Tue, Oct 22, 10:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: Poser 7 is Pre-Announced!

Meshbox ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 5:41 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 9:59 AM

e-frontier has posted a notice pre-announcing Poser 7 on their website. Im happy to say also that Meshbox Design as well as several other supporting vendors here and on Content Paradise have provided some interesting content that will go into the box.

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want

Casette ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 5:44 PM

Sydney and Simon... mwhahahaa

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 5:45 PM
Online Now!

wow! exciting news. I so hope there will be a nice mac UB version for the latest mac computers. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 5:58 PM

Yeah nice ... i just have P6 for 7 months now .... so next is Vue 6 i have 5 ..bryce 6 i have 5.5 ...carrara 6 i have 5 ... and hex 3 . i have ... YEAH i want HEX 3 ... i have HEX 2.1,666  :-{

Chris

Sniff ...there goes the money.. 

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Casette ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 6:03 PM

Preordered. What is money for...

CASETTE
=======

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 6:08 PM

Money is for spending and giving it away so touch the screen when it feels warm its your sign to give me your money..  so touch the screen  feel the sign and send me the money ... the money the money ...

Hail Me :}

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 6:56 PM

my plan is for the early adopters to keep us informed on any difficulties. SR 2 or 3 may be a good bet.

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 7:22 PM

Agree with MIss Nancy...I'm not a good candidate for testing bugs in first releases, it tends t make me very grumpy.  Although, it is very very tempting, my credit card is singing softly in my ear "ssssoooo what  uuuuuussseee mmmeeee"  LOL!! :woot:  Simon and sydney are hot looking.

Goldfire ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 7:50 PM

Well, I'll wait and see.  Poser 6 was light years ahead of poser 5, but there are still some fundamental problems with Poser, like how the figures are rigged.  I sincerely hope that those are finally fixed in the new edition, but I'm not holding my breath.

jfike ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 7:59 PM

I don't understand why they are stringing out the features.  They are doing some "7 reasons to buy..." but are only showing one reason at a time.  They say "we can't everything reveal now".  Why?  But you want me to pre-order?

I would be interested in dual core support and x64 (like Lightwave 9.)

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 8:08 PM

Quote - I don't understand why they are stringing out the features.  They are doing some "7 reasons to buy..." but are only showing one reason at a time.  They say "we can't everything reveal now".  Why?  But you want me to pre-order?

Its called advertising. the reasons are revealed over time and will all be revealed before it is released. There is no advantage to pre-ordering now over pre-ordering when all the reasons are revealed.

it all about the hype.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 8:11 PM

Okayfine.... I'll be happy to check it out (pre-order all snug and secure) and report back....assuming I'm not in serious picture making mode.... >:) And this is a standard advertising methodology. If they are still in beta (quite likely), they will probably not mention something until they confirm that it is stable across varied platforms. So mention what they can, then add to it as they are satisfied of useability. Admittedly, I'd like to see all the features listed, but the new kids look good facially, at least. And from the little bit they did say, there may be hope that we -finally- have that rewrite of the core app.

kaveman ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 8:15 PM

If it's not dual core I'll be holding on to my money.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 8:27 PM

They talk a lot to not really anything.  SImon and Sydney? LOL They are...not very realistic looking.  Not as realisitic as Jessi, even.  Not good.

I'm NOT big into buying hype.  Maya didn't hype, Vue didn't hype,Hexagon Didn't hype.  They said upfront what it did and how.  They laid it on the line without any tricks, or prevarication.

I will wait and watch and read the reviews VERY carefully to see what they actually have new that will knock MY socks off.

So far --I have seen no such reason to pre-order an app without specific details of WHAT it can DO!!

Buying blind is not for me.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Tunesy ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 8:41 PM

"...tricks, or prevarication."

Hmm.  I can't find the tricks and prevarication ;)  ...and "Hexagon Didn't hype"??  The Hex 2.1 I have is a buggy piece of crap.  Poser is the best bang for the buck among 3d poly apps I know of.  Let's not forget:  129 bucks.  What else out there is better at that price point?  Preorder coming up.  I know I'd buy it eventually.  Might as well buy it now.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 8:53 PM

The tricks I refer to is the hype of 7 reasons to buy and they don't give'em to the buyer right away, and that IS a prevarication. IE: " to avoid committing oneself in what one says ".

You do have a good point with the hexagon.  It is buggy and not very good.  They at least told you what it did and the support of hardware.  Of course the makers of Hex left out what was wrong.

