Wed, Sep 18, 12:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Possible Poser 7 Release Date

Circumvent ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 10:53 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 6:11 PM

Attached Link: Poser 7 Release

I don't know how accurate this is but Amazon.com reports that Poser 7 is scheduled to be released on December 4th. 

whoopy2k ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 12:07 AM

LOL... weren't they in the news a few month back for doing this to another company?

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 12:23 AM · edited Thu, 30 November 2006 at 12:30 AM

Quote - LOL... weren't they in the news a few month back for doing this to another company?

Maybe, I wouldn't know; but then how many Poserites know  how  to READ anyway (look at all the newbies who post questions to the forum on issues that are clearly covered in the User's Manual).  Not much danger of publishing such information on an on-line bookstore.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

donquixote ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 12:40 AM

I purchased a book Amazon said was to be released 6 months ago. It has yet to be released. For what that's worth.

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 6:09 AM

Amazon UK (Amazons's sister company) has no mention of P7 at all yet

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 9:22 AM

I just looked, and they're saying December 31, now. On the other hand, I got an e-mail this morning from Content Paradise saying there was only one week to go on the pre-order. 

That whirring sound you hear is my head spinning. 😄

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 9:33 AM

CaptainJack1: Yeah got that from CP as well... if you are refering to the Last Chance! One Week Left! bit... I think that refers to the RDNA megasale and not to P7 pre-order

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 9:57 AM

Aargh... I'm so confused... I just want my Poser 7 so I can start playing...

*sigh

Guess I'll get some actual work done, then. I'm sure my employer will be pleased. 😄

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 10:49 AM

Actually I don't get paid until the first week in December so hoping they will hold off long enough for me to preorder. Husbee is paid bi-weekly at his job and the second check is always eaten up by house payment and bills. I've told him to put the bills in a bag and give them to the bill collector but he still insists on payning them.  O.o

DarrenUK ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 12:48 PM

It's gonna be released too late for me to pre-order, will be away for Christmas to visit family so it would likely be delivered while I was away. Not really the best time of year to release something the has to go through the postal system and in the past it's taken a while for stuff to get here.
Never mind, if I hold out there may be a different offer futher down the road.
There's still V4 to look forward to!

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

whoopy2k ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 1:25 PM

I'm not sure what to make of the change from the 4th to 31st, but i did a google search to figure out what I'd heard about amazon doing this in the past.  Search for "amazon leaks release date" and you'll see quite a list of such goofs.  Most of them looked like they turned out to be true.

Morgano ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 1:42 PM

As the culmination of a launch campaign of weekly announcements, the 4th would make sense.   Maybe the switch in dates represents the difference in availability of a download version (which Amazon won't have been able to supply) and the availability of the packaged version.   Or maybe Amazon has just had its wrist slapped and been sent to the back of the class.

whoopy2k ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 2:31 PM

If microsoft and apple didn't get the, i doudt E-F did.  I bet you're right that its a diff b/w boxed and d/l.  I'm betting on the 4th.

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 9:48 PM

I'm so broke, P7 will be free on a magazine, and i still probably won't be able to afford it.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

wrpspeed ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 11:45 PM

release date: when they get to reason 1052

ziggie ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 12:32 AM

Quote - release date: when they get to reason 1052

Would be worth waiting for IF there were 1052 improvements/new things in P7...!

pzrite ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 9:13 PM

Do you think if we all threaten to hold our breath at the same time they will release it any sooner?

sigh  Sometimes it's hard being a software junkie!

whbos ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 5:56 PM

Quote - Do you think if we all threaten to hold our breath at the same time they will release it any sooner?

Only if we expel fifty dollar bills when we finally exhale.  Oh, that wasn't nice.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

ziggie ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 6:40 PM

Quote - Do you think if we all threaten to hold our breath at the same time they will release it any sooner?

I doubt they would even notice and if they did... they wouldn'y care cos they have all our pre-order money now... well the PooPal money anyways.

