Sun, Oct 6, 1:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: V4 First Impressions

Faye74 ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 10:56 AM

Quote - BelleStudio,

Could you stop whining and just show me a picture of a V4 joint that looks worse than a V3 joint in the same pose?

Havent you got enough yet? Stop behaving like a tempered child! She said she has not critized your opinion only the way you said it.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 11:33 AM

I think I've figured it out.

Faye74, darkswordlord, and BelleStudio collectively have only a few posts, all in the last two days, all in the same threads. Are they really different people? Hard to tell.

I've sent a message to the admins to stop this thread.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 11:51 AM

I don't necessarily think they're the same person, Bagginsbill. More like ...what's the word... sycophants?

Once again., Belle, you are the one who behaved rude here, not Bagginsbill who has beern nothing but helpful here. You haven't said anything other than derogatory things about V4 and yes, I do find it odd that you've been a member here for a year, since this place has such a bad reputation in your opinion. Oh but perhaps the ones with the right opinions are the metallic ursine and his peers?

Bell, I now quote you (which I don't need permission to do since you've posted it here for us all to see)

*Where the hell did I say that "V3 were better than V4" or "V4 worse than V3". Show me where! because I never said such thing, it was all in YOUR head. And I did not say that because it is not true.

*Semantics perhaps. Awful sure signals that you find V4 less useable/attractive than V3, and a statement as *

YOU ARE NOT ALONE !

LOL!

I will stick to V3, A3 and Miki ;)

also looks to me like you find V3 better than V4.

And no, those quotes aren't taken out of context, unfortunately. They're all some you made in threads regarding V4, and it the second example the only thing you did say in that post.

I have no problems with you preferring V4 to V3, but to call her "awful" is uncalled for when we are discussing her setup. It is much more advanced than V3's. And I DO have problems with you attacking Bagginsbill out of the blue like this. And for bringing in all your "classmates" to back you up.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Natolii ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 12:42 PM

Belle, You either need to substantiate your opinion with facts, or stop the needless attacks. I am finding V4 much easier to work with. She is not perfect, but her joints are far better than V3 and the other models tested against. Jim Burton is the author of "The Great Poser Bending Test" and this is the second one he has conducted while in development of figure add-ons.

Baggins, As you can see there are people that will take the littlest offense to a figure of speech and turn it into an attack.

To anyone else jumping to Belle's Defense, I am sure she is an adult and appreciates your loyalty, but please adding fuel to the fire is not the way to go. She took offense to a figure of speech here in the US. I tell my boyfriend and he tells me "What are you smoking so I know what to avoid..." DO I take offense? Nope

People do need to take a step back and cool down. I've seen a lot of hostile threads due to the release of V4 that have little to no basis in reality. If you are posting a negative or even a positive opinion, Back It UP. This way when someone calls you on your opinion you are able to respond without resorting to immature taunts and attacks.

Natolii ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 12:47 PM

Quote - Oh but perhaps the ones with the right opinions are the metallic ursine and his peers?

Trekkie, The Metallic Ursine and his peers have nothing to do with this display of immaturity. If some of us are taking a hard look at V4 and some of us are liking what we are seeing. Belle and her ilk have not deigned to visit the Bar. Otherwise the Triffids wouldn't be so hungry.

Frankly, I'm reigning in the natural reaction of "point and snicker."

wolfstrack ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 1:10 PM

I dont understand why people react that way when you say you do not like V4. This is my first post here and I do not know Belle. I would not pretend that all people having the same opinion are all friends or mates or whatever. So if this is common language what are you all smoking? GG

westcat ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 1:10 PM · edited Tue, 19 December 2006 at 1:23 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

OK I'll ask the naughty question.  Will genitalia moph objects work with Vic 4 that are used on Vic 3?   🤤  Hey just asking  

Hope no one thinks this is aweful awful of me  :rolleyes:

Natolii ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 1:41 PM

::grins:: Naughty, Naughty.

The quick answer is no. The morph object are built off the V3 obj and V4 was completely rebuilt. You might have luck with the G4 prop but that will require scaling.

Quote - OK I'll ask the naughty question.  Will genitalia moph objects work with Vic 4 that are used on Vic 3?   🤤  Hey just asking  

Hope no one thinks this is aweful awful of me  :rolleyes:

Ironbear ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 1:44 PM

Quote - By the way these guys must be living in the Thunderdome where discussions are made that way: made some rude comments then hit the opponent down :-) In our civilized cities we do it the civilized way :-)

If you folks are "civilized", I'm glad I'm one of those Thunderdome Barbarians. You seem to be operating under a misapprehension: The Peaceful Nomads of the Thunderdome wish only to extend their hand in Friendship and Amity to all, and to counter the propaganda of the Mhendacious running dog imperialists and their poserite lackeys. Thunderdome really does not want to take over The Communities. We only wish peaceful co-existence with the Communities of the Poser. We really are peaceful pastoral nomads, and we are only looking for a little art and culture. We're really sorry that we broke some stuff, and we strenously deny the allegations of plunder. Someone else started the fire, the damage to the CuriousLabs was inadvertent, and it was not our yak, but someone else's yak entirely... Ok, so maybe it was our yak, afterall. I'm not tellin'. Burn Last! ;) Whatever ya'll are smokin', quit bogarting. I do hope you brought enough to share with the rest of the class, huh?

