Sat, Oct 5, 1:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: What do you listen to...?

IO4 ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 4:04 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 1:27 AM

Alot of the time when I'm creating a new image I like to listen to music, and find that my work is better when I do - I'm curious to know if anyone else does the same, and if you do what's your music/band(s) of choice?  It would be interesting to see the comparison of music with the image produced. Could you guess what type of music someone was listening to from the image? 

(Okay, so I'm a bit bored - been off sick all week :sad: - altogether now - aaahhhhh  (lol)  )

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 4:19 PM

actually I have the TV going; documentaries, Star Trek (G4), Military channel, movie channels, Discovery, History, Sci-fi channel..yada yada..

Haven't had a chance to listen to music much; everyone in the house likes either Rap or Country, or both (still having a hard time wrapping my head around that..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

IO4 ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 4:20 PM

Yep, I do the t.v bit too sometimes :)

Bryce Arena

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 5:50 PM

i specialy DONT listen to music ... with me its  music or grafix ... i make music and remixes etc etc.. so when i put on music my thoughs go the wrong way and while making grafix i start to think about the music ..not good :}

Chris 

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

diolma ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 5:55 PM

Mostly, if I'm working on something, I prefer as little noise as possible. Unfortunately, in the current heat (in the UK), I have to have the windows open, so I am subjected to the random sounds being foisted on me by cars with their stereos going full blast. Not to mention emergency vehicles (with sirens), locals on the street (having arguments and /or shouted conversations), car and other alarms going off.. the list of noise pollution goes on-and-on.

BUT! When the windows can be closed to keep out the chaos, then I can work in silence (aaahhh!)

And if I want music then it's probably going to be (any of) Pink Floyd's albums (1st), diverse American Country-Rock albums, or classical symphonies (depending on the mood I'm in)..

And no. You couldn't guess what type of image I'm working on fom the music (or vice-versa). In my own mind, the two are totally separate. (I'll concentrate on one thing at a time - the other is subordinate. If the music takes my attention, I stop working on the image...)

That's just me, but it might help your attempt at identifying the "influence of music"...

Cheers,
Diolma

aprilgem ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 6:54 PM

It doesn't matter what sounds there are. I tune everything out when I work on an image.

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 7:47 PM

If I am in the design stage of a picture I tend to have the tv on. Discovery channel, Nat Geo, History channel, Discovery Science, Animal Planet, or Crime and Investigation are my usual weapons of choice.  "Learn while you scribble" is my term for it.

Once I start using the computer my background noise options multiply.

I have all of my favourite songs off my CD's converted to MP3 and loaded on the hard drive. About 300 Mb worth. Rock, Pop, Country, Classical. Any thing from Anastacia to ZZ Top.

I also access Yahoo music. Again Rock, Pop, C...... You get the idea. NOTE: My favourite Musical Classification name. HEAVY METAL GOTH SYNTH. Try asking the small town CD store owner for some of that. LOL.

Option three is to put a DVD on. It is always something I have seen numerous times. Kingdom of Heaven gets a serious going over. As does Serenity, The Firefly Collection, The Core, and Stealth.  

Mahray ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 10:00 PM

I have about 7.5 gig of mp3s on the computer, tv, or movies/tv series playing on the laptop next to me.  Most of the time purely background stuff, often afternoon sport is good for this.

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 11:13 PM

I like most all Jazz old & new,  ....but when it comes to a band, Becker & Fagan of the  Steely Dan Band rocks my world.

Stephen Ray

sackrat ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 12:21 AM

White noise.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 1:26 AM

I listen to the music of the spheres...and the cubes, and the cones...

Actually I have silence (if I'm focussing) or my computerized music collection (3000+ cuts and counting, metal, blues, pop and rock classic and modern, blue grass, 20s-40s swing, R&B, and some music that defies classification) set to play at random.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 3:06 AM · edited Sat, 29 July 2006 at 3:07 AM
Forum Moderator

I have about 15gigs of music that ranges from -in time - ELP YES Pink Floyd right up to Nickleback, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil and everything in between except rap, soul and reggea.

