Sat, Sep 21, 2:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Help!

eras50 ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 4:02 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:46 PM

Hi, all! This has nothing to do with fractals but I don't know who to ask, there is no "technical support" link on the site. There goes my question:

Yesterday I logged out unintentionally (I clicked on the "Logout" link by error and only realized it when the "You are now logged out" notification appeared on screen. I hit the "Login" link immediately and the Front Page appeared with my username on top. There was no login process. So now the site recognizes me but some of the links won't work. When I get a message that someone has posted a comment on one of my renders I click on the direct link and it takes me to the R'osity Front Page. I have to go through the "Browse galleries" process, etc. to get to my posting. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks for reading this long explanation and for your help!

Harmen ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 4:26 AM

hmmm ... what happens if you click on 'profile' on the left under your avatar?

Opportunity Establishes Creativity

Art & Texture

Harmen ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 4:46 AM

Okay... some strange things are happening here too, i logged out and logged in again to see if i had that same thing as what Ersi did, and i thought i didn't but i do

I used to have in options the galleries displayed in 36 thumbs, so i can overview a lot of designs at once, but after i did log out and in, it changed to 18 thumbnails on one page, and i tried to get it back to the way it was, but somehow the system doesn't listen to what my preferences are, so there is a glitch in this community which the programmers will have to solve once they wake up in the morning.

Seems now all mods and admins are asleep

Guess they all live at the other side of the Atlantic LOL

Art & Texture

kallikru ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 5:17 AM

Log out of the site. Then open 'tools -> internet options' in Internet Explorer, and in the middle section of the 'general' tab ("temporary internet files") click 'delete files' (incl. offline content) and 'delete cookies'. Go to the logon page again and log in - this ought to do the trick.

Kalli

Harmen ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 5:21 AM

For now you can try to empty the cache of your browser, then quit the browser, restart the browser again, and then go to your renderosity. There you go to options and make sure you have all the preferences set the way you always used to. Then save changes, whether you have changed anything or not, just save it. Then all should be as you are used to.

If all of that doesn't work, maybe your computer need to have a reboot, then get to your options and do as i suggested

Hope that helps you.

Greetings and good luck

Art & Texture

eras50 ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 6:05 AM

Ok, thanks Harmen and kallikru for anwering! I haven't gone through emptying the browser cache yet. The thing is, as many times as I have tried, I never get to the "Login" page. It's as if the link were there but no page to link to. If I do empty my browser cache and still have the same problem, how will I be able to log back in?

I understand very little of computers so please be patient with me!

Thanks.

kallikru ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 6:12 AM

I tried logging out and wanted to log back in as you described clicking the appropriate link at the top-right - what I got was the main page, and at the top it read that I was logged in... without me entering anything.

I then logged out again and emptied the cache. When I then clicked the login link top-right I was presented with the login page requiring me to enter user/password. So I think you'll be fine once you empty the cache. Perhaps try first to clean out just the cookies and see how that works.

Kalli

eras50 ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 7:35 AM

I think the problem is solved. I deleted the cookies and then was able to log into R'osity normally. The links to my -and other people's- renders now work too. I hope things will stay normal!

Thank you for helping me out with this!

Ersi.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.