Sun, Oct 6, 4:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Guess who ;o)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 6:31 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 4:20 PM

file_364582.jpg

No, it's NOT Alan Alda.

I'm playing with some new morphs I've made. Guess who is the guy under them :lol:

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Maxfield ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 6:39 PM

Koji?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 6:46 PM

Hehe I hoped someone would say that.

Nope :) Not Koji.

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 7:02 PM

M4? 😕

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

nickedshield ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 7:08 PM

Apollo Max.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

ominousplay ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 7:08 PM

It's a trick question. V4...?

Never Give Up!

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 7:10 PM

Dork?..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

vince3 ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 7:14 PM

i was gonna say V4!! so what do i win?

ghelmer ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 7:16 PM

ALan Alda?

sorry.......

G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

kimber89 ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 7:53 PM

I'll say Sydney....something about the nose & lips say Sydney.

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 7:58 PM

Heck, for fun, I'll say The Freak!

(Which, would be awesome, unlikely, 'cuz I'm pretty sure those are EF eyes.)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 8:19 PM

Simon says.......

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 9:45 PM

The last time we playe dthis game, it was Don.  So, I'm saying Don again.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 9:59 PM

Kelvin?

ghelmer ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 10:22 PM

I'm officially SO LAME!!!  I didn't see the "No, it's NOT Alan Alda" part!!!!!! 

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

JVRenderer ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 11:02 PM

Alan Alda imitating a Ferengi?!

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

JOEANOMALY ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 11:38 PM

Alan Rickman?

Peelo ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 12:00 AM

James.

-Morbo will now introduce the candidates - Puny Human Number One, Puny Human Number Two, and Morbo's good friend Richard Nixon.
-Life can be hilariously cruel

Niha ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 12:24 AM

Alan Rickman? LOL

Niha ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 12:26 AM

No really, Farris?

ghelmer ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 12:36 AM

Clark?

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 2:11 AM

Hehehe RAMwolff got it. It's Simon :o)

But the fact that he isn't immediately recognizable as Simon confirms that I'm on the right track with my "un-Simonify" morphs :o)

The morphs will work on G2James as well btw. If anyone is interested in the same face on James, I'll post it when I get home from work today :o)

seattletim ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 9:00 AM

Alan Rickman imitating Alan Alda as an Apollo Morph?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 2:58 PM

:lol: seattletim.. That ought to give some points for the artistic performance ;o)

Actually, I've spent half the evening making Simon and JamesG2 (since the y share morphs) to look like Alan Rickman. I didn't quite succeed though. The thing is I can't quite decide what it is that is off. If I knew, I'd make a morph to fix it ;o)

Everybody should look like Alan Rickman, really.......

OTOH I guess it's a good thing they don't or I'd get a constant heartattack...

Nvlonewulf ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 7:10 PM

Actually, I've spent half the evening making Simon and JamesG2 (since the y share morphs) to look like Alan Rickman. I didn't quite succeed though. The thing is I can't quite decide what it is that is off. If I knew, I'd make a morph to fix it ;o)

Oh now don't tell me that!   :blink:  That just leads me on.... wanting.... waiting.... Now I'm going to expect you to figure this out one day and come up with a Rickman morph.  

Meanwhile, I'll be waiting.   :biggrin:

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

Niha ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 7:58 PM

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 12:04 AM

Actually, Conan the Barbarian came on last night as I was reading this, so I say it's a young version of the wizard in it..;)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 7:21 AM

Nvlonewolf... I think I figured out which morphs were missing to make Alan. So I have added those. Now to actually MAKE Simon look like Alan is something else... but at least I think it's possible now :)

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 9:54 AM

I say that it's a morph of Leonard Nimoy imitating Alan Rickman imitating Leonard Nimoy in Galaxy Quest.
DPH

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 12:19 PM · edited Sat, 06 January 2007 at 12:20 PM

file_364705.jpg

:lol: David!

Well here's Simon masquerading as Alan Rickman, masquerading as Severus Snape then ;o)
(or at least as close as I could get with a quick turn of the new morphs :o)

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 12:35 PM

The bridge of the nose looks like he ran into a Mack truck highballing on a super highway; but the jaw ans chin show great promise.  Morphing these figures to look like real people is a very difficult task.  I've had a bit of success using Posette, but THAT was ONLY after I acquired some 400 facial MT's to work with - borrowings from Pitklad's NEA, gifts from various friends, etc.  Trying to morph with magnet, while I understand the theory, still frightens me psychologically.
David P. Hoadley

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 12:55 PM

Mmm the bridge of the nose is only slightly overdone, actually. (and it can be modified of course since it's a morph) but Alan does have that funny squarish bit on the nose bridge.

Also... the face looked VERY different when rendered. Shadows play a great role.

One of the things that tricks people when they try to replicate real live people is they forget how much the camera angle means. Unless you can hit the same angle AND focal, you'll never be able to get a proper likeness.

Isch... Magnets... I use them occasionally, but always with a feeling like I was juggling volatile chemicals :lol:

And remember this morph was done in less than 30 minutes. My M3 Rickman-morph has been in the works for over a year and is still not perfected.

Nvlonewulf ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 2:32 PM

He looks very Snapeish! 

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 3:10 PM

Speaking of Snape, my 16 year old daughter insisted ofn watching 'Goblet of Fire' on video again (for the sixth? time), tonight.  Snape hardely appers in it, but when he does, he MEMORABLE!
David P. Hoadley

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 4:07 PM

Hehe you're telling me, David? gets all dreamy-eyed at the thought of Snape on the ladder. In the store room...GUH!

And nvlonewolf - thanks. I think it ended up fairly well, given that it was just a fairly fast job without much photoreference :)

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 4:13 PM

In truth, Alan Rickman does a better Snape than 'Whatshername' writes.  Interesting that the imitation should outshine the original.
DPH

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 6:03 PM

Hmm.. I don't agree there. As much as I love Alan Rickman, Book Snape is so much more interesting. But one thing is certain: Alan Rickman is doing a tremendous job bringing that character to life. There's  a reason why there are so many Snape fans out there - some of them haven't even read the books, yet they can see, through the veil that various more or less skilled directors have tried to cast over the character, that Snape is NOT evil incarnate. And that is thanks to Alan, who manages to give the character enough depth and facets that Snape goes from a one-dimensional villain (like Voldie) to be a true dualistic "grey" character. Neither black nor white, but both.

Snape is not a nice man by any stretch of imagination (well...except in some fluffy fanfics LOL) - but nor is he Evil. And without J K Rowlins to flesh him out in the books (and remember, she has told Alan Rickman AS THE ONLY PERSON EVER) what ACTUALLY happens to Snape in the end.)

heheh start me up on my favourite subject and I can go on for hours....

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 9:07 PM

saw a note where she said she was working on book 7. Considering what happened to Dumbledore in book 6, well...let's now spoil it..;)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 4:53 AM

Heheh well it's not exactely hot news that she's working on Book 7, given that it has been promised for release in 2007 (though she likely won't make it for 07.07.07 now sigh) and if YOU can spoil it, then you have a crystal ball of a better wuality than my own LOL So can I please borrow it to see next week's Lotto numbers? ;o)

On a slightly more serious note: There are many reasons why I think Snape will eventually survive, while I'm not so sure about Harry actually making it to the end. First of all,, unless they find a REALLY good way of dislodging the horcrux the boy is carrying around in/on his forehead, then he's pretty much toast. Neither can live while the other survives...

That would also be a surefire way of preventing anyone from writing spin-offs later. So from both a storytelling as well as a cynical-capitalistic POV I thing Harry will die in Book 7. But there's no need for Snape to die. Quite the contrary, actually. Of course there is the off chance that Harry kills Snapoe in a fit of rage (and then afterwards discovers the truth about Snape: That he was Dumbledore's man all the time and had been doing his best to protect the brat - eventhough Snape no doubt genuinely hates Harry (but for reasons Harry will likely never quite understand)

The funny thing is, I think JK will be upsetting more readers by killing Snape than by killing Harry...

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 10:52 PM

We're all going to have to wait for the last book to come out to find out. It's going to be sad to see the end.

vilian ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 2:53 AM
Online Now!

Quote -
The funny thing is, I think JK will be upsetting more readers by killing Snape than by killing Harry...

True, true ^.^ Watching Harry was amusing through first three parts - a funny sweet boy in a funny sweet world - well, at least comparing to how dark things turned out to be since part four. Snape gained a lot of depth there, and even though I never kinda liked him (until one fluffy story LOL), I'd rather let paper-flat boring Harry die than to loose such interesting character as Snape.

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 12:18 PM

i think  that looks more like rickman as snape than your m3 does, and that your work shows that simon can get rid of those strangely melted eyes.  simon is basically a head morph for james g2, so i suppose that makes sense.

wonderful work.  i can definitely see simon as base for some cool older characters.  you've shown he has more potential than i thought.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 5:53 PM

Yep. Simon is basically a head morph for James. With the added benefit that they share morphs and textures. And yes, I don't know what whoever modeled him was thinking with those weird droopy eyes (well I've seen people look like that IRL so it's not totally alien, just very specific - which generally is a bad thing when it comes to character creation, of course) - but anyway they proved to be surprisingly easy to get rid of, so I did :)

Hmm come to think of it, I haven't tried importing James' head as a morph... I wonder how that would look, as a sort of half-and-half :) Must try that tomorrow G

I think Simon definitely has potential. I hope he will get some support from content creators. If I was better at making clothes, I certainly would support him.

And I agree, he's actually more Rickman-ish than my M3 morph. And considering that this took me so little time to dial into place, I think I could do even better with more time. I do intend to try :o)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.