Perhaps...  if we all meet up together outside their office and all jump up and down at the same time that might have an effect. Wouldn't bother EF initially... until the Earth went off balance and span off into deep space.

JenX ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 7:05 PM

Quote - > Quote - Do you think if we all threaten to hold our breath at the same time they will release it any sooner?

Only if we expel fifty dollar bills when we finally exhale.  Oh, that wasn't nice.

If I exhaled $50's at any time, the last place I'd spend them would be at EF.  :lol:  Love the program, but $50 will fill my tank ;)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 1:58 AM

According to e-frontier, it will be released in the fall. That means it should be before December 21st, the first day of winter. 

Morgano ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 2:26 AM

I was in a sculpture gallery yesterday where a sign proclaimed that refurbishment should be complete by the end of November.    Unless I was missing something fairly crucial, it hadn't even started.

The way E-Frontier has been staging its launch implies that it has a product ready (in E-F's own opinion - I'm not holding my breath for a bug-free Poser 7) for launch imminently.   Yes, they already have lots of money from those who have ordered P7, but they would risk claims for refunds, if they held the launch back for long.   I suspect that they have planned this pretty well and I just hope their programmers have been at least half as clever.

ziggie ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 3:19 AM

Quote - Yes, they already have lots of money from those who have ordered P7...

Maybe not as much as one might think... the only real money they have is from those who have chosen to pay via PooPal. The money from those who chose to pay by credit/debit cards isn't EF's yet, until P7 ships and the money is deducted from people's accounts.

Morgano ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 3:26 AM

Fair point.

ziggie ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 3:40 AM

Forgot to add... so it is in their best interest to release P7 as soon as possible... if they all want their Ferraris for Christmas..!

Having said that... in all fairness to EF... I can't see them making a massive profit from the sale of P7. When you take into account the price of P7... then think of their year round wages bill, running costs, overheads, etc.

Personally... I think the cost of P7 is very fair, especially if it delivers all it promises. And the upgrade path is a great deal, considering we get the 6 month Passport, $10 coupon, etc.

lkendall ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 7:57 AM

12/3/06

Ziggie:

I agree that the price of Poser is remarkably fair, especially the price for upgrade/electronic download/6 months of Passport/$10 Coupon/Free G2 Males/etc..

But in all fairness to Business 101 class, their pre-sale ad campaigne isn't half good, either. I am afraid that they have created as much bad-will as is cyber-ly possible. There is more tease than anything else, and we all know they have information to share. It has left us with little else to discuss for this drawnout affair except for how badly their web-site functions. This has produced one of the most boring wait experiences I have ever had. And, I am annoyed.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

ziggie ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 8:16 AM

LMK: Yes... I agree entirely. Their pre-release campaign has been atrocious. To be honest, I don't think I have ever seen anything quiet like it before. Soooo drawn out and for what reason...?

If it was to cause their existing and potential customers nothing but pure frustration... they certainly succeeded.

Surely they must realise that they have us over a barrel. We will buy P7 regardless of their drawn out campaign... even knowing from past experience... that P7 might be buggy, but we will still buy it, because we  want/need it.

If the object of their campaign has been to cause excitement, then I personally think they failed miserably.

EF... WAKE UP...! We want the program... not the hype..!

and... when do we want it..? WE WANT IT NOW..!!!

Jovial ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 12:44 AM

Do DAZ and ef share the same marketing people?

There are remarkable similarities between the way Poser 7 and Victoria 4 are arriving. Eventually both products will get to market, but I am now worn out by the waiting and begining to wonder if I really care about either product, even though I am a true poser-ite and will have to get the new stuff soon [I could give up Poser-ing any time I want, honest].

I guess that software developers are now very shy about giving actual release dates since you can see how badly M$ got it wrong with Windows Vista (2 years late) and Longhorn (never arrived). I also have some sympathy with software developers because it is inevitable that the more features you have in a product, so the testing and weird dependency problems tend to grow exponentially.

