Tue, Sep 24, 11:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Remapping Problems

Stormi ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 5:00 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 12:36 AM

file_166013.jpg

Been trying to remap the clothes for the Standard P4 woman that comes with Poser and have been running into trouble. Seems I can only map things without arms or legs. *Laugh* Managed to map the leotard-biker shorts -Tank Top but as you can see by the example the legs on the Unitard aren't what they should be. Frustrated and confused Stormi

"The best and most beautiful thing in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart."

• Helen Keller

Stormi ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 5:58 PM

file_166015.jpg

I managed to get the front and back mapped perfectly but now the sides are a mess. What am I missing here? I'm using the UVmapper

"The best and most beautiful thing in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart."

• Helen Keller

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2001 at 10:37 AM

heyas; the stuff is uvmapped from a frontal projection. that is, you sorta project the texture at the obj from the front. which means, that on the sides, the facets are side-on to your texture, which means they smear out like this. this example you have here, isn't really that bad. if you want to remap to fix it.... well... texture weapons for deep paint supposedly does this for you (for 1200 bucks for the package). you could also try selecting the side polygons with the poser grouping tool, and telling it to 'create perspective uvs,' which will flatten out the affected area. if you want to use uvmapper, you can try going into selecting-by-vertex mode, grabbing the edges of the skin(cloth) where it is smushed together, and stretching it out. since uvmapper doesn't have a lasso tool, this is rather difficult. you could also try box-mapping, which will 'shoot' an image of the front/back as well as the sides (and top/bottom), instead of the planar-mapping which only does the front/back. whether a box map is easier to paint on.... well, there's twice as many seams that you have to match up. :🤷:

Stormi ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2001 at 11:00 AM

Hi Bloodsong, Thank you for the reply. Since writing this I tried the box-mapping and it comes out really nice by pouring the texture into the map rather then cutting out the map which left what appeared to be rips all over the place. Any defect that they might have you would need a microscope to find as it all matches, front, back and sides. I appreciate it that you took the time to offer help and I'll give you're suggestions a try also.

• Helen Keller

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.