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Ironbear ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 1:50 PM

Quote - the metallic ursine and his peers?

You gotta watch Names, T'grrl. Say it three times and you might conjure something. ;) Oh... wait... was I supposed to wait for three? (o0) digs out tattered copy of Demon Rulebook and pages through riffle riffle... yup. Damn. Err... oopsie? g

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 1:59 PM

Chuckle

Wow, I feel better - for a while there I thought I was being "gaslighted". And no, I'm not going explain what that means, but I hope it suffices to point out that it's not an insult.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

westcat ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 2:33 PM

hmmmm I'll ask the other question, is a Michael M4 far behind?

Quote -    ::grins::    Naughty, Naughty.

The quick answer is no. The morph object are built off the V3 obj and V4 was completely rebuilt. You might have luck with the G4 prop but that will require scaling.

KarenJ ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 2:41 PM

Guys,

I don't want to lock what should be an informative thread. Please stick to discussing the issues and models, not each others' communication styles. I'm sure we can disagree with each other and have spirited debates without the forums catching fire, can't we?

Thanks 👍

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

kimber89 ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 2:44 PM

Quote - > Quote - Ummm, not sure what you mean here......I'm not HoneyBelle (?).

I meant BelleStudio of course. And no, I am not new here. I just avoid the board most of the time. Now I know why :-)

Ohhhh OK! Thought I must've said something wrong when you used my quotes. :)))
You made me laugh today!

Peshkwe ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 2:53 PM

It's Trekkie's fault.

She summoned, got, and now he's dropping hellfire and embers all over the forums.

Not to mention the stray yaks smokin them joints.

Natolii ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 3:16 PM

Oh, Those yaks...

And here I thought he was talking about something ... yanno... Gross.

::evil grin::

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 3:30 PM

Quote -
Trekkie, The Metallic Ursine and his peers have nothing to do with this display of immaturity.

Heh I was afraid it would go unnoticed. It was mostly the comment of Rosity's "bad name" that made me think of it. Nothing personal, as I hope both you and IB knows. :o)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 3:36 PM

Gah! Missed the fact that there was a new page here before I replied. IB, you mean I can conjure you up by saying the name thrice?

Mmmm gotta try that some day...

Must it be a full moon, too? =o)

"Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,--
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble."

Peshkwe ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 3:41 PM · edited Tue, 19 December 2006 at 3:42 PM

*peers in the pot...takes a sniff

Smells like yak

Both kinds.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 4:00 PM

Peers or pees? :lol:

Peshkwe ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 4:22 PM

Quote - Peers or pees? :lol:

Get close enough to the yaks and it'll be both.

Ironbear ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 4:39 PM

Might try it, Trekkie. What... you looking for a mettalic ursine for Christmas? ;]

Quote - Nothing personal, as I hope both you and IB knows. :o)

Ratz. It's just not fun if I can't take it... personal. sigh

• Monkeysmell

Ironbear ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 4:49 PM

Quote - I don't want to lock what should be an informative thread. Please stick to discussing the issues and models, not each others' communication styles.

Ok, coolness. I don't have Vicki 4, so I'm probably more qualified than anyone here to say that she's both The Greatest Advance In Poser Model History, and She Blows Chunks. [Pay up, Dan. Celebrity Endorsements aren't cheap, yanno. I threw in the "Blows chunks" as a freebie.] Speaking as the only one here with style, what's wrong with discussing communications? ;] And, as applies to most poserdom issues, this one started silly and hit complete absurdity in about 8 posts - verging on a New Renderosity Record. Happy now, Karen? I fulfilled the Obligatory Anti-Thread Drift Nailing Requirements. JUST for you. ;) Merry Christmas. > Quote - I'm sure we can disagree with each other and have spirited debates without the forums catching fire, can't we?

No. Come Peshkwe - Our Job Here is Done. Hiyo Pewter - Away! rides off snickering in all directions at once

• Monkeysmell

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 4:54 PM

LOL!

Peshkwe ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 5:44 PM

Eh???

Ay!! AY!!!! Get back here with that yak!!

Bloody weird T'salagi...were'd ya find a pewter yak anyways....

trudges back to the bar

KarenJ ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 6:51 PM

Quote - Happy now, Karen? I fulfilled the Obligatory Anti-Thread Drift Nailing Requirements. JUST for you. ;) Merry Christmas.

I'm delirious with joy, old bean :laugh:

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 7:15 PM

Back to the original post in this thread --

That image is a great way to sell more copies of V4.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

darkswordlord ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 9:19 PM

No its going to be DarkMoon! Grin!

BrightArro ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 9:34 PM

V4 is such an interesting topic, a neverending story! We could develop some male and female hobbit morphs despite the base figure. That would be a great fun, dont you think?

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 10:02 PM

If you like hobbits - then morph away.  Start the thread.

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 10:25 PM

God this community has gotten soft if this is what passes as a flame war. I really miss the good old/bad old days.

