Wed, Sep 18, 6:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:30 pm)

Subject: Anyone else spending less time in Poser?

whoopy2k ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 6:08 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 7:34 AM

I'm sure I'll sound like a broken record repeat of half the people on this forum, but I feel like I'm in 3D limbo.  I've got several projects going on at the moment to mod V3 with morph targets.  With all this veiled talk of V4 and P7 releases I've been spending less and less time working on anything for fear of obsolescence.  I'm one of those people who will probably upgrade both products within a month of their release, but I'm starting to loose my tolerance for these publicity games.  Who are they trying to increase sales from by dragging this out?  People who are addicted will buy regardless, people who look down on the Poser community won't be sold anyway.  Ug, wake me when they are out and HOPEFULLY I'll still be a loyal customer.

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 7:34 PM

I'm still a Poser 6 junkie, sorry !

Eternal Hobbyist

whoopy2k ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 7:58 PM

I'm still a junkie as well!  I'm just finding myself worry my efforts will be for not once the new figures and app come out.  That and only that makes me spend less time than I used to at this.

Tguyus ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 8:56 PM

I've been spending much MORE time in Poser since the P7 and V4 products were announced.  I'm working like mad to clean up my P6 runtime so it's ready to port into P7.  Updating and organizing pose sets and props and materials, fixing references and purging unnecessary files using CRPro II, etc.  I want a squeaky clean and up-to-date runtime ready for when P7 arrives!

Robo2010 ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 9:01 PM

Yes, I have found myself in poser less. Fed up with memory errors, even at near lower settings "Stop errors". Why have higher settings when you can not really use it, even on a higher end PC than the requirements written on the box. Their is a nod I am not able to use at all.."Gather nod", or the Poser halts. I really like to animate (make a little movie, video), but I am finding fustration on mech walk cycles, and some other. People make/sell vehicles/mechs for poser, but they do not make cycles in em. Rendering issues: halts, crashes, stop errors. I still use poser, but not as much as I really like to. Holding off on Poser 7. I thought P6 will be better than P5. Their is more goodies than P5, but errors, and animation problems slow me down. Along with personal life, and christmas now.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 9:41 PM

I am! Only because I've been having to work on my old desktop and it's frustrating trying to render on it because of not having enough memory on it.  But if I had a better computer I'd still be in it for hours each day.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

joemccarron ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 10:47 PM

I totally agree.  I have not worked on my animation figuring I will soon be able to save some of my work as universal poses.  Why spend the effort now to find it could have been done better and easier later.   I probably will not wait for V4 though.  I figure whatever work I do will somehow be compatible with her if she is good.  

The other maybe bigger point is that I have not bought any content or utilities.   Why buy textures for V3 /m3 if they will be obsolete?  Why buy addons for poser 7 when they may be inclued in the program.  It seems puppet master for bipeds was all but included.  Will other utilities even work with P7?  I'm holding off on all these purchases.

How will I like the new P7 characters?  should I save for them instead of buying new stuff for my current characters?   I am holding off on skinvue 6 until V4 and M4 is out and I can see if I will use them instead of the new poser figures.   I have been on a buying freeze for all poser related stuff.   I'm sure many others must be as well.  It may be good for sales of Poser and V4 but it must be killing the third party vendors. 

whoopy2k ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 11:08 PM

In my case, that of an aspiring morph target modeler, I'm stuck from both the morph tools of P7 and the very real problem of working on V3 when V4 will change everything.  I just think this whole thing is going to blow any good will EF might have worked hard to earn by delivering many of our often requested features such as multi undos.  I already feel my own feelings turning to frustration again and I'm not even an adict.  I can quit... really!

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 12:35 AM

Don't leave the rest of us, please !

The "improved versions" for not only figures but the software itself, has come upon users at a rate which overtakes their (our) learning curve and comfort zones. 

Frankly, I could do with one major upgrade every four years.  But No-oo, business seems to be driven by upgrading the customer every 6 months if possible !  Annoying.

I'd probably be about 6 to 8 months lagging behind the latest and greatest Whatever.  Plus, I have a pocket money budget to watch.

Eternal Hobbyist

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 2:16 AM

I'm busy playing with V6I at the moment, not off Poser, just got something new to play with :-))

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

jt411 ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 3:20 AM

I agree, this is getting a little annoying. I've been thinking twice about buying V3 content for months. For now I'm planning to slowly phase V3 out of my workload as content becomes available for V4. I'll buy the figure right away, but I think it will be a while before I really start using her in commercial projects.
Poser 7's release is almost as annoying. I've put most of my animation commissions on hold, pending its release. P7's layer features should potentially allow me to produce better work. At least I hope!
JT

lemur01 ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 6:18 AM

I use P4 A LOT (i know, i know, living in the dark ages etc... but it does for what i need it for). I bought P5 and got stung. When P6 came out i was very wary of all the hype and listened a lot to what was said about it before deciding against. I'll do the same with P7 but i'm not optimistic. And in the meantime i'll continue to follow the progress of DAZ studio.

Sadly, from what i've gleaned so far, this latest version of Poser seems more geared to gathering income for the company than being a worthwhile investment for the user. Still. i'll wait to see what is said after a few people have played with it and hope to be pleasently surprised.

And now back to emtying 2 rooms while a wait for new floors to be fitted. You don't realise how much stuff you have until you have to cart it all upstairs.

Jack

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 7:15 AM

I'm using P5 a lot more timewise than I did P4..mainly because if I pick something where the textures aren't immediately found, it locks up. And I use production render, which is faster 'n Bryce, but not all that much..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Robo2010 ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 8:30 AM

Software companies like to blame the user when finding flaws, on using their product(s). So much denial from them. Majority of us Poser users are having memory issues and they say..do this, do that, and do not do this and check that. Why have higher functions when you can not use em at all.

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 10:33 AM

yeah...I've been out of poser lately even with one project in there..mainly because I've been playing in Painter and working in Photoshop (yeah new job!)

Tirjasdyn

Gini ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 10:53 AM

Vinf6 is occupying me most these days, also Painter and as always Photoshop. I turn to Poser as a bit of a relax when I'm having too many 'fatal errors' in Vue. I find all the buildup just something to ignore.... P7 will get here when it gets here. If Propack was OSX native I'd still happily use that though I'll get 7 when it comes out just 'cause i can. I'm looking forward to ZBrush 2.5 most of all ... holding off on getting too into version 2 just because I think 2.5 will really be different.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

whoopy2k ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 10:44 PM

Another night... another day without a P7 launch date.  Those two Buck Rodgers epp of South Park is starting to feel more and more painful.  Sometimes I feel about that mature about this wait!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 11:41 PM

I'll upgrade if and when I'm damn good and ready for it, and when it's convenient for me. Regardless of the marketing.

Like OMG, what awful thing is gonna happen if I don't get Poser the day of the release or don;t kow when it's going to get released... ummmm... probably none... Oh, I might even get a good nights sleep if I'm not consumed in some 3D project.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Realmling ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 12:44 AM

Today was the first in the past 5 or so that I dinked with Poser.....

...and then I "got in trouble" because I was "dinking" on the computer rather than unpacking after move to new house. (never mind there's this other person in the house that could assist with MY job by getting HIS stuff out of my living room so I could actually start putting the house together...)

I don't use Vicky so no worries there...perhaps if a new Aiko was on the way....but then, I didn't get my grubby little hands on P6 until earlier this year. So I'll just wait and see and then decide if I get new computer toys or new floors (and the list goes on). ^_~

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.