Sun, Sep 22, 11:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: FLOORING FOR DAZ

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 11:36 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 12:04 PM

Hi.... Where do you find flooring for daz?? I've tried a few freebies on here but I cant get them to work for some reason, so Im either dling the wrong ones or doing something wrong. Maybe wrong files?

The soul has no window...If the eyes have no tears!

kimber89 ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 12:25 PM

Try the free sets by DM http://www.damapro.com/FreeSt/freestuff.html
Floors are not obvious at first in the Viewport and you can see them when you select Top View or by moving the camera around.
DM's sets also come with light presets so by using those you can see the floors better.

JenX ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 12:52 PM

Attached Link: http://freebackend.daz3d.com/free_weekly/archive_list.php

There are literally hundreds of free stuff to look through here, some of them are Architecture, with floors.  Sometimes, you may not see the floor, due to it sitting, just a hair below 0 on the Y axis, but you can select the floor, and move it up to 0 or 1 or 0.5.  Also, setting up your lights so you can see the floor (usually by rotating the light source on the x axis) helps immensely.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

wdupre ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 6:45 PM

its really important to have actual lighting when you use floors. as stated by Jen, the default light that loads when creating a scene only lights things properly which are facing the camera it is not intended to actually light a scene. I highly recommend this tutorial for camera and lighting use http://digilander.libero.it/maclean/DStutorial.htm

Star4mation ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 7:01 PM

You can always use a flat plane (found in DAZ/Studio Primatives) ant texture it yourself Tina :)

If it ain't free, I can't afford it.

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 7:20 PM

OK Steve now YOU of all ppl LOL know that I dont know what the hell Im doing on here LOL sooo do you honestly think I know how to texture it myself HAHAHHAHA, although you have been pretty helpful maybe you might want to teach me that part hehehe. :D

Star4mation ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 8:38 PM

Ok Tina, first what sort of floor do you want? How about polished wood? Right fin a a photo of some wooden panneling. Select your plane, then in surfaces Defuse, click on jpg. This will allow you to use the wood photo (or any other material you have a photo of) still in surfaces, set glossyness to 78% or there abouts and reflection to around 50% (you will most likely have to tweek thesr numbers as I'm at work and trying to do this from memory)lol. Make sure you have some light pointing down at the floor and hopefuly you will have something like a polished wood floor!
If it dont work, let me know and I will try and sort something for you tomorrow when I get home :)

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 8:40 PM

hehehehe ok Steve I will see what I can do see if it works and if not Im hunting you down lol...

Star4mation ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 9:35 PM

Here's a polished wooden floor I did a while back Tina :)
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1130143

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 10:14 PM

Well hey that floor looks marvelous, hook a sister up lmao hehehe

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 10:21 PM

Ok....Im looking for a pic right now, what do you mean by select your plane??? Southwest? American? United? LOL

Star4mation ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 10:51 PM

Ok tina at the top of the screen (assuming you have D/S open)lol. you will see a row of icons. You want the one with a square,circle and triangle in it (i think) these are the DAZ primatives. Select a plane (a 2D square) make it 3 meters big, you can adjust the size if you need to later. Position it at floor level. then goto surfaces and apply your wood photo. I think you will also need to set the difuse colour to white.
I finish work in an hour, then its home to bed (Nightshift) so I will be off line for 8hrs or so.
Catch ya later:)

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 11:22 PM

OK STEVE I think I figured it out...still playing around with the lights and the color of the floor but it's in my scene wooo hooooo for me thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As always your help is very much appreciated.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.