(Sits back in chair to wait some more).

Rgds Jovial.

wrpspeed ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 8:22 AM

I believe Longhorn was the beginings of Windows Vista before they developed the final name.

ziggie ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 9:05 AM

The more I ruminate about the release of P7... the more cconvinced I am becoming that it will be released on 31st Dec 2006...

Why..? Because of the 007 theme behind their marketing... so it could be released on first day of 2**007.

Problem with that being... EF staff will be so pied from their New Year's party the actual launch would be a total disaster.

d4500 ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 10:20 AM

Ha!  Don't hold your breath! 
By the way, did they like... fire CL or something?  Lately, exCL isn't friendly or responsive. I tried to DL the Anime Demo by registering for a link.  Needless to say that didn't happen.  Wrote them a few times about it... hmmmm hasn't freeze over yet either.

What's up with that anyway?  I don't really care much for D|S studio anyway - wouldn't spend a cent on it if it was free.  I wished Daz had bought Poser from day one.  Things would have been so much better.

metabog ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 2:05 PM

I visited a gypsy psychic today, Madame Blabbafortooskie.
She cheered me up considerably.
She predicted that absolutely without fail, Poser 7 AND V4 will be released before this century draws to a close!

Circumvent ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 6:25 PM

Well today is the 4th and no sign of Poser 7.  Hmmmmmm I guess it will be released after Christmas.  If that happens, that would not be good press for EF.

lkendall ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 6:55 PM

12/04/06

LasloV the marketing director for EF just managed to annoy the folks at the CP forums by writing that EF/CP had until the end of fall (Dec. 21) to get out Poser 7, and still not have exceded their promised release date. He says they understand the issue completely. They should, seeing the high volumn of negative EMail their marketing has produced, and the low consumer confidence their lack of helpful information has created.

Starlet, the CP Product Manager, did not help much by pointing out that even though EF/CP had missed deadlines in the past, they had finally told people about it. She followed up with a lecture about being patient, which should go over really well.

Really, marketing is not that hard folks. Consumers are easily dazzeled. A few renders a week, let the beta-testers discuss the product, and let content providers talk about their future plans for products, and the customers will patiently wait in line for just about ever. You have to (HAVE TO) entertain us. its just that simple.

So, don't hold your breath, Poser 7 will be out when EF/CPdecides to or is actually able to releases it. Don't expect a change in their marketing plan.

LMK

Morgano ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 6:55 PM

I can't help thinking this was intended as the launch date.   Content Paradise kept its RDNA sale banner up for a day after the sale ended and then reverted to a banner from mid-November, which is plainly out of date.   I am guessing that that wasn't Plan A.

Dark_Elf ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 7:00 PM

I tend to think not-maybe this week, but I can't see them releasing it on a Monday for some reason..........I just want a date. With that I'll be satisfied to wait-but I am getting annoyed at lack of a date. Besides-didn't laslo say something last week on this forum about a release party THIS week?

My Stuff:) You might hate it, but you never know... 
Here 
CP

lkendall ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 7:12 PM

12/4/06

Renee1234:

LasloV mentioned a "party" this week, but no mention of release has actually been made until his note today, that EF had until December 21st.

CP/EF have been sending out pre-notification newsletters the evening before putting each of their 7 reasons up on their website. Each release has encouraged some pre-orders of Poser 7, but thier buggy website software bogs down with any extra activity. This produces a new round of complaints in their forums. It takes them days to get everything back in order. They really can't do much on Mondays, except occassionally send out one of their late night newsletter announcements.

LMK

whoopy2k ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 10:09 PM

Quote - ...each release has encouraged some pre-orders of Poser 7, but thier buggy website software bogs down with any extra activity. This produces a new round of complaints in their forums. It takes them days to get everything back in order...