Finister ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 10:57 PM

First impression?

A Victoria's Secret dream body with a P4 Posette blank stare face

But that's just my first impression.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 10:59 PM · edited Tue, 19 December 2006 at 11:05 PM

They don't have flame wars as we know them over at places like CGTalk.  The moderating is far stricter than it is here.  Start flamewars there -- get kicked off the board.  I don't know if I'd call a policy like that "soft".  It sounds pretty hard-nosed to me.

About like the sitting judge when I was summoned for jury duty a couple of weeks ago.  He let us know up front that "he could lock us up" if we did anything untoward in his courtroom.

So one guy sat in his chair with a newspaper held up in front of his face -- a bailiff walked over and made him put the paper down......another guy's cell phone rang in the courtroom.  The phone was confiscated from him -- and he probably wasn't going to be getting it back.  Or so the court spokesman had expressly warned us in advance.  "Turn your cell phones off.  They are really serious about this in there."

So, yeah......some forums are run about like that courtroom.  At least the hardcore, top-end professional ones tend to be.

BrightArro ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 11:09 PM

So this hobbit morph is going to be a good start ;-) The same procedure? :-) DAZ is SO generous for people supporting V4 they will certainly help us with the morphs.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 11:13 PM

Try it out -- ask the good folks at DAZ for help along those lines.

In my experience, the DAZ people are very helpful.

darkswordlord ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 11:17 PM

The same procedure BA, as always ;)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 11:23 PM

Quote - The same procedure BA, as always ;)

Yep -- the same one. :biggrin:

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 11:24 PM

As they say: Practice makes perfect.

Fazzel ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 1:11 AM

file_363074.jpg

> Quote - First impression? > > A Victoria's Secret dream body with a P4 Posette blank stare face > > But that's just my first impression.

Huh?  What do you mean "blank stare"?  I come with
dozens of expression morphs.  People just need to use
them on me.

Signed Nikki,  aka Victoria 4.0

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 1:28 AM

Good job, Fazzel.

As this thread indicates, we seem to have a small crop of people who've been inspired to start posting in the forums by the release of V4 to the Poser market.  So that fact alone tells us that V4 is already a purebred winner -- because she's demonstrated herself to be a great motivator.....an icon for the ages........and therefore: an absolutely irresistible magnet for iconoclasts.  Thus: her total, triumphant success and domination of the Poser market is 100% guaranteed.

whew  I was concerned there for a bit.  But all of this frenetic activity has set my troubled mind completely at ease.

It's a wonder.  Out just a few days, and already she's a legend.

Fazzel ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 2:05 AM

Quote - Good job, Fazzel.

As this thread indicates, we seem to have a small crop of people who've been inspired to start posting in the forums by the release of V4 to the Poser market.  So that fact alone tells us that V4 is already a purebred winner -- because she's demonstrated herself to be a great motivator.....an icon for the ages........and therefore: an absolutely irresistible magnet for iconoclasts.  Thus: her total, triumphant success and domination of the Poser market is 100% guaranteed.

whew  I was concerned there for a bit.  But all of this frenetic activity has set my troubled mind completely at ease.

It's a wonder.  Out just a few days, and already she's a legend.

I've been puttering around with her for about a week now.  The first thing DAZ
did was give her a decent skin texture and added shaders.  Which goes a
long way toward making the character more realistic.  And I have noticed
a definite improvement in the joints.  On the negative they seem to have
scrimped on the head and body morphs.  V3 came with a lot wider selection.
And of course you can't use the V3 morphs on V4, at least I haven't seen
a way yet. Plus for some odd reason they put both the breasts on the chest
section instead each on a collar section, which means I can't pose and
shape the breast separately. 

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 4:19 AM

I am definitely impressed by the included hi-res texture. And the shader is good. I opened it in my graphic software and adjusted the reds down, to get pale skin for a certain purpose. I also washed out the auburn eyebrows, and now use a sub-map on node to produce eyebrows (netherworks). I have been working strictly on faces so far.

I am not participating consciously in any legend making or company wars. Just happy to have a fine new model.

::::: Opera :::::

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 4:56 AM

Yeah I think the DAZ high rez mats are have the most character of any available at this point.  The DAZ-hosted Laura texture is pretty good too, although I don't understand why the head/neck is so much lighter than the body.

JoJo mats at Poserpros are also very good, but I have to weed out that yellow tint on the eyes and teeth, it's a bit too much for me.  Skin's great though!

My Freebies

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 6:53 AM

Over the last two days, I have attempted to take V4 to Asia. 

The tools are there, in the morphs. 

This is just a work in progress. I am blocked by the utterly ridiculous DAZ limits on the morphs. Petuy! I spit on them. There is a thread already started for a work-around. Once I have time to figure it out, I will be able to make the eyes even better.

This is not a glamour image, but rather a 'stark light' revelation of a face. Please forgive the no-hair. I can't find hair worthy yet.

::::: Opera :::::

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 6:53 AM · edited Wed, 20 December 2006 at 6:53 AM

file_363090.jpg

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR LARGER, CLEARER FILE

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 6:57 AM

file_363093.jpg

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR LARGER, CLEARER FILE

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.