THAT is why I'll wait and watch to see what Poser 7 can actually do. ^__^ V,,

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

shaft73 ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 9:23 PM

DAMN YOU AND YOUR TIMING! It had to be when I'm buying a Co-Op!!

Tunesy ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 9:36 PM

...ahh.  Find yourself a creative mortgage originator, shaft73, and just have him fold in the cost of P7 to the purchase price of your co-op, show it as a landscaping cost or something, and have em cut e-frontier a check for P7 at closing.  What the heck.  If anybody makes a fuss just make em a quick render of a Japanese elm or something ;)

fuaho ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 9:44 PM

don't know don't care. I've already ordered.

<,"))$$$><<

CobraEye ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 9:50 PM

LOL, Poser 6 light years ahead.  LOL,  that is the best joke I heard all day.  :-)

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 9:55 PM

You know what they say about a fool and his money? Nope, not me, not enough intel. Whether it's  a $1.29 or $1129 it's not worth the hassel of finding what bugs are in it that is what QCs job is for.
I'll just wait and watch the carnage.

My Facebook Page

shaft73 ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 10:22 PM

Hmmm, it IS an artists community. I could pull it off!

linkdink ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 11:22 PM

Just please, please, please, please give me a way to increment dial values using the keyboard. This idiotic game of  trying to drag them back and forth with your mouse, or having to type in a value (guesswork) is just pathetic in 2006. 

This is the core excercise in Poser - setting up figures and props. Why should it be so damn difficult?  In version 6?

I have a trillion other applications for creative work, and ONLY Poser uses this pathetic interface that "looks cool!" but is so un-functional. The best interfaces are those that are transparent, i.e, you don't think about them because you are able to focus on making something, not fighting the stupid interface that is s'posed to help you make something.

Oh, and a better undo feature.

Other than that, I really love Poser.

Gallery

tastiger ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 11:36 PM · edited Thu, 12 October 2006 at 11:48 PM

Shame they aren't offering - a "we won't charge your card until it ships" - this time - not too sure about having $AUD 173 tied up for Gawd Knows How Long.......

Edited to add -

'specially when you don't know what DAZ is going to throw at us over the next couple of weeks .. may need to have that money on hand for Victoria 4 and / or Bryce 6....

Edited again to add:-

at the risk of sounding like a whining Aussie - it would have been nice if they sweetened the deal a bit as well for those who were early adopters of Poser 6

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 11:47 PM · edited Thu, 12 October 2006 at 11:48 PM

I think I paid half what they are asking for Poser 7 when I pre-ordered Poser 6.  They had a 6 reasons to buy Poser 6 back then.  I try not to buy odd numbered versions of Poser.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 12:02 AM

Quote - Shame they aren't offering - a "we won't charge your card until it ships" - this time - not too sure about having $AUD 173 tied up for Gawd Knows How Long.......

Check the FAQs...

ratscloset
aka John

arcady ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 12:12 AM · edited Fri, 13 October 2006 at 12:13 AM

> Quote - They talk a lot to not really anything.  SImon and Sydney? LOL They are...not very realistic looking.  Not as realisitic as Jessi, even.  Not good.

They look possiibly Italian to me. Since when is anything not Anglo not realistic?

I don't find them any less realistic than any of the other current figures, none of which are all -that- real anyway.

I bought Poser 5 one week before Poser 6 was announced.

I avoided Poser 6 precisely because I knew it would not last long, and I had just spent all that money.

So I'll be on the Poser 7 bandwagon, but I expect to skip Poser 8.

I skipped Vue 4 on similar grounds back in the day, but I expect to jump in on Vue 6 even though I got Vue 5 not that long ago when it first came out only because I hope to get some of the features of Infinate when they filter down to Pro...

Sales and upgrades are nice, but when they start outpacing the buying power of the user base they risk collapsing the industry - like what happened to comic books around 92 or 93 or so... Different kind of market, but the concept holds.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

arcady ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 12:19 AM · edited Fri, 13 October 2006 at 12:21 AM

Quote - > Quote - Shame they aren't offering - a "we won't charge your card until it ships" - this time - not too sure about having $AUD 173 tied up for Gawd Knows How Long.......

Check the FAQs...

That FAQ says:

Quote - Credit/Debit Card: If you paid by credit/denit card, our store system performed a preauthorization on your credit card when you placed your order. While this doesn't post a charge to your account, it does reserve the funds from your available balance right away. Your credit card company considers this to be a "pending authorization". The actual charge will officially post to your account after your order ships for physical versions, and when your download information is sent for download versions.

Paypal: If you paid by Paypal, the funds were immediately transferred to e frontier when you sent payment from your Paypal account.

