Mon, Jul 8, 1:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 01 5:58 pm)

Subject: Links broken repeatedly

Rykk ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 4:48 PM · edited Mon, 27 November 2023 at 9:57 AM

I'm noticing that the links I save to my gallery and the "best" pages seem to break about once a week. Just today I clicked the shortcut I have to my galley and it sent me to the main "all/all" page. I clicked the "most viewed" link and it sent me to the main fractals page. They worked yesterday and the day b4. Has anyone else seen this stuff? Or does anyone know how to get a link that won't break in 6 days?

I need VERY MUCH for these links to stay valid for the purpose of sending them to various galleries and friends who want to see my work. In the case of the galleries, this could result in me - or any other artist here - not being considered for display/representation. I've been holding off for a number of weeks already in sending links to a new upscale gallery in town that expresed interest because of the turmoil involved with the changeover. But things are STILL broken and time is running out for me to be considered for a showing this August. I can't send links that don't work, I just looks bad/unprofessional  ya know?

Rick

vikinglady ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 5:08 PM

Post this in Community Center Forum also.  May get StaceyG's attention.

Kid_Fisto ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 8:50 PM

it's probably because the site is still "under Restoration". they might still be changing the links around.

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 1:09 AM

I will look into this, but it wouldn't hurt to post it to the Community Center Forum also.  I have been kind of spinning about as well, and I assume it's all the new stuff, but I will ask.

~Viv

Fractals will always amaze me!

Harmen ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 2:54 AM

If you want to look professional, you best make a website on your own, hosted by a 'reliable' provider, then you wouldn't have to suffer through all these changes of this community. Also with 'reliable' providers things can go wrong. Like with mine, they deleted my whole website, just because their administration sucks, seems their system can't handle monthly payments... Now i just have to wait till they activate it again.

good luck

Harmen

Opportunity Establishes Creativity

Art & Texture

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 3:37 AM

Rykk,
Here is the link to your own gallery

*http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=Rykk

* As for the 'most viewed' 'most commented' Most Rated' etc, etc..links up top, those are for the main galleries....those are not links for your own galleries most viewed..you can find those stats below your gallery images in the stat box.

Hope this helps 😄

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.