LMK

That makes me think even more that they should be up front with the schedule... say: "It will be open on a staggered release for pre-orders on this day."  Then a few days later they can sneek out the public downloads in the middle of the night or something.  But if they are having infrastructure problems then it seems counterproductive to setup a senario wherein we all pound their site once a day to see if it is ready.

lkendall ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 11:07 PM

12/5/06

Whoopy2k:

After they released Poser 5 as a free download, it took me 6 weeks to finally accomplish a complete download of the package. During that time I bought other software, and I could not download it, because of their bandwidth problems. They take complaints through a mail system they call "tickets." None of the tickets I sent them were ever answered; not even one. After a few months they were all marked as taken care of, but I was never contacted. I had to contact the author of the software I ordered, and get the download from him.

When I ordered Poser 6, their website store software changed the version I ordered from PC to Mac when I used my scroll wheel, and I did not notice. Again, they did not answer my ticket, but a kind soul here gave me an EMail address of one of their staff who corrected the problem. There has been no end of complaints about problems ordering or downloading products, and the pleas for help overflow into their forums on a regular basis.

Last week they had domain problems, and the CP website could not be reached most of the time for days. It was not their fault, but that does nothing to increase confidence. Everyone is very nervous about the upcoming electronic distribution of Poser 7. EF/CP have simply not demonstrated the ability to handle this one bit better than before.

LMK

ziggie ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 11:24 PM

The whole issue has been handled badly.

Personally... after I eventually manage to get P7 downloaded... I will never buy another version of Poser... until Poser 8 is released of course  :crying:

whoopy2k ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 11:44 PM

I guess my exp with EF (at the time CL) has been mixed.  I had a graphics card compatibility prob.  They were easy to get in contact with (via phone) but were not able to do anything to help me (blamed my card maker).  I've defiantly noticed my fair share of complaints on these forums from unhappy people.  At any rate, I guess i expected more from them after the EF buyout.  I just come back to the fact that if they have problems with their website, a protracted mystery as to when I will roll out does not seem like a good strategy.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 11:54 PM

ya gotta know whom to talk to at e--f (colin) he'll take care of ya anyway, I'm glad to see nobody who knows the release date has blabbed :lol: It don't matter to me - as always, I'm gonna let the early adopters work out the bugs that the beta testers were too smart to get, before I buy the patched version.

metabog ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 9:49 AM

LOL! Ya gotta know who to talk to at E-F AND a top secret release date! There's some high caliber marketing strategy for ya!

E-frontier is starting to sound like some retro behind the iron curtain country - all double talk and secrecy and that seven week campaign of bullsh*t could only have come from a complete sub-level Borat!

Oh I'm not bitter.

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 12:40 PM

Quote - LOL! Ya gotta know who to talk to at E-F AND a top secret release date! There's some high caliber marketing strategy for ya!

E-frontier is starting to sound like some retro behind the iron curtain country - all double talk and secrecy and that seven week campaign of bullsh*t could only have come from a complete sub-level Borat!

Oh I'm not bitter.

What...like DAZ?

Tirjasdyn

d4500 ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 3:52 PM · edited Tue, 05 December 2006 at 3:53 PM

I think Daz should just dump that silly old D|S studio and purchase Poser - then they can add build on that - I'm sure Daz would be able to address the problems better.  Oh - note to Daz!  I don't approve of electronic manuals.  If  exCL can still do it - you can to.  That is soooo cheap!

Anyone that's every fought a battle in a fighter jet cockpit appreciates the the natural view of the environment - many times if a enemy fighter buzzes by your cockpit, you're lost as to his position. When you finally figure out his position, he's already left or shot you down. 

That said, I really appreciate using a physical manual - not a dumb 2D flat screen manual without the benefit of orientation -that's so 2nd century!

moogal ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 5:10 PM

I think I'd rather wait on a boxed version than be at the mercy of a busy website!

d4500 ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 9:20 AM

HELP!!!
I can't even get or access the updates for Poser 6.  This is just so wrong!!!  Do I have any options?  You can enter your serial number, but you'll never get that reply email or your download.

I know - this only happens to paying customers.

They really have very serious issues!   Poor Poser.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.