Sat, Sep 21, 6:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: I can't seem to get an Apo image into UF for rendering - can anyone help please?

AnnaKirsten ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 2:01 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:27 PM

I am needing to do some really large renders of a couple of my Apo images, and I figured that if I could get them into UF (4.03) I could then choose the exact size, and have it render in 300 ppi.

The only way I ever knew how to get Apo to appear in UF was by copying as a UPR and pasting it into UF, but this isn't working. I think there may be another way (so that it becomes a ucl?), but can't suss it out, so I'd be really grateful if someone could help? (To render direct from within Apo at a size that would resize into an A3 at 300ppi I am promptly told it takes about four times the amount of memory to what I have availble!! Apo renders at 200 ppi (I'm pretty sure), but professional printers want 300 ppi.)

Can anyone advise me?

AnnaKirsten

My Website

Is the light at the end of the tunnel my way out, or is it an oncoming train just about to make me extinct?

spiegel428 ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 5:17 PM

I think your best bet is to render in Apo (or flam3). You don't need to have all the memory available to start a render; it's just going to take longer to finish.  But I believe it would take even longer to render in UF, unless you're planning to use UF's export option.

surfacedesigner ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 10:17 PM

Are you sure it is not working?  I thought mine didn't work either because it does not show time passing at the bottom of the UF screen.  It does show the proper formula in the formula tab.  I got busy one time and left the computer alone for about 20 minutes and when I returned my APO was in UF.  Since then I have allowed ample time for the flame to get into UF and have not any problems.  I hope this makes sense as it is late and I do not have either program open.

Linda from Sunny St Petersburg
Domestic Goddess - Contessa of Da Messa

AnnaKirsten ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 6:49 AM

Quote - Are you sure it is not working?  I thought mine didn't work either because it does not show time passing at the bottom of the UF screen.  It does show the proper formula in the formula tab.  I got busy one time and left the computer alone for about 20 minutes and when I returned my APO was in UF.  Since then I have allowed ample time for the flame to get into UF and have not any problems.  I hope this makes sense as it is late and I do not have either program open.

As soon as I try to copy the upr into UF I get a notice coming up with a whole list of things it says it cannot copy, and this then results in just a very small image in the centre, which doesn't have any resemblance to the fractal flame in Apo.  It's really strange, because I know I have managed this in the past, but I think that's before all the later versions of both Apo and UF came out.  Anyway, presumably the list of protest means that even if I did wait long enough, I'd not get an image?

As for rendering straight from Apo, yes I do use the Flam3 rendering machine, and I guess if the worst comes to the worst I can interpolate it into a larger size, but I was hoping to avoid that step as it never quite gives the sharp finish I'm looking for.

AnnaKirsten

My Website

Is the light at the end of the tunnel my way out, or is it an oncoming train just about to make me extinct?

XoxoTree ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 8:23 AM

I have a file on how to do this if anyone needs it. just email me with your email address and I'll send it. I email you already Anna.

:)

"One Oneness One"

AnnaKirsten ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 3:39 PM

Thankyou Therese - I got your mail, and I have tried it.  I got the fractal to appear in UF just as you described, and was surprised to find I could pan it so that I could include more of the fractal in the frame.

However, when I went to render it, I got an error notification - basically telling me not enough memory.  I clicked on "Allow program to continue", and suddenly the render was "finished" within a minute.  I knew what I would find!  Yes, when I opened the "image" up in PSP I had a black screen!

I tried once again, but with the same result.  It seems this won't work on my computer.

It was worth a try, and thanks again for your help, even though it didn't work out - probably due to conflicts in my own computer in any case.

AnnaKirsten

My Website

XoxoTree ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 2:13 PM

I am sorry to read this . I have some instructions on how to fix your problem with rendering and memory. Drop me a line a I'll send it to you. It is sort of long so I think it better I mail it to you than post it here.

Good day,

Therese

"One Oneness One"

Wub ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 1:27 PM

If you are trying to render really large images then you don't want to export then to Ultra Fractal.

AnnaKirsten ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 1:43 PM · edited Thu, 09 November 2006 at 1:45 PM

Thanks guys. 

The reason I haven't been able to continue pursuing this is because there seem to be some conflicts of software on my computer, the particular (unlimited) version of JF's Apo being amongst them.  This has happened before with other versions of Apo and I'm not sure why, but I've ended up removing them from my harddrive in the end.  At the moment I'm dithering over making a decision!

(What's happening is that after using Apo, then trying to use PSP, I simply get the blue screen of death.  This happens again even after re-booting!  This tends to happen whenever I install any new program on my computer, not just Apo.  At some point I will probably need to seek professional advice, but right now I can't afford it, and I have never done a reformat in my life - just wouldn't know where to begin - and I don't think there's any point in anyone telling me how, as I just panic over that sort of thing, as I am unable to assimilate that kind of information!)

AnnaKirsten

My Website

tdierikx ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 1:37 AM

What happens if you uninstall PSP, then reinstall it? Maybe it's PSP that has something funky going on?

T.

Who? Me?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.