Sun, Oct 6, 11:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: How do I send a link to my gallery??????????

Rykk ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 4:24 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:14 AM

Ok, I'm pretty much at the end of my rope. SOMEBODY explain to me how I can send a link to someone who is not a member of Renderosity such that THEY DON'T HAVE TO LOG IN / JOIN THE SITE IN ORDER TO SEE MY GALLERY.....

I'm pretty fed up - this has been an ongoing problem that has caused me to miss out on this year's digital art exhibition at a local gallery called LoPressionism. I sent links, they didn't respond, I thought my art sucked, too late I asked why, they said that the links were "broken" and they didn't have a login and so just never looked.........tell me what the PURPOSE of this site is, again????

And don't tell me to strip off the "excalibur" part. That doesn't work if you are not a memebr already. I've found that the site recognises people who have been members before, as long as they haven't cleared their cookies/cache. Total strangers to the site are shunted off to a login page or the the page with all of the Poser freebie stuff. Which is just WONDERFUL if you are trying to make a positive first impression with your art, btw....fer cryin' out loud, is that lame or what? And I can't send a working link to an image, either.

The old format had a link you could copy and send - how in the world could something like this have been left out of the new site design??? And now that I've blown off steam, I'll be told of a feature that was right in front of my nose that I didn't see because I was so busy complaining... :-)

Rick

Harmen ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 4:40 PM

Stop nagging and make your own site Rick, that's the only way to lead your potential admirers to view your work, shouldnt be much of a problem to you, really, since you are quite smart with computers in the first place.

Don't put the responsiblity by a small community of artwork like Renderosity. Be happy with the 'progress' they have developed for everyone to make their own gallery

Good luck wink

Harmen

Opportunity Establishes Creativity

Art & Texture

Deagol ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 4:41 PM · edited Tue, 03 October 2006 at 4:43 PM

At the bottom of your gallery it says that the link is this:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=Rykk

You can test the link by logging out and trying to go to it

Rykk ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 5:01 PM · edited Tue, 03 October 2006 at 5:02 PM

Hi Keith - not on MY pc here at work. I tried to send a screenshot but Paint won't open a .doc to save as a jpg. There is nothing at the bottom of my gallery pages except the Bondware logo and blurb....

Rick

Deagol ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 6:29 PM

OK, but does the link work? Don't forget that all of the links changed when the server changed. Did you give the local gallery an old link?

Rykk ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 10:19 PM

file_355698.jpg

Yep. it's the new links that don't work. As I said, there is no link to copy at the bottom of my gallery pages. I was hoping it was just some weirdness of my work pc but, here at home, there's no link at the bottom either. See...

Rykk ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 10:26 PM

Sheesh - it made it knida small. But still - as you can see (barely - lol) there's nothing at the bottom of my page but the Bondware junk. And if you just copy the url off the top from the browser or do a 'send link by e-mail" then it just sends your "guests" to the login page and sometimes to that blasted Poser freebie page. THAT took some 'splainin'! I should have realized there would be a problem and sent them a decent working link - the one to my DeviantArt gallery.

Rick

Rykk ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 10:48 PM

And here's what's REALLY messed up: If I click someone else's name, it takes me to that dumb "gallery" page with only their most recent post. At the bottom of THEIR gallery is a nice little link and, oh by the way, a full set of stats on how many looks they've had and a bunch of other stuff.

Why the heck can't I see that stuff for MY gallery? Is it that something is hosed up with my gallery or is this by design?

Rick

Rykk ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 11:54 PM

Figured it out:

If you click someone else's name it takes you to a gallery with the link at the bottom and stats for their gallery just fine. If you, on the other hand, click "My Gallery" on the sidebar, like we all had to after the changeover, it takes you to that dumb page with one large pic, 6 recent ones and a ton of your fave's. Not what I would have wanted the proprietor to see - someone else's (better) work. And there is no link or stats at the bottom of the page. Then you click "you have posted a bunch more images" or something to that effect. Now you are in your gallery proper but STILL no link or stats.

What you have to do is something I can't for the life of me figure out why I would ever have done since I'm ALREADY in my gallery. Click your own name. (!!???!!!) No sh**. Then you get the link and the stats. This is SO messed up. Copying the url from your browser and sending it used to work just fine. And still does - IF THEY ARE ALREADY A MEMBER. If you are a guest, it takes you to the freaken Poser freebie page. I not only looked stupid, I'll bet the woman was pissed, too...

The reason I never noticed this b4 is that most all of the people I sent links to are already members. Worst case was a couple had to log in. Ah well, maybe next year - two steps up, 12 steps back...

Rick

abmlober ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2006 at 6:57 AM

It is intended to make you learn how life goes :-) LOL

:rolleyes::sad:
Joy of Frax

spiegel428 ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2006 at 5:49 PM

Rykk, I always click the "My Gallery" link on the top bar of the Fractal Gallery page and that goes to the page with stats. I've often wondered how to go to the Summary page, since I only get there by accident.

FWIW, I've sent the link from the stats page to my friends and either it works for them or they've been lying through their teeth about liking my images. :) But I also have a recollection of logging out, finding a random artist's gallery and replacing my username to get the right link at least once.

mountmous ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 9:47 AM

Hi Rick,

I don't see that link at the bottom of the page either, but I've sent this link http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=mountmous to my non-member daugther and she told me it works fine. So just change the "mountmous" part to "Rykk" and that should do the trick. Or am I missing the point here?

Yvonne

mansco ( ) posted Mon, 09 October 2006 at 8:56 AM

just write this Rick and it works

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=Rykk  you can find it at the end of your  your own page  when you browse your gallery ;O)

Regards

Elizabeth

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.