If I'm in the mood for music-while-I-work I'll pick the album and listen to it non-stop for a week or two. This means I could have say Floyd's Division Bell on for 14 days straight. Last week it was Alanis Morrisette's Under Rug Swept, this week it was a playlist of Sting's quieter stuff, next week? whatever I'm in the mood for, but it looks like something from AeroSmith.

This is also a great way to get to know a new album. I play them over and over and eventually I get a feel of what the band had in mind when they created it. I also use headphones alot when something I'm working on needs my undivided attention - cuts out all the background rubbish and lets me immerse myself in this other world we call Bryce.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

jimw1 ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 4:22 AM

I do the same' listen to one particular band/album/song that reflects my mood and it always Inspires me' I would love to  have the option of attaching a piece of music as an optional (music off/on) with my images.Because my work is all about mood and atmosphere'Radiohead is my thing at the moment Ive just moved on from Portishead....The track "No surprises" is a wonderful song and Thoughtful lyrics''"A heart thats full up like a landfill' a job that slowley kills you' bruises that wont heal".......Thats where my next image is coming from.

Radiohead' Floyd'Zappa' and loads of other faves too many to mention.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 4:39 AM

Film Scores. Especially anything that is driving and action oriented. Gets the adrenaline flowing.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

RodsArt ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 5:06 AM

Television plays in the other room when I'm in the office. Music?...Hmmm, Everything but country, and only when I'm driving.

Classical
Jazz
Rock
Hip-Hop
Techno

.....but it has to be either Intense or Complex.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

Sans2012 ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 10:28 AM

Usually have a favorite Sci-Fi flick playing on my second monitor. Or some lite classical. One could imagine, I'm very cultured LOL!

I never intended to make art.

DJ_TATTOO ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 12:38 PM

file_349460.jpg

I listen to [www.hookahradio.com](http://www.hookahradio.com) most the time when im making graphics  thats where i DJ at so if your ever needing sometyhing to listen to give us a try.But yes i do see the difference betweeen my graphics with and without music and what type of music.

JAY aka DJ_TATTOO

PS:if anyone is looking to mentor a new bryce user im the person for you i jsut got it yesterday  and its alot different  from what im used to Paint Shop Pro 8

ariannah ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 1:09 PM

Most definitely soundtracks from films.  They usually encompass enough variation to cover the emotion of whatever I'm trying to evoke.  I find they inspire me as well.  The work of Ennio Morricone & John Williams are two film score composers I especially like.

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

Fourtyacres ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 1:19 PM

When I`m Playing with the Graphics I want something easy in the background, so I listen to Billie Holiday, Nora Jones, Bob Marley, Nina Simone, Sach(Louie Armstrong), Ray Charles!!

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 2:36 PM

Classical, Rap (both oldschool and current),  Jazz, Rock, Punk Rock, Metal, Symphonic Metal, Death Metal, Drum&Base, Atmospheric Drum&Base, Turntablism. And more?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

IO4 ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 3:04 PM

Turntablism :blink: That's a new one on me....

Bryce Arena

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 7:22 PM

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

ddaydreams ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 8:56 PM

My Brain can only do image or listen to music, but not both at the same time.
but if my brain could do both, I'de listen to Joe Satriani or Steve Vai**

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 9:10 PM

driving, action-oriented music while watching a counter that says "4 hours: 38 minutes left to render"..it's beyond me..;) (I know that's not what it says, but the really good renders take forever, it would make me antsy...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

matrixmode ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 10:00 PM

Most of the time I have the TV on tuned to a nature show or some sort of technology chanel.  But when I'm in the final stages of an image I start to get very serious and intense with concentration and I need something heavy, chunky, and loud to keep me on an even keel.  Stuff like older Metallica, Led Zepp, Zapp, System of a Down,  Prodigy,  The English Beat,  etc...I've been listening to the new Tool CD "10,000 Days" nonstop since it first came out.  The drummer is a nice fusion of Neil Peart of Rush and John Bohnam of Zepp.  He has the surgical bombing precision of Neil with the all out power of John.  A perfect combo!  I guess it mostly depends on what stage of an image I'm at.  :)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

ellocolobo ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 10:23 PM

Right now...garrison Keller> P Home Companion

IO4 ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 11:43 PM

Thanks Rayraz, thought it might be something like that.

Great bunch of responses here. My most recent listenings whislt creating have been mainly Queens of the Stone Age, Mark Lanegan, Interpol. Sometimes there'll be a bit of Massive Attack, Disturbed or Portishead thrown in (depending how long I'm sitting at the screen for).

Bryce Arena

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 11:55 PM

I listen to everything that I love which goes from classical European + Russian to trance and techno. Also rock, new age and whatever tickles me at the moment.

I guess I just love music of any sort, I've even been known to listen to classical Turkish music which is more like poetry as far as I see or hear. 8)

Catlin

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 12:55 AM

If i do anything in bryce i have mostly techno/trance/acid playing, as for bands/groups i like to play Lords of Acid, Scooter, Etnica, Pleiadiens, D-Devils or i might switch to something like AC/DC, Deep Purple, Led Zepplin, U2. But mainly the techno/trance to get the mind working.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

tjohn ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 3:49 AM

I tried to listen to rap music once. But someone kept cussing so loud that I couldn't hear the music. 😄

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 7:38 AM

Aah, do I read AC/DC? 😁 I love 'em! cant get enough of it hahaha.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Vile ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 5:58 PM

I am very eclectic. I will listen to most anything. Depends on my mood so I set up play lists for my mood. If I am somber then some classical. Or if I am ampped then Techno or Ambient. Lots of female singers like Björk or the Cranberries, some soundtracks.

NO COUNRTY or HipHop a little rap (very little like Beastie Boys) or my ears start to bleed!

CrazyDawg I have not listened to Lords of Acid in long time might have to spin that up!

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 9:49 PM

Depends on the mood, currently got Rammstein's Live Aus Berlin on. This afternoon was YoYo Ma's Japanese Melodies.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

danamo ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2006 at 3:54 PM

It varies. Some days I'll be in the mood for "World Music", such as Balinese Gamelan, Chinese opera, or Indian Raga recordings. On other days I'll be into classic Rock, Jazz, or Classical music. I don't care for much Rap, or Hip-Hop, but I still get a kick out of George Clinton and PFunk.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 7:46 AM · edited Wed, 09 August 2006 at 7:47 AM

Quote - actually I have the TV going; documentaries, Star Trek (G4), Military channel, movie channels, Discovery, History, Sci-fi channel..yada yada..

Haven't had a chance to listen to music much; everyone in the house likes either Rap or Country, or both (still having a hard time wrapping my head around that..;)

Oh I do the thing with the TV going.  Mostly its in the background but really it's in case I miss something... and I don't mean the news, I mean some fascinating discovery about the solar system or new tombs in Egypt, or How it Works on how you make a canoe or a shopping trolley... duh!

Music is okay (Nina Simone mostly at the moment - sometimes Led Zepplin, or Simply Red, Genesis, Queen, Black Sabboth etc) but I hate to think I might miss something on TV.

Lol!

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Gog ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 9:29 AM

Allsorts of stuff for me from mozart to metallica (quite literally) currently playing Aerosmith Big Ones, last album was Ministry of Sound the annual 2000.......

Rock / Metal tends to feature more then the other styles of music

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

wildman2 ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 12:13 PM

voices in my head

"Reinstall Windows" is NOT a troubleshooting step.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 5:06 PM

Ministry of Sound I find are great compilations of music, I love them. I've got a few from the past few years.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.