Sun, Oct 6, 7:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: An animation rendered with Bryce

AlfRaMusic ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2006 at 5:18 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:05 AM

Attached Link: Alone

Hello Brycers,

I want to show you an animation, that i made for a contest, at www.es3d.com. I rendered this animation with Bryce5.5, animating of the figures made in Poser and imported the OBJ's with susanna by datamike, into Bryce. Maybe some of you are knowing the Film?

Duration = 6 Min.---File size 26 mb.---*.wmv-Format

I worked 59 Days on it.

i hope you like it

Greetz Allibaba

Only 3D and Bryce, comes at my pictures!!!

brycetech ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2006 at 6:22 PM

As someone whose been doing a lot of bryce animation here lately, I found this fun and interesting to watch.

When the girl walks tho, shes very "hippy"..she looks like shes strolling down a runway swinging her hips for attention.  This is the way most poser animations are tho, they just over exaggerate that movement.

btw, muted should be "mutated"

and at the end there was another word I didnt understand, something about a radio response that wasnt heard...not sure what was meant there.

anyhow, it was fun to watch..Im sure you had fun making it.

BT

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2006 at 7:55 PM

I enjoyed watching the animation and I also looked at the site you have...  very nice in deed!

you must have spent days making that "alone" sequence...   I'm surprised it was done in Bryce 5.5...    I tried to animate a few things and man is it intricate...   I have to learn to use it correctly..

are there any good and clear tutors on animations in Bryce 5.5 you like......?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2006 at 3:35 AM

make me wish I had the bandwith to view it.

attileus ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2006 at 5:16 AM

A very good work; many of us find it hard to render one image; you made a whole animation - well done!

AlfRaMusic ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2006 at 11:01 AM

Thank you very much for your comments. I can promise, the next one will be a better one!!:) I have so much learned while i made this.

Sorry, bikermouse, I will try, this weekend, to load a smaller version to my side!!! I'll inform you here, when reddy!!!:)

Greetz Allibaba

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 5:46 AM

I seem to be having problems downloading anything at all since the re-format of the hard drive.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

donniemc0 ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 6:57 AM

terrific animation, can't wait to see the next one!!

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 8:41 AM

Quote - make me wish I had the bandwith to view it.

Why not right click the link to the video and Choose "Save Link As.." or "Save Target As.." depending on your browser, and let the video download to your PC over night? and than you can watch it later.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 9:15 AM

I think near the end instead of "Radio Reputation" you mean "Radio Reception" or thins scenario I think it would be more appropirate "Radio Transmission"

That is a great piece of work...realy gives you the mood that she is all alone......or is she...;)

rickymaveety ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 9:56 AM

The models and texturing and lighting are top notch.  I agree that the English title work needs some help, but it's good enough that you can still follow the story. 

The creature at the end has a little bit of a "floaty foot" problem.  I don't know if it's because he is supposed to be jumping in slo-mo or what, but he/she doesn't appear to be quite glued to the ground.

Next time, Allibaba, give us a preview before you add the full text.  I'm sure we'll give you all the English grammar and spelling tips you would  ever need or want.  That's a fine effort and well worth the time you put into it.

Could be worse, could be raining.

AlfRaMusic ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 11:54 AM

Thank you all for your comments, i am happy, that you like it.

O.K., for the next animation i will ask before i make a text in english by myself!!!:) I had a little help, with the opening text, but not for the others. Maybe it helps, when i post the text, next time, in german and english before i add it to the animation? With this animation, I would be under time pressure, I thought, however, which was wrong.

@Analog-X

you are right, i should wrote "transmission"!!! That's what i meant.:)

thanks again

Allibaba

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 12:00 PM

Yeah, the Spelling mistakes are minor and since English is not your native language you are forgiven.  :)  But yeah feel free to ask in the future if you are unsure of any kind of working.

I will be looking forward to your future productions.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 12:16 PM · edited Tue, 29 August 2006 at 12:18 PM

I'd like to say to start with that I couldn't possibly have done anything as good as this.

And it is good.  I particularly liked the "sense of place" - by that I mean that the scenery gave the impression of being all one place and (for me) an interesting place, I love big metal sci-fi doors opening and closing... yeah!  And that overall feeling of decay and rustiness... nice.

I'd have prefered to read the prologue before any of the animation started, as it was I missed whatever happened or wherever the camera went while the text was streaming along the window.

Any time there's text, you're distracted from the story.

There's a place where the vehicle she's in is travelling along and the camera goes off her and glances vaguely to the side of the road/bridge looking at the scenery.  Now I'd like to see this scenery but it would be better to keep the vehicle in shot at the same time - it felt too contrived (Like the film-maker saying "hey, look at this") when it has nothing to do with the story.

Speech would also be better if real words came out of the mouth.  As it was the mouth movements didn't sinc with the sounds - which didn't seem to be any particular language.

Is this using Mimic Pro? (or whatever the thing is called) I know Mimic Pro is something to do with getting speech right in animations...

I agree with the comment on the walking - her arms looked odd, (maybe swinging too much?), her hips moved very strangely, and all that gave her head an odd bobbing motion when walking.

But hey, I couldn't get any of the figures to walk!  (don't have poser, lol!)

Liked her clothes, they seemed to fit the setting and her situation - not over the top, like most clothes for female figures in the 3D universe - gave it more of a sense of reality.

I can't wait to see what you do with this next - what happens to her next?  Where will she go?  What will she find when she gets there?

Great stuff.

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 12:49 PM
Forum Moderator

Awesome! I'm so impressed! I  kept expecting to see a monster jump out at her, much like in the DOOM games.

OK so the English could use a little work, but maybe we should all learn German?

Keep up the great work!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

AlfRaMusic ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 2:54 PM

A big Thanks to all of you!!

I will work defenitly further on this Project and i have some good ideas, I think. I will also change some Scenes of this Animation, to make it better. I would like to do it with some voices. For the german version it will not be difficult to find some people, but for the english...we will see.:)

@Fran...

You right, some camera moving, specifically the one on the bridge, to the side, was not necessary, but I figured it out after rendering and I wanted, that time didn't waste.

For the scene, in which she sends her radio trans mission, i used Mimic for the mouth movement, but I had a bad timing with the *.OBJ's importing to Bryce. So the Text is longer than the take. That's why it is not synchron.

So if you have more questions or suggestions i will take them!!!:)

Thanks again

best regards

Allibaba

PS:  I become, diligently English learns.

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 8:54 PM

Unless I missed something.. my suggestiion is for you to continue the story line... does she find people or someone, does she finds some answer to what happened to everyone...

to everything......    Is she infected too.....

Tom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 7:08 AM

Not sure how the animation is done with people but Daz is saying that Bryce 6 will be much better at animation.  Something to keep an eye open for (if it ever arrives).

And I agree with Tom, continue the story.

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

AlfRaMusic ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 9:30 AM

O.K. I try to explain, how it works with animated people in Bryce5.5.

At first i make the animation in Poser, with some BVH-nor other files like this, or make it by hand.

Then i export it as a animation sequenz in *.OBJ-Format.

Now you need a little helping-tool for import the '.OBJ's one after the other into Bryce. It's called "susanna" by datamike. I havn't the url at this time...just search for datamike and/or susanna and you'll find it, surely.

If somebody should decide to buy Susanna, I would be willing with problems, that always appear, to help. A life task would be to be explained everything here and now and certainly I would forget something.:)

Greetz Allibaba

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.