"reserve the funds" is just a euphamism for 'we took your money, you've paid and lost that money, but we're not giving it to the other guy yet because we want to invest it in some energy stocks or that trip to Vegas with the hot secretary down the hall...'

When I lived in South Korea this was how people paid rent - they got their money 'held' by the landlord for X amount of time, at the end of the time the landlord paid them back 100% of the money. The point? The landlord made a killing off the interest...

It was still your money, but as long as its in somebody else's pocket it might as well be gone.

e-fronteir doesn't benefit from this scam, but the credit card companies sure do.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

tastiger ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 12:45 AM · edited Fri, 13 October 2006 at 12:50 AM

Quote -
"reserve the funds" is just a euphamism for 'we took your money, you've paid and lost that money, but we're not giving it to the other guy yet because we want to invest it in some energy stocks or that trip to Vegas with the hot secretary down the hall...'

When I lived in South Korea this was how people paid rent - they got their money 'held' by the landlord for X amount of time, at the end of the time the landlord paid them back 100% of the money. The point? The landlord made a killing off the interest...

It was still your money, but as long as its in somebody else's pocket it might as well be gone.

e-fronteir doesn't benefit from this scam, but the credit card companies sure do.

Well said arcady - you have put it perspective nicely...............

And I wasn't going to stress on it too much before - but I will take the plunge and say that I am really dissapointed in this offer after thinking about it  - it means that all those who grabbed Poser 5 for free can now get the same upgrade deal as those of us who forked out to early adopt  Poser 6.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

ANGEL_of_WAR ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 1:06 AM

Ok, but what exactly does P7 do?  I'm using P5 right now and if 7 doesn't have something worth the upgrade, like a full-body motion designer or something like that, then no way.  I'm not one of those buyers who always needs to have the newest version of something.  It's all about practicality.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 1:19 AM

I'll get Poser 7 if all my other apps that import Poser 6 decide to start importing Poser 7 figures, too.  I don't use Poser for rendering.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

krazik ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 1:25 AM

Quote - > Quote -

Actually no thats not how it works.  If you use a check card it sorta does because your bank (sometimes) doesn't let you spend that money.  But if you use a credit card you don't have to pay the money till the bill shows up after poser ships.  An "authorization" never shows up on your bill till it's been charged.  We/the banks just check that you actually have the money/credit at the time and it gives us a unique transaction number (since we like most don't store your CC #) to charge when the product does ship.

Hope that clears up that question

-Rylan
ef/cp

carodan ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 4:39 AM

One thing that I don't think will be improved is Poser rigging.

We were told over at the CP forums that Sydney and Simon are basically G2 figures, which means (I think) their rigging must be the same as the recently released G2 males if they are to be able to use the same clothing etc. I can't see that they would include figures that didn't use new rigging if it was to be a major new feature of the app - I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong!

If there's one thing that Poser really needs then it's improved rigging IMO.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

vince3 ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 5:04 AM · edited Fri, 13 October 2006 at 5:09 AM

i can't see the point of new characters, as they haven't fixed the ones they already had in poser6, also a bit annoyed at the poser5 freebie downloaders getting the same deal as those who bought poser6 early on!!!

rather spend my money on vue6 which actually sounds like it will make vue and poser users lifes much better!!! the pose adjusting in vue sounds really usefull to me, to not have to go back to poser to adjust your pose a bit here and there, and better shader support, all sounds like a step forward, but i think getting poser7 will be a buggy experience, wait a year for them to sort it out a bit, then get the hype for poser8!!!

instead of releasing new versions, they need to just concentrate on making what they already have, work propally, i think. i'd be happier paying for "fixes/patches" than buying new "doesn't work propally yet, if ever" versions.

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 5:13 AM

If those are pictures of Sydney and Simon in their base state, then e-frontier have learnt nothing. A good figure should be bland in the base state, and be able to have many different characters dialed into it. If you start with, say, high cheekbones and narrow eyes, it's hard to get rid of those.

They made that mistake with Jessi and this new character doesn't look much better.

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 5:18 AM

I'm a die hard Poser lover and user, but fir now Poser 7 doesn't even interest me.

I really don't need more content, especially not another set of unsuported EF figures. Besides Simon looks way to much like James and Sydney seems to be a new improved version of HER.

EF got do much more to convince me this time. I noticed they have some meshbox designs.... adding all of there models would convince me, not just one or two.....

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 5:31 AM

Well, you don't need to pre-order it. You can wait to Poser7 regular version, not Special Edition. To read all the tests. To be sure. And to spend a lot of bucks more. And ... I'm a little bit bored readind once and twice and etc 'where o where can I find the Winter Queen? I need her like the air to breath!!!!!'

