM

Speaking of  "Statistics",  why are our image statistics being shown at the bottom of our gallery?

How many times my images have been viewed, or added to favourites, or commented on is no one's business but mine.  I'd rather see that as an option that WE can view ourselves and not made public.

I'm starting to feel like my privacy is being invaded and that 'Big Brother" is watching me with all of these changes.  It's totally creeping me out and I don't like it one bit!

• public viewing of my gallery/image stats
  • my recently viewed images are displayed at the bottom of my gallery
  • my online status is always visible on the forums

PLEASE!!!!!!!  Give us back some privacy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

williamsn ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 1:22 AM · edited Fri, 23 June 2006 at 1:22 AM

Your recently viewed are NOT displayed at the bottom of you gallery. They are displayed at the bototm of your SUMMARY page, which only YOU can view 😄 And people have ALWAYS been able to see whether or not you were online 😄. N

-Nicholas

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 5:02 AM · edited Fri, 23 June 2006 at 5:03 AM

Quote - They are displayed at the bototm of your SUMMARY page, which only YOU can view 😄

No, they aren't.   When I click "My Gallery" in the menu to the right, I am taken to a page that shows the last image I uploaded, my recent uploads, my favourite images and some of the most recent images I viewed in the gallery.

On that page there are two links for summary. One is just above the last image I uploaded  and it's called "Summary".  The other is in the top row of links and it's called "My Summary".  The "My Gallery" link in the menu to the right of this thread, the "Summary" and the "My Summary" links all take me to the same page.

There is no "Acadia's Statistics" listed at the bottom of that page.

Quote - Your recently viewed are NOT displayed at the bottom of your gallery.

Actually, yes, they are. 

Go to the galleries and click on any thumbnail.  Click on the artist's name that appears at the top of their image.  That link takes you to that artist's gallery.

On that page are thumbnails to more of their images, and at the bottom there is a nice large box that shows quite clearly their statistics.

Also, the link that takes you to that page shows "browse&user_id=XXXXXX" in the link. I'm assuming that the user ID that is being nicely displayed for all to see is the artists?

So something isn't right.

Quote - And people have ALWAYS been able to see whether or not you were online 😄. N

But not just by looking at a thread on the boards.

I have never liked the idea of a "who's online" period, even a separate area that you can do and look.  At least not without a way to opt out of it.

Not sure if you've seen my other post on this online issue, but I have gotten messages from complete strangers that I have not even seen post on the forums asking if I'd be their "friend".   It's rude to not respond, but what do you tell someone you've never "seen" around who asks you a question like that? 

williamsn ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 10:44 AM

I just did what you said and, I assure you, I saw the statistics box, but NOT the recently viewed. I can only see MY recently viewed. I cannot see anyone elses. If you believe you are seeing someone else's recently viewed, by all means, take a screen shot of it and show me. I clicked on "my gallery" and saw the two images I have uploaded and my statistics. I did not see the latest images I had viewed. I clicked back then clicked on "my summary" and, once again, saw the latest images that I had viewed, but that page is only viewable by me. I then did a "by artist" and searched for "acadia". I could see your images, and your statistics, but not your most recently viewed. And, just to be sure, I clicked on one of your images, the clicked on your name to go to your gallery and saw the same thing: your images and your statistics, but not your most recnetly viewed. I respectfully stand by the fact that you are wrong on this one, Acadia. Nobody else can see your recently viewed but you. And the userid displayed in the URL poses no security risk to any members. It is simply easier (and by database standards much faster) to query info using a number rather than a name. In fact, knowing a member's username is more of a security risk than knowing their userid, because the userid is useless to another member, but the username is half of all they need to know to log in under your identity. But, of course, we aren't going to hide usernames. N

-Nicholas

Giana ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 2:07 PM

"most recently viewed" is private, but i agree about wanting privacy on all those stats at the bottom of everyone's individual gallery AND the fact that i can be "seen" as being online...

both of those things/areas should belong & be viewable only to the respective individual that they reflect...

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 8:19 PM

Sorry, it was 5am when I made that post and I was tired.  I had read your earlier post as talking about the "Statistics", so my previous post was talking about the statistics, not the most  recently viewed images.

However, that being said I still ask that we are given back our privacy.

The fact that someone can click on my name above an image I posted and see my gallery statistics is just wrong.  The statistics of our galleries are our own business, no one elses.

Quote - I just did what you said and, I assure you, I saw the statistics box, but NOT the recently viewed. I can only see MY recently viewed. I cannot see anyone elses. If you believe you are seeing someone else's recently viewed, by all means, take a screen shot of it and show me. I clicked on "my gallery" and saw the two images I have uploaded and my statistics. I did not see the latest images I had viewed. I clicked back then clicked on "my summary" and, once again, saw the latest images that I had viewed, but that page is only viewable by me. I then did a "by artist" and searched for "acadia". I could see your images, and your statistics, but not your most recently viewed. And, just to be sure, I clicked on one of your images, the clicked on your name to go to your gallery and saw the same thing: your images and your statistics, but not your most recnetly viewed. I respectfully stand by the fact that you are wrong on this one, Acadia. Nobody else can see your recently viewed but you. And the userid displayed in the URL poses no security risk to any members. It is simply easier (and by database standards much faster) to query info using a number rather than a name. In fact, knowing a member's username is more of a security risk than knowing their userid, because the userid is useless to another member, but the username is half of all they need to know to log in under your identity. But, of course, we aren't going to hide usernames. N

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.