Sun, Sep 22, 7:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: How do you get clothes for V3 & aiko3?

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 12:04 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:26 AM

Im using DAZ. Ok I've tried to work with both other than what is in the tut for V3 and aiko. I cant seem to get any clothes for either one, am I downloading the wrong things? I look for clothes for the person I need they dont seem to work. Do I use the files saying texture? mesh? or longdress title for a long style type of dress? Do you need other parts to make everything tie in together? uggghhhhhhh Im going crazy over this crap lol.

The soul has no window...If the eyes have no tears!

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 1:40 AM

It should be Figure or Character, not texture, not pose, not MAT.

Clothing:
Should be *.daz file in content folder of DAZ Studio,  or *.cr2 if in Poser runtime.
If pp2, then it's most likely a Dynamic Cloth for use in Poser 5 and higher.

Eternal Hobbyist

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 1:42 AM

Oh, and if you downloaded compressed Poser6 content, it's going to be *.crz, and if the creator used exetrnal moprh targets, you will see a *.pmd file as well.  I don't know if theose files work with Daz Studio, haven't tried.

Eternal Hobbyist

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 8:46 AM

compressed files work OK, external morph targets (.pmd) sometimes work and sometimes don't.

henrytj ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 4:01 AM

I tried downloading some free clothing for V3 here in zip fromat, but my un-zip program says all the files are corrupted.

Henry

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 8:39 AM

Redownload, or try a different zip application (if you have a copy, WinZip 9 often works with files that the Windows native tool and others fail on; I haven't yet had a failure with 7-zip that WinZip could save, however).

music2u4u ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 12:29 AM · edited Thu, 14 December 2006 at 12:32 AM

The corrupted files are occassionally a thing that happens. Usually it comes from a site with limited bandwith that has been exceeded at the time you were downloading. Traffic jam. What happens in those cases is your download cuts off too early and you don't have the complete .zip. Just download it again. If it still says corrupted then the creator of the .zip did not upload it properly which is out of your control. Also sometimes people get in a hurry and they forget to include everything that a certain .cr2 or .pp2 script reads for when loading and they get their "work" files messed up with their "final" files and it all goes to hell. Also most clothing is designed to fit the base character at a zero posing point with no morphs applied. This is a standard as when creating clothes you have to remove all morphs to zero. Once you morph the character (like bigger boobs) they are going to stick out way past the clothes. You can either adjust the "x" "y" "z" scale dials to fit the clothes to the morphs (real headache sometimes) or adjust the figure morphs down to fit the clothes (very simple). That is why you don't see very many huge breasted renders with clothes on...lol. There is a way to delete all the character's body parts but the torso and save it, then import the .obj file for the torso into a 3d modeler and patch up all the jagged edges and apply faces to it to make shirts, then import it back into Daz and drag it onto the character, then resize it up just a bit bigger than the figure and it fits perfectly. That is how I make all my shirts for big breasted figures and it works great. Texture the shirt and you have it. You may want to stick to basics now and do this kinda stuff later as it seems you are frustraited enough and trying to do too much too fast. Slow down and do baby steps for now until you get the feel. You will be learning more and more as time goes on about 3d modelers (which Daz is not..it is a renderer) and morph managers, UV mappers, Injectors, objaction movers,etc. It would fry you at this point to attempt any of that kinda stuff. Baby steps for now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.