Seriously. I know I'll finally buy Poser7. I'm a Poser-addict. So... why to wait ? Let's catch the deal

... or not :biggrin:

CASETTE
=======

shaft73 ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 5:54 AM

All I want to know is, can it handle Mike wearing a Sanctum Arts GRIM Outfit, AND Two Vickys wearing Skorpio Rising uniforms in the same render WITH Scenery?

Bug ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 5:55 AM

I really do hope this will be an real a step in the right direction, I havent updated since p pro. However, having said that, does anyone else think that the quality of the renders of the new fiqures were actually a step backwards? It's been about 7 or 8 years since poser 4 was released and dispite all the "improvements" made to the rendering engine, its still possible to spot a poser render from a mile a way, unlike practically every other renderer out on the market.

Tiny ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 6:20 AM

I want it, and I'll pre-order it. 😄

It says they have a new wolf figure.... interesting. Hope some of the other animals are updated too.

scaramouche ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 6:43 AM

e-frontier (and previous-owner CuriousLabs) can do you-know-what with their characters' alliterative names. Personally, I'm waiting for the Fred and Ethel version...

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 7:03 AM

wow..I'm pre-thrilled..;) sorry, just needed sayin'..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

modus0 ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 7:49 AM

Wow, another set of default figures, I'm decidedly not impressed.

As for pre-ordering, I'm not impressed with what they've listed for their "Secret Agent" SE bundle either, hell, I'd be surprised if someone couldn't already find pre-existing models to cover that.

I think I'll hold off until about a month after release, see what people are saying before I decide to commit.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

wrpspeed ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 8:21 AM

i am sorry, but until I know how this thing

handles memory, I am not going to jump

like a pavlovian dog. I did this for p6 (at $99)

last time to find out there were only minor

changes in from p5 to p6 and I still

cant figure out  half the rooms. Besides

p6 works fairly well except that it runs out

of memory when rendering and I tranfer

the pic to vue or bryce to finish.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 8:59 AM

Quote - i can't see the point of new characters,

every new version of poser comes with new figures. this shouldnt be a supprise

Quote - instead of releasing new versions, they need to just concentrate on making what they already have, work propally, i think. i'd be happier paying for "fixes/patches" than buying new "doesn't work propally yet, if ever" versions.

fixes and patches don't pay bills. you have to keep making the next new versions while fixing and patching.

jtbullet ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 9:11 AM

Ok guys, remember this is reason number one, not necessarily the most compelling or interesting reason, but an interesting one, none the less. Someone said the renderer was the reason you can spot a poser render a mile away. I disagree. It's the characters. So 2 new characters is a good thing. I think e-f deserves a little bit of time on this one. A tech support guy once told me dual-core support is one of their most requested features. I am encouraged to believe that this(along with memory improvements, they seem to go hand in hand) will be included. I have nothign to confirm this, but as multi cores are all the rage, they would be remiss to leave out somethign that can improve our render speeds so much. So lets give it a bit of time. There are sure a lot of haters in here, yet they render on...

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 9:19 AM · edited Fri, 13 October 2006 at 9:22 AM

Just A                                                                 >>>>> TIP <<<<<

When you like i did Downloaded the P5 for free ..and you still have a Coupon .. or from something else ..Use it on the pre order ... :} i did and it works 10% i got  just for having downloaded a free P5 :}

>>>>>TIP 2 <<<<<

The Pre Order gives you a 6 months CPassport ... that give's you the right to download all the new G2 males for free etc etc that on its self is a good deal :}

Chris 

Chris

My Free Stuff

wrpspeed ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 9:27 AM

so if iis for dual core, i need to go

out and get another computer?

dont think so.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 9:31 AM

Quote - so if iis for dual core, i need to go

out and get another computer?

dont think so.

they are not asking it to be only for duel core. but to use both processors on a duel core as well as working properly on a single core.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 9:34 AM

Quote - I'll get Poser 7 if all my other apps that import Poser 6 decide to start importing Poser 7 figures, too.  I don't use Poser for rendering.

I dont see any indication that the file format changed.

DrMCClark ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 10:52 AM

I'm going to wait to see the other 6 of the 7 reasons to get P7.  For starters, I'm suspect that they've not mentioned either duo-core or 64-bit support.  Forget bells & whistles, I want to see some hard-core improvements (a firely upgrade?  better cloth room?  material room?)  I still have Miki and TY2 laying around, so new figures aren't